PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Tues 20th Jan 09

Options

Comments

• HockeyDuo8083
    Options
    Good Morning,

Had me a productive evening last night. Made the Carbonara but made too much:rolleyes: do have frozen some for another night. I also cleaned out and rearranged the food cupboards so I could really see what was there.
    I also made a sausage casserole in the SC and woke up twice to check it in the night:rotfl: It looked delicious this morn so have packed some up for lunch and frozen the rest.

OS today - Sausage casserole & yogurt 4 lunch, tea will be pork chop and cous cous with salad.

Cleaning tonight in prep for Flat Inspection tomorrow...fun times.

N9eav - That is shocking about your DD, brilliant that they can prosecute these people. Good on her!:T
    Spreading the gospel that is Martin Lewis to the future generation....I'm a Home Economics Teacher and being thrifty is the way!:A
  • AussieLass
    AussieLass Posts: 4,066 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

I can't remember what day I wrote last :rolleyes: but since then I've been to DD to help her clean/garden her unit in readiness to her moving out. It wasn't that bad really. Went to the hairdressers yesterday for a tidy up. Today I took DGS to the city. Went to a great circus show at the library (without the animals :D ) did quite a few related activities there. Then went to the Musuem which he loved, loved, loved. Also went to the Art Gallery where there was also kids activities on.

Got home around 5.30pm feeling like a dead duck. It's been a big day. Luckily he's sleeping at home tonight. I've got him the next 2 nights. Tomorrow I've got a bit of catch up to do. Baking bread & the biscuit barrel & cake tin is empty. Washing & ironing needs to be done. The list goes on. Sigh. :D It was hot today as well although I was in air-con for most of it so didn't notice.

Went to Bingo Mon night too. Won twice. :D Off to take something for my head. Just told DH I have a headache. ;):D & have a shower. Hope you all have a great day. <hugs> to those that need them. Byeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. ;)

• patentgirl
    patentgirl Posts: 1,028 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Morning all

Neav that is awful it wouldnt happen here unless they looked alot older they are very strict here my DD is 16 and I would say looks it, a bit older with make up on but no where will sell her a lottery ticket without ID I have been stopped several times with alcohol in my trolley if she has been with me to check I am not buying it for her which i am of course not! and my poor DD25 was really embarrassed recently at Mr Ts local to us she had her weeks shopping ranging from catfood, cleaning stuff the lot plus a bottle of wine and they wouldnt let her buy the wine as she had no ID on her her 0H is 28 he had ID but becasue she didnt they wouldnt let them have it.

chicken curry for tea then will make some soup from carcass and scraps left
    apart from that not much happening here today

hugs for everyone that needs them.
    Frugal challenge 2024

• mummysaver
    mummysaver Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning all!

Just caught up on yesterday's thread, still giggling about tru's caller id! We got it too for the same reason!

Well the weather is beautifully sunny here, doesn't feel too cold but the car was all iced up this morning, dog didn't moan about going out though today, girl cat isn't leaving the house though, after the recent cold snap she is less than impressed with the great outdoors it seems!

Well so far today I've swished and swiped the kitchen, done the pots, cleaned the floor, hoovered, thrown dough in the bm and cheered when I found baked pots on the menu plan for tonight - no effort whatsoever, just pop into moski and go! Big kids will be serving themselves, as I shall be at a party with dd3 - not that she's little enough to need me to stay, but it's about half an hour's drive away, so pointless coming home.

Planning on having a go at my bathroom later, or at least making a list of what needs doing to it - ripping out and starting again spring to mind, best put a lottery ticket on the list as well then!

Found several packs of seeds in the back of a box of printer paper earlier, knew I had them, just couldn't remember where I'd put them lol! Anyway really pleased, not long till I can start them off! Will use a bit of common sense this time and store the packs with my beans and pea seeds (Roly, I have some from the plants that grew from the seeds you sent me!). I have been browsing the Argos catalogue and looking at a plastic greenhouse, looks easy to put up, and to take down again, it's sort of a bigger version of those little ones you can put against a wall to raise seeds in, does anyone have any experience of these?

