Boots Grabbit Bargains Part 49 - Post your finds here

Options

Comments

• geordie_lass_2
    Options
    Cerenia wrote: »
    Quick question everyone - what respectably priced moisturiser would you reccomend for really dry skin? My Garnier stuff isn't really working anymore :(
    This won't do a lot for Mr B's profits but I've found olive oil to be really effective.
    I first tried it when I got some samples from DHC who make loads of olive oil based products, some of them just plain olive oil but very expensively priced.
    You only need a little drop or two, no need for the extra virgin stuff unless that's what you have handy. I decant mine into a little travel pump dispenser from Superdrug that just dishes out a small quantity so it doesn't get messy. I find that it soaks right in and doesn't leave any trace of oiliness on my face.
    Olive oil is apparently full of anti-oxidants that fight free radicals, whatever they are :rotfl:
    You can also use it mixed with a little sugar for seriously dry sore hands, instant relief and it actually smells quite pleasant too. If you want to buy it in Boots then the pharmacy have it but you'll get better value in a supermarket I think.

Oh, and it's great on pasta and salads ;)
  • Angie100
    Angie100 Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    Options
    vaz119 wrote: »
    sorry to snip jazzteddy.

glad u mentioned this. I have ~6 packs of the Td facial wipes from last skincare voucher where u could get them free. Am currently bout half way through 1st pack and my skin is a mess (i have mild eczema).

I wanted to return these for an exchange but should i just be honest and say i got them free (to explain the 6 packs!)? And then what would they let me exchange them for?

tia

Hi

I wouldn't say you got them free because at the end of the day you spent money to get those vouchers and if a product doesn't agree with you then they need to be told. I don't see why you should lose out on that voucher offer. They should offer you something else in exchange for the items as you have been inconvenienced enough as it is.

Angie
  • minimoneyme
    minimoneyme Posts: 1,638 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Melgirl wrote: »
    Who can help me?!?!

I need another 1800 points to 'buy' a camera for my niece for Christmas.

Anyone got any suggestions as to how I can get them.
    if you can find some reduced HE then get as much of that as you can in £5 lots (earning 100 point per bottle), then use the haircare wrinklies to get 1 each of TS reduced and T+G reduced, use the acm vouchers for T/S and T+G for 150 points each.
    I got T/S long hair straightening balm £1.22
    T+G copper shampoo £1.22
    used wrinklie so paid 44p and used both points vouchers, so 300 points :j
    gave the points vouchers first, then wrinklie, no beeps

If you can only find the T+G Model Me range the points voucher might beep, but it doesn't say there are any exclusions, the SA added mine manually.
  • jazzteddy
    Options
    vaz119 wrote: »
    glad u mentioned this. I have ~6 packs of the Td facial wipes from last skincare voucher where u could get them free. Am currently bout half way through 1st pack and my skin is a mess (i have mild eczema).
    I wanted to return these for an exchange but should i just be honest and say i got them free (to explain the 6 packs!)? And then what would they let me exchange them for?tia
    You should try the EA 8 hour stuff, its very good... put it on overnight...and wake up looking like a princess.(lol)

Depends on the SA involved....I took back 3 TD products, 1st SA said as I had no receipt, she couldn't help, but consulted another SA who said that it is boots policy to refund any boots brand product that has given you a bad reaction. I was able to get a full refund as the TD was not on offer.

