PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

OS Daily Tues 20th Jan 09

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    Options
    Good evening everyone - what an "interesting" day of posts it's been on our lovely chatterbox thread. Maya, if you actually do read this thread on a daily basis you will already know that your comment about some people being "queen Bee" around here (apologies if that wasn't your exact wording - it was certainly words to that effect though) is unfair and unjustified. It simply doesn't work that way. The reason that your welcome to the thread was less than warm was the way you introduced yourself to it. Did you really expect that you could attack one of our regular friends on here and then have the welcome banners hung out for you? :confused: Anyway, hopefully all that unpleasantness is behind us now. WS & Thriftlady - hope you're both OK and not too upset by what was said.

moggins - oh dear, what a horrible situation. I don't envy you the choices that you have to make one bit. Please do go and talk with your best friend though - think how hurt you would be if the situation were to be reversed and she didn't feel she could talk to you about it? I do so hope that things work out for you.

Aussie - what a beautifully worded piece about losing those close to us. We lost my adored Great Uncle some 11 years ago now - one of the greatest sorrows of my life if that he next met the man who is now MrEH - they would have got on famously and I honestly think Uncle Bob would have been so delighted with the way my life has turned out....Mum and I both agree that if we could have just one day to spend with anyone, we would have Bob back for the day......

I guess that MrEH and I are fortunate to get on very well with our respective MIL's. His Mum is a darling and is a constant source of inspiration to me as I strive to be more OS. She was a professional cook all her working life, varying between Restaurants, pubs, hotels and coffee shops, depending on which establishment managed to aquire her skills for that season! Her freezer is stocked in a way I could only dream of, with HM goodies all in their carefully labelled boxes, and she and I can chat for hours quite happily.

Well the rest of the meat is now picked off the weekend's chicken carcass, divided out and frozen. I have five bags for soup or risotto, and two bags which are larger pieces for sweet and sour etc. The Sweet and sour chicken for tonight was delicious. :D I may have to make that the next time we have friends over for dinner. MrEH's best friend and his wife will be heading over at some stage before too long and by coincidence I have promised them a chinese meal! WM is ready to go on tonight overnight, and DW may as well do likewise I think. Previous load of washing is on the airer, kitchen cleaned and sparkly, and best of all we are nearly there with the spare room coving! I may just have to throw a party once that room is finished - you're all invited, please bring a bottle or three! :rotfl: Tomorrow evening after dinner MrEH will take myself and the curtains to Mum's where we will get the sewing machine down from their loft. He will then come back home and sort out the last odd bits of coving leaving me to deal with the curtains. Hopefully he will then collect me and the (shortened) curtains plus tie-backs made from the cut off bits, a little later in the evening.

My manager at work and I have a serious day of decluttering tomorrow as we have been told that the spare office/archive room/junk room has to be clear by close of play Friday. I can see tomorrow being hard work! :rolleyes:

Have a good nights sleep everyone and a lovely day tomorrow and I will hopefully catch up with you tomorrow evening. xx
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • cliffsgirl
    Options
    Welcome to the thread - don't hold back! Don't worry about who you upset, who will be devastated by your posts, who will be sitting here wondering why, when their mother has driven them to suicide attempts, what they did wrong. Just come right out and tell it how it is.

You are the same person who told me I was violating my son's basic human rights because my mental illness was making it hard for me to take him to play group. How good did I feel then! I remember, I cried for hours.

I look forward with interest to see your other posts on this thread. I am sure that they will be illuminating and extremely helpful.

well said sybill i think you're fantastic!:T :T :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family