Time for another coffee and a catch up on today's news, hugs to all in need xx
    GC Oct £387.69/£400, GC Nov £312.58/£400, GC Dec £111.87/£400
  • tired_mum
    tired_mum Posts: 2,340 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    well was up late and DH and kids had all left:D came downstairs made a cuppa and came on here:D
    Need to get mince out of freezer and do the veg for spag bol as we are out again tonight cubs,scouts etc. WM needs to go on but no ironing till tomorrow:j
    N9eav worrying that your DD could buy alcohol in so many places
    Moggins I am sure it would be seen as a justifiable murder:D
    MSD have you heard from Tristan
    Beth hope your brothers are ok
    Hugs to all who need them including the furry ones
    Have a good day
  • Blairweech
    Blairweech Posts: 1,379 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Salopman - I watched that Little Chef programme too - that CEO obviously wants Fat Duck dishes at Little Chef prices - not going to happen!
    Moggins - (((HUGS))) to you, hope you get things sorted out with your OH (and that is totally justifiable re: the kenwood)

Sorry, I did read the thread but it has gone straight out of my head.

Today we are going to see SlumDog Millionaire

I have managed 3 NSDs since Friday, which I am very glad of.

Breakfast: Poached egg on toast
    Lunch: Brocolli and stilton soup
    Dinner:....Not sure, maybe scampi
    We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment
  • wannabe_sybil
    Options
    Mudgekin - please adopt me! You can even have a virtual cuddle of evil cat (wouldn't recommend anything closer).

Hillstep - sending you all hugs and good wishes. It does get, if not easier, then more 'doable'.

Moggins - it is allegedly a sign of a strong marriage when you can say that you think of murder often but divorce never! Those moments where you stand in front of your dear heart and think, if I start speaking now we will still be here next Christmas are known to all established couples. And if he is so keen on these vslicers and Kenwood Chefs then I am sure his boss will provide - just in the interest of marital harmony.

Now there is often a little niggle about old style stuff being somewhere within the posts, and my posts have been a little thin of it lately, but I am going to continue madly ebaying until there is room to old style. A nice lady is going to come and value the house tomorrow and it looks like something from a documentary. But I strongly suspect that our house would only be of interest to a builder, so I want to see if it is worth watching House Doctor (dear heart will only watch this if strapped to a chair with a knife to his throat).

I have absolutely no idea what to do for tea, but it will have to be something straight forward.

This morning little bear is, I hope, napping and this afternoon I am going to take him for a long walk around the area to various shops and to a nearby field, depending on temperature. He is looking so tired, and I suspect a cold, but the world is too interesting for him to sleep so he is an exhausted little bear. I shall take him out in his wellies and his little fleece hat with ear flaps and see what he can jump in. I suspect I shall need a pair of wellies soon as well.

However, does anyone have any suggestions about cleaning crayon off things - is stardrops good? Or are there any good tips? Currently crayon is mainly on the drawing paper but also on the plastic blackboard that is only supposed to take chalk and the television screen. Little bear is an artist at heart :rolleyes::D
    Ankh Morpork Sunshine Sanctuary for Sick Dragons - don't let my flame go out!
  • AussieLass
    AussieLass Posts: 4,066 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I just read yesterday's thread & I suppose I was on the opposite side of the spectrum as my Mum died 3 years ago yesterday. I didn't say it earlier in my post as it was something that grieves me every day and not just on the 19th. I still miss her presence in my life – I miss the fun times, the casual conversations, and the closeness that I had with her as a daughter.

But do you ever get over the loss of someone very close to you. I don’t think so – I know the pain does ease and the memories kick in – but there is not a day that goes by in my life – that I don’t think of her. I will never forget the memory that she left behind in my thoughts and in my children. There is always a special place in my heart for her .
Yes, it gets easier, but there is always an emptiness.

Here's to you, Mum. I still love you and miss you heaps.

There is an ache in my heart that will never go away. What I wouldn't give for one more hug from you…. What I wouldn’t give to hear your voice… what I wouldn’t give to hear you laugh. <hugs> to those that have lost loved ones too. xxx
    Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. ;)

• wannabe_sybil
    Options
    Also hugs to all, and especially N9eave's DD. She deserves a medal.
    Ankh Morpork Sunshine Sanctuary for Sick Dragons - don't let my flame go out!
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Options
    I think the nesting instinct has kicked in :j, only been waiting 33 yrs for it to appear :rotfl:, but with 5 weeks to go it may be an early arrival :T. Didn't get it with my other 2, the closest i got was to iron my eldest daughters school uniform the eveing before DD 2 was born i also sprung out of bed to put bottles in steriliser the night before :confused:.

Still have cleaned bathroom, hoovered upstairs all rooms, yes even tackled DD's B/R. Kitchen cleaned, cupboards/appliances/doors wiped down. WM stardropped inside :confused:, looks lovely and sparkly.

Washing on line, more in machine at the mo.

Thanks for the reciepe Mudgekin will be attempting it put can't be @rsed to parboil;).

Off for a cuppa and a weetabix brownie ;)
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business