If you say that the items were bought using wrinklies, they may be able to offer you either some of the current wrinklies and any money you paid or the value of the items on a gift card. Another option may be that you are offered an exchange for items to the value of those you have.I returned some No7 wipes, bought using a blinkie, that did not suit me, so got another blinkie and the money I had paid, which I used on something else.
    Take them back and if you have no joy in store, call customer care and see what they can do for you.
    As Angie100 has said, you did spend money to get those vouchers HTH:)

Angie100 wrote:
    I wouldn't say you got them free because at the end of the day you spent money to get those vouchers and if a product doesn't agree with you then they need to be told. I don't see why you should lose out on that voucher offer. They should offer you something else in exchange for the items as you have been inconvenienced enough as it is.
  • Melgirl
    Melgirl Posts: 952 Forumite
    Options
    if you can find some reduced HE then get as much of that as you can in £5 lots (earning 100 point per bottle), then use the haircare wrinklies to get 1 each of TS reduced and T+G reduced, use the acm vouchers for T/S and T+G for 150 points each.
    I got T/S long hair straightening balm £1.22
    T+G copper shampoo £1.22
    used wrinklie so paid 44p and used both points vouchers, so 300 points :j
    gave the points vouchers first, then wrinklie, no beeps

If you can only find the T+G Model Me range the points voucher might beep, but it doesn't say there are any exclusions, the SA added mine manually.

Many thanks, and thank you to everyone else that answered.

I will definately have the camera by the end of the weekend!! and lots of shampoo and hair treatmenrs:T

You are all angels:A
    VSP Challenge 2010 No 19 - £416.09 , 2011 No15 - £497.17, 2012 No9 - £146.52. 2013 No5 - £113.92
    SPC4 No1066 - £948.95,
    SPC5 No1066 - £659.49 (2 stone 13lbs)
    SPC6 No1066 - Pot 1 - 3.03b. Pot 2 - 3.05lb Pot 3 - 3.0lb
  • Bellydancer
    Options
    manila wrote: »
    someone was talking about Clinique gifts. i have checked it, no GWP at Boots till March (the calendar is too short for dates)
    i have some liquid soap and mascara from Clinique in my head, got a 10off Boots coupon, and some pts. hope to use it someday :rolleyes:

If you search .com for mascara, then refine the search to Clinique see here, it shows Clinique's High Impact Curling Mascara as having the offer of a free Quick Eyes cream shadow when you buy it. However, you can't buy it online at the moment, apparently due to a technical fault (that's what CS said, anyway).

I bought the mascara in House of Fraser today instead, and they gave me that same free gift - a 1.5ml cream shadow in "01 Sparkling Nude". It comes in what looks like a miniature lipgloss bottle with doe-foot applicator.
  • coxy1980_2
    Options
    Can someone help!!

Went into my localo bots today and they had lots of Loreal Anti Fatigue sets - When i took two to the till they were scanning at 11.?? each. Are these the wrong sets?

Did have success with the Radox refills though Huge and scanning at 49p BOGOF, so got myself 4 for less then a quid.
  • minimoneyme
    minimoneyme Posts: 1,638 Forumite
    Options
    coxy1980 wrote: »
    Can someone help!!

Went into my localo bots today and they had lots of Loreal Anti Fatigue sets - When i took two to the till they were scanning at 11.?? each. Are these the wrong sets?

Did have success with the Radox refills though Huge and scanning at 49p BOGOF, so got myself 4 for less then a quid.
    They are the ones in a grey wash bag with orange trim, the sel is either £14.** or £18.** (I've seen both) the wash bag has a card sleeve on it. Mine scanned at £3.** It's not the one in box. hth
    Will try and find a piccy in a mo

edit found a piccy - thanks sexy em and ebay!
    mine looks exactly like THIS but on the sleeve it just says 'free washbag' it doesn't mention the cleansing gel :confused:
  • rabbitrabbit
    Options
    neffy58 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Hope you're all having a great day, whatever the weather is in your area.

rabbitrabbit:wave: , may I ask what part of Kent you are in please?

You have a pm
  • neffy58
    neffy58 Posts: 628 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone have a No7 Moisture Drench lipstick fom the current gwp in shade Raisin Shimmer that they wont use? If so, I know where I can find a good home for it ;) Maybe it would like to swap houses with same in shade Pink Lemonade or Golden Rose...........................
    RIP Marmaduke 04.02.11 & MIsty 09.06.12 very, very sadly missed xxx

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport