Venture Photography

Options

Comments

• Sam-Barr
    Sam-Barr Posts: 98 Forumite
    Options
    I cannot believe people still go to these robbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • dbagnall2002
    Options
    I am certain that its possible, I work in computers, it should be a case of working out what language the .exe is written in, then decompiling the program to gain access to the images. I am more than happy to help you free of charge to get your images, I like the idea of the challenge. Feel free to pm me if you would like to try it for you.
  • Nags66
    Options
    karlboz wrote: »
    There is a program that allows you to remove pictures from the USB pen. PM me for the information as i dont want the robbing company to know what it is and stop it. :D
    Karlboz - would you be able to contact me regarding he unlock of the Venture pen drive?
    I was 'talked' into buying a large print but they threw in he Pen Drive as a 'bonus' (the boss has just slapped my wrist!!?) offer and I would like to be able to re-create some of the 15 prints on the drivce as well.
    Hope you can help.
  • Rowan_2
    Rowan_2 Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    Any suggestions as to an alternative near Glasgow?
    I have booked the session for my mum and dad, but am now terrified of her being talked into something way too expensive!

Rowan.
  • Karen70
    Options
    Hiya, would you please be able to let me know how to unlock the prints? Am going back Sat for viewing and looking at doing a deal on the usb so would like to be able to use it.
  • Karna7
    Options
    karlboz wrote: »
    There is a program that allows you to remove pictures from the USB pen. PM me for the information as i dont want the robbing company to know what it is and stop it. :D

I'd appreciate it if you could please PM me the details as would love to know how to do that!

Yeah, spent £1600 on the photos from last week and feel a bit fool! However, still want to make the most of the photos from the USB stick provided soon!

Thanks in advance...
  • Kandboys
    Kandboys Posts: 1,440 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Eeek I can't believe the prices for Venture! I've had some pics done recently of my boys at our local photo studio and they are stunning - completely on a par with Venture shots. Prices start from £5 per print plus you can buy the CD with ALL the images on for £50 copyright free!!! A lot of these photography chains are completely sales orientated.
    Thank you to everyone for sharing competitions!
  • TripleD_2
    Options
    It is possible to extract files from the USB, PM me and I can speak to you about doing it!
  • SimonCR_2
    Options
    MichH wrote: »
    Rather than buying the photo's from the company he bought the pictures on a USB stick, so he has that in a digital photo frame. His friend took off the company logo from the pictures prior to printing them - a much cheaper option!

I'm sorry but as a photographer myself this makes me really mad and is totally illegal. Venture are not cheap....the pictures are OK but seriously overpriced. However when you book with them and before you book with them they make no secret of it. If you ask them they will happily tell you the cost of them. They are business like anyone else and your friends husband has ripped them off and stolen from them. It is no different from walking into a clothes shop taking off the branded tag and walking out with them. When buy the USB it clearly says they are not to be distributed without their prior knowledge. I am sorry but I understand not wanting to pay their prices but they could have known this before going if they asked and they to go a steal from them is disgusting. I think people believe that because you haven't physically take a tangible product that it is OK but its not its still theft.

I'm not going to promote myself on here as that is really vane however I can assure you I am not from venutre.
  • SimonCR_2
    Options
    Venture wont let us have our photos taken as once they learn my DH doesnt want to be in photos they say that it is for families only, sorry!! Wouldn't pay their prices anyway as how can they justify something that has been put on a digital camera and then printed off!!! Ridiculous.

I understand what you are saying but dont compare your boots and tesco costs to the costs we as photographers pay. Our printing costs are a lot more the supermarkets 12p per print or using you own computer. What you dont know is that if these pics are displayed in sunlight on the wall eventually they will fade. If you photographer gets your prints done correctly they are printed and coated so they will not fade for a very, very long time and this is not cheap.

Remember I think venture are very expensive but a warning is that places can also be too cheap. If its cheap it either means the photographer is very bad at profit and loss and will go out of business quickly or they are giving you cheap supermarket prints that will fade.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport