🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Venture Photography

Options

Comments

• parsamonious
    Options
    Well we had our viewing and the photos were stunning. After much discussion and haggling we got 3 for the price of 2 (offer on at present) plus they gave us the usb with about 12 photos on although I don't think we'll be able to print from it. We did spend a fair bit in the end but we are delighted with the results and know they will look fantastic in our home.
  • skylight
    skylight Posts: 10,716 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Ooh er. Glad I didn't pay £1200 (not that I ever would), but my local franchise has gone bankrupt this week - in the papers about complaints from people who purchased and in the liquidation column.
  • Girlzmum
    Girlzmum Posts: 539 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We got pics taken by Venture about 3 years ago and they're absolutely stunning pictures. Its just a shame they're so expensive.
    Norn Iron Club member 273:beer:
  • Maleva
    Options
    Checkout colourfulthoughts.com they offer an alternative to Venture using your own photos
  • nichart20
    nichart20 Posts: 957 Forumite
    Options
    If your really set on venture my friend had a venture party at the studios for each person that bought a studio package for £25.00 was she got money towards a print and ended up with a picture worth about £800, quite a few bought the package for £25.00 so you would need to invite quite a few people that would be interested in getting them
  • Nadstar
    Nadstar Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    In the spirit of MSE, Tesco Rewards have ID Photography vouchers in their Days Out. For £280 worth of vouchers, you in theory get 5 7x5 prints and 5 pics on CD (They don't have to be the same) but a bit of haggling on the day meant that I walked out with 10 pics on CD for £25 (They agreed to just keep the deposit that I had paid when booking)

The studio that I went to (Holloway) was nowhere near as showy as the Venture ones but the staff were lovely and I am so happy with the pics! Happier still that it cost me so little!!!
  • faye6174
    faye6174 Posts: 127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We took our doggies and have 3 stunning pictures from Venture(2 small 1 Big). They are a talking point and everyone who comes to our house comments. We took the interest free option. They are horrendouusly overpriced, and i think it cost us about £1800 in total (2 years ago). We intended to only pick up our free print as well and got the hard sell, it worked!! I wouldn't do it again because our circs have changed. If you can afford it, go for it, the quality is second to none and IMHO they are works of art, not just pictures.
  • amilotte
    amilotte Posts: 129 Forumite
    Options
    There is no doubting that Venture photos are fab (we had them done about 4 years ago - £800 for 2 photos). At the time they were a 'new style' not provided by any other company that we knew of however, there are many photographers out there who provide the same style these days at a much cheaper cost.

We took the 'offer' they had completely expecting to walk away with the 'free' desk photo but the 'hard sell' mentioned above also worked for us and we left spending far more than I would have ever anticipated. They are very clever and sit you down to look at all the gorgeous photos which, of course, you fall in love with!!! In my mind the product is no way near worth the money and one of the frames had chipped in several places within a couple of months. They must be making a fair old profit from what cannot cost them an awful lot to produce.

Anyhoo this is only my two pennies worth! I knwo you have made your mind up but just be aware that it can be very very expensive!
    :jThanks to everyone who post competitions/freebies :j
    Started comping June 2011 and wins/freebies so far are..
    JLS cd Tabasco sauce Toothpaste Simple eye corrector pen Armarni Sport Code Bio effect serum Charles Worthington hair straightening kit Lancome mascara Rimmel mascara £50 gift card Breakfast Cereal
  • minimoneysaver
    Options
    I took the pen drive option. They are fantastic. I've had bags/postcards and huge canvas's made up from the pics. Really good value for money.
  • SambaRamba
    SambaRamba Posts: 357 Forumite
    Options
    I'd say spend your money on a high spec camera (£200-£300) and take the photos yourself against a white wall!

At our viewing we were offered wine and beer (hmm wonder why), and when we looked at the sample frames that the photos came in they were made up of cheap wood which was poorly veneered. The price list could no way be justifed when we saw what they were offering. You can easily get your photos printed as a poster or onto a canvas and IKEA do an excellent range of frames.

By the time you're done you will have easily saved yourself £1000!
    <('@')> Oink
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family