Venture Photography

Options

Comments

• Naella
    Options
    Hi Minimoneysaver,
    I am licking my wounds at how much I spent at Venture and the USB stick doesn't let you do anything with the pictures. How did you manipulate your images to go on bags and posters etc? That would soften the blow if I could make some pictures for the kids!
    Thanks Naella
  • Naella
    Options
    Sorry Minimoney - I'm repeating here because previous response has gone on later ... how did you get those pics off your pen drive? The only thing I can think of is photographing the computer screen and, well .... I would be soooo pleased to find out and it would stop me feeling such a mug!!!
    thank you, Naella
  • Naella
    Options
    Dear Minimoneysaver - with Christmas round the corner and the coffers empty due to being seduced by Venture - tell me your secret please - how did you get anything off that pen drive? Is it the 'photograph the computer screen' as I suspect???

Yours hopefully,
    Naella:confused:
  • FairyShazza
    FairyShazza Posts: 1,279 Forumite
    Options
    A friend had some pictures done at Venture and whilst they were fantastic I am pretty sure that as an amateur photographer I could have a go at doing similar ones using my SLR and equipment and probably get not far off what they ended up with.
    One day Rodney we'll be millionaires
    £2020 in 2020 - Running Total £17
  • minimoneysaver
    Options
    Naella, my local Venture were fantastic. Not only did they give me the USB, but I got full copies of all pictures on disc at a really high quality. It was the same file that they would send to the labs. My USB had reasonable quality pictures on it too. Have you called Venture to ask why you can't get them off the stick? You can't possibly take pictures of the screen. It'll never work.
  • tessa1978uk
    Options
    I took the pen drive option. They are fantastic. I've had bags/postcards and huge canvas's made up from the pics. Really good value for money.

Hi there

We've just ordered our images on a USB stick but we didnt see the part where it says you cant print anything! How did you manage to print?
  • minimoneysaver
    minimoneysaver Posts: 2,222 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've used them on all sorts of things. I've had calendars, post cards, mugs, bags etc made for family from the pictures. There was no copyright on anything from Venture. Can't speak highly enough of them.
  • karlboz
    Options
    There is a program that allows you to remove pictures from the USB pen. PM me for the information as i dont want the robbing company to know what it is and stop it. :D
  • Harneyp
    Options
    Spent a fortune at Venture - got the 'locked' USB as a 'thank you'......Not much use as cant print the pictures anyhow !!!! Does anyone know how to unlock this thing so I can at least try to recoup some of our money/face
  • eleanora_
    eleanora_ Posts: 313 Forumite
    Options
    Wow, I can't believe these prices for an outfit that seems to process all its photos the same - five minutes in Photoshop, push all the adjustment sliders to the right, print, repeat. Shocking!

@HarneyP - see the post above yours, looks helpful!
    :j Married my lovely man on 29th June 2013 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family