PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Tues 20th Jan 09

Options

Comments

• mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning!
    a wee bit rainy and a wee bit windy so will more than likely get a wee bit wet on the way to school. I'd a good day at work yesterday got high praise from the owner of the company so was quite chuffed.
    We had turkey curry last night told dd2 it was chicken she wolfed it down....what a deceitful mother I am!
    fish for kids tonight I'm not so keen so will probably have hm soup.

Must dash am rushing a bit this morning .Have a nice one!
    Mx
  • brokenwings
    Options
    morning all

i have to go to work today and really dont even want to get out of bed

my neice just rang before going to school and told me that its easy to get my 'vest' on without taking my pyjamas off ( lol ) and that once ive done that i should do twenty star jumps and then ill be ready to go

hmm if only

anyway despite being at work i think i can manage a virtually no spend day - i will need a $1 to tip the bell boy at the hotel and £1.20 for a cup of tea at work before i fly off but THATS IT so that will be around £2.10 in three days which cheers me right up

OS wise - well nothing to report i am afraid - i have left a freezer and fridge and larder full of home made goodies for all meals and the housework laundry and ironing are all up to date -- just iwsh time could stand still and it would all still be the same when i get back but hey ho

back on friday

enjoy your week stay safe and healthy
    x
  • anniebooklover
    Options
    Good morning everyone

N9eav - I'm surprised at a major supermarket supplying a 14yo without proof of age - most of them have a sign saying if you look under 25 they will ask you for proof of age! I hope the penalties are severe.
    mudgekin - it must be such a worry that your mum has lost her appetite. Hopefully the health professionals will come up with a solution.

Day off today. I will be going to the gym shortly (3rd time in 4 days. :j ) then home to do some cleaning. DS and DD were very helpful at the weekend so we got lots of corners cleared, bags of unwanted stuff dropped at the charity shop, bags of stuff in the attic so the house is looking slightly less cluttered but there is still plenty to do.

Boss at my second job has told me it looks like he will be retiring at the end of March. Thankfully boss no1 has told me that he will offer me the extra hours so that I'm unaffected by the change. :j I had mentioned that there was another financial adviser who may offer me extra hours but Boss 1 said "no, that's not necessary". I think he's scared that I may leave as he doesn't know how to do all the online admin. ;)

I have defrosted some pork mince so will make Spag Bol tonight - at DS's request - and use the rest to make lasagne - DD's request. I have been doing a store-cupboard challenge so I now have some room in the f/f and cupboards that I can fill when I get paid on Friday. Yay! It seems months and months since I last got paid.

(((( hugs )))) to all who need one and :j to those who are celebrating.
    :hello: to twink and aussie Hope you are both well ladies.

The gym beckons but I may pop back later. Bye for now.
    "Bad planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
    - Proverb
  • hilstep2000
    hilstep2000 Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    Options
    Morning All!
    Woke this morning, and jacket poatoes with cheesy beans and salad popped into my head! So that's tonights' dinner sorted:rotfl:

Glad we got DD's bank sorted. Stairlift being put in tomorrow. Taken DS to work, then realised no purse, and need petrol. will have to get it at lunchtime when I pick him up. Don't want to put too much in though. I'm using my Dad's car at the mo, and should get my new fiesta next week. PINK!!! getting excited now:T

OH didn't mention the conversation last night. Hopoe he's thinking about it though.
    N9eav that's terrible about your daughter. My DS is 18, and is always asked for ID:rotfl: He never has looked his age (or acted it!)

It's my Mammas anniversary on Sunday. I can't believe it's a year since she died. Where did that year go?:confused: We are going to the grave on Saturday. I haven't been since the funeral for various reasons, also it is a four hour journey from us, there and back.

Have a good day all!
    I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

• nesssie1702
    nesssie1702 Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone - hope you're all in fine fettle today?

It's a dry breezy day here, so I'm going to chance hanging out the towels that were washed overnight on Economy Seven. Then I need to walk the dog before I head off to work.

Lunchtime today, have to try and get a reasonable quote for my dad's van, as his renewal came through and they're looking for over £330 :eek: He's a pensioner and uses it to take feeding stuff to the croft....

Dinner this evening will be fish pie made in a large quantity, so that I can freeze a few portions. Managed to get cheap salmon and prawns in Tesco last night that were dated for today, so that's going in :)

Hope you all have a good day - hugs and wishes to everyone and I hope that you all have a Terrific Tuesday!
  • MRSTITTLEMOUSE
    Options
    Good morning all.
    It's fresh and bright here today.Yesterday was horrendous.
    I've got loads to do today,washing and ironing and two birthday cakes to bake included.
    Don't have a clue what we'll have for tea,but I've got loads in so I'll find something.
    Hope everyone's day runs smoothly.
    Take care all...
  • SALOPMAN
    SALOPMAN Posts: 521 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Hi all,
    Was very frosty when I got up this morning,looks quite slippy out there,could not get warm last night had heating on full belt,won't be cold for no one lol,Sun out now and looks quite nice in frosty weather,tea will be something like spag boll or something quick like that - Mrs B did nice tea yesterday,chick fillets wrapped in bacon and cheese and done in oven yummy!
    Watched the programme about Little Chef last night,shame they are suffering,but can't see that new chef will help much.
    Hopefully all not too bad today for everyone - tara .......

Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness. :beer:
  • beemuzed
    beemuzed Posts: 2,188 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good Morning All! Cold and bright at present here, I do hate it when it's just grey, so must get out soon. Not very OS today - I'm going out to lunch with a friend - still celebrating that very big birthday! In fact I must go off to the council offices to purchase my senior railcard - for some reason it's cheaper to buy there than down at the station. Why????
    Washing on as older dog seems incapable of making it through the night now without a damp bed. Still, at 16+ he's doing very well for a border collie, and has been a great companion all his life.
    Also need to get minutes form last night's meeting written up - no excuses for delay these days! May sort some clothes out in the wardrobe and may drift across to the Flylady thread to see what else I should be doing today. I do know that DH wants chicken curry for supper, so had best find some chicken from the depths of the freezer - I know there's some in there somewhere!
    Hope you all have a good day - and ((HUGS)) to anyone in need of one today.
    Resolution:
    Think twice before spending anything!
  • csarina
    csarina Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all...............((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))) if you need one.

I had a better nights sleep last night, but did have a weird dream. I was having to take my drriving test again, I failed because I was steering the car with my feet and knitting I could not do the hand signals out of the window!!!!:eek: :eek:

I have to have a swift run round with the duster and hoover this morning as it did not get done yesterday. Chap is supposed to be coming to fix the hall light later today, he did not turn up yesterday.

Nothing else planned. Will get OH out for a walk sometime, its been very cold out, I 'smelt' it when I got out of bed. The roofs and pavements are white with frost, have not checked the external temerature yet but guess its only just above freezing. The sun is just hitting the side of the window, so looks like its going to be one of those clear, cold days I like.

I am in a bit of a quandry, wondering whether to change our bank. We do not have a branch near us, although I can pay in and get cash from the post office at the back of us. The Alliance and Leicester have a branch at the local shopping centre where I go to do my shopping and for the market......do I open an account there????????? I know you can get £100 if you open an account. Its the problem of having to change all our payments in that drives me crackers.......I might make an appointment to go and see them. The account we have with the bank gives us certain extras like travel insurance but with OH's present condition we are not going to need it. AA cover which I get free with the new car, and a couple of other things I have not used at all, so I would not miss them...........I am so bad at making decisions just now............the other option is to downgrade to a simple account rather than the platinium we have just now..........oh dear.......what do I do????????

Sausage casserole for supper. I need to go to the library, we both have books waiting for us, if I do not pick them up they will send them back. We reserve books on line and they keep them for 2 weeks when they becaome available.

Right finished my second mug of coffee so better go and get cracking with the cleaning, shower and get on....see y'all later..............
    g
    Was 13st 8 lbs,Now 12st 11 Lost 10 1/4lbs since I started on my diet.
  • *moggins*
    Options
    I am going to kill OH when he gets home so if you see a report of a murder in Gloucestershire you'll know it's me!!

I needed the vslicer today and have just discovered that OH has taken it to work!! He's threatening to take my Kenwood Chef too and I have told him that will happen over my dead body.

We ended up having a massive row last night as he's agreed to work an extra threee nights a week, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. He only took this job as it meant he would be home every night and now everything is changing as his boss wants to start doing an evening a la carte menu! I know he gets bored with doing just breakfast and lunch stuff but I also know that half of this is his ego because he wants another rosette under his belt.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure