BT Price Increases from 1/4/2009

Comments

• jhp
    jhp Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    grumpycrab wrote: »
    "Friends and Family scheme to Geographical Numbers and one 0845 Number abolished"
    The !!!!!!s. That was saving me quite a bit.

Is www.18185.co.uk not better then F&F for Geo Numbers.

5p a call as opposed to BT,s 7p connection plus the cost of call.
  • iceburn
    iceburn Posts: 680 Forumite
    First Post
    have bt now stop the min charge per call and actually move to setup charge like they do on virgin?
  • jhp
    jhp Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    iceburn wrote: »
    have bt now stop the min charge per call and actually move to setup charge like they do on virgin?

They did that ages ago.;)

Latest Increase: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1423587
  • Fred56
    Fred56 Posts: 74 Forumite
    Is it possible to take advantage of BT's discount for paperless billing and direct debit without getting caught in their 12 month recurring contract scam? I live in rented and occassionally have to move. Avoiding contracts is a bit of obsession.
  • billsavings
    billsavings Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    Fred56 wrote: »
    Is it possible to take advantage of BT's discount for paperless billing and direct debit without getting caught in their 12 month recurring contract scam? I live in rented and occassionally have to move. Avoiding contracts is a bit of obsession.

You can pay by d/d and get a discount,plus get a discount for paperless billing without taking a 12 month renewable call contract, by choosing the free weekend option or paying more for your call bundles.
    http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=25499

You cant however avoid a 12 month line rental contract every time you move,unless you change supplier to PO Homephone who dont have at the moment a minimum term.
  • alared
    alared Posts: 4,029 Forumite
    Why don`t you all leave BT if you don`t like their price rises?
  • MattLFC
    MattLFC Posts: 397 Forumite
    Im not with BT :)

I still don't agree with their shady business tactics andconstant ripping off of customers however.
  • Fred56
    Fred56 Posts: 74 Forumite
    alared wrote: »
    Why don`t you all leave BT if you don`t like their price rises?

Do I have a choice living in a deeply rural area? Cable is an urban thing, like buses and freeview. Plus there is the cost of moving the internet service too and BT now charge for the ISP ceasing service and there's an activation charge for the new line provider to set up ADSL. The likes of TalkTalk don't offer a service here and even if they did their reputation is enough to put anyone off. I like my ISP (ICUK) and would want to stay with them because the service is excellent.

Billsavings - Thanks for the info, will follow-up.
  • littleboo
    littleboo Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    MattLFC wrote: »

I still don't agree with their shady business tactics andconstant ripping off of customers however.

ie just likes to moan
  • alared
    alared Posts: 4,029 Forumite
    MattLFC wrote: »

Nor do I.
    That`s why I moved to TalkTalk and halved by monthly bill in the process.:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure