BT Price Increases from 1/4/2009

Options
From 1st April 2009.

Standard line rental price increases to £12.50 a month (from £11.50). (Already posted about).

The cost of UK calls made during the daytime increase by 0.59 pence per minute to 4.50 pence per minute.

The price of the chargeable Unlimited Evening and Weekend Plan increases from £2.65 to £2.95 per month.

The price of the Unlimited Anytime Plan with a 12 month renewable contract will increase by 10p per month on 1 April, from £4.85 per month to £4.95 per month. The full price of this plan (without a contract) will increase from £5.82 to £5.95 on 1 April.

The monthly charge for each individual calling feature is increasing by 79p per month to £2.50 per month.

Friends and Family scheme to Geographical Numbers and one 0845 Number abolished.(New schemes for mobile and intl numbers,chargeable in some cases).

Plus the minimum call charge went up to 8p on 16/1/2008. (already posted about)

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/dynamicmodules/pagecontentfooter/pageContentFooterPopup.jsp?pagecontentfooter_popupid=23771&s_cid=con_FURL_calls_callchanges

Comments

• cardigan
    Options
    I have just discovered that BT's latest calling plan that includes 'free' 0870 and 0845 calls does not include 0871 and 0844 numbers!! Apart from making money anyone know why 0870 and not 0871 etc.?
  • Ypaymore
    Ypaymore Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Options
    Soon to be 13p to make a short peak less then a minute chargeable call to say a voicemail.:eek:
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    "The Unlimited Anytime Plan is now nearly £10 per month cheaper than it was in 2006. In 2006 it cost £14.50 per month"

what idiot paid line rental & ^that a month
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • MiserlyMartin
    Options
    £12.50 just for line rental and all thse other charges on top!? I think I am going to cancel my phoneline go elsewhere.
  • chriscycling
    Options
    Does these mean that the bt line rental will go up from £10.27 a month when payed by direct debt. from april.
  • MattLFC
    MattLFC Posts: 397 Forumite
    Options
    I can't believe they are increasing the line rental, what a big fat rip off!!

It's about time one of the regulatory bodies stepped in and forced them to reduce the line rental charges, they take the pi$$ to be honest!!
  • MattLFC
    MattLFC Posts: 397 Forumite
    Options
    Hmmmm, it says the pricing includes VAT but does not mention what the rate is. I am guessing, the prices will be at the reduced rate and then increase further in 2010??

Thus giving BT an excuse to "round up" pricing when the 17.5% rate returns, so almost gaining the advantage of stealth when putting the costs up in the new year...

2010 - £13.00 per month line rental, !!!!!!!! I would have though they would have abolished it by now, had anyone asked me 10 year ago, and just charged you for calls etc...
  • silvergirl
    Options
    One had to read the whole of the email telling us of the 'Important Information about your BT service' to find the £1 per month price rise notification. It's there but slotted in, as usual, where most people won't bother to read it. Not actionable of course, but not exactly transparent BT!
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    "Friends and Family scheme to Geographical Numbers and one 0845 Number abolished"
    The !!!!!!s. That was saving me quite a bit.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • jhp
    jhp Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Options
    Does these mean that the bt line rental will go up from £10.27 a month when payed by direct debt. from april.

Paper Free Billing goes up from £10.27 to £11.25.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure