Venture Photography

Options
Does anyone have any ideas of the current prices that Venture charge for their pictures.... I have a session booked with them for the beginning of Feb and I just wanted to know how much some of their new ranges were....

And yes... I know they are expensive, I am sure people think that they are overpriced and could get it cheaper elsewhere. But thats where I am going:D
So any helpful information would be brilliant

Thanks

Comments

• tattoed_bum
    tattoed_bum Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    Options
    my friend just paid £1500 for 16 prints i dont know if that helps there was only one large framed print with that
  • wireman_2
    Options
    Hi

If i was you i would find a good local Photographer, They can be as good or if not better than Venture and a damn site cheaper.

Or you can just get the pictures from your Photographer and go to a local Picture Framers and get them framed to how you would like them

And again alot cheaper.

Hope this helps
  • LilMissEmmylou
    Options
    i have the price booklet up the stairs as my mum booked my DD in there to get a free photo thinking she would buy others LOL i did try to inform her when i said pricey i meant it!

The cheapest for 1 photo (smallest size) was about £250 most pricey if i recall was just short of £4k.... yes for one photo....
  • fernliebee
    fernliebee Posts: 1,803 Forumite
    Options
    i have the price booklet up the stairs as my mum booked my DD in there to get a free photo thinking she would buy others LOL i did try to inform her when i said pricey i meant it!

The cheapest for 1 photo (smallest size) was about £250 most pricey if i recall was just short of £4k.... yes for one photo....

Eeeeeeek!!!!! I knew they were expensive but that has shocked me. I feel that the 'free' picture voucher is a bit of a con, preying on your emotions! They do take lovely pics though, but I'm sure it's the white background that makes it look so good! :D

In fairness though if you can afford it, what better to spend cash on, than memories of your LO's, they grow up so quick. Personally I'm more of a fan of home photography, and 'action' shots (you know, the face in the dinner shot! :) ) of event's, activities places etc but everyone has different taste.
  • LilMissEmmylou
    Options
    fernlie i would personally just go to a regular local photographer who does a similar style and in fact have done so before and got 4 pictures in triplicate (bigger than 6 X4 but not much - but i cant remember exact size) for £45 - bargain!
  • LittleTinker
    Options
    £250 minimum for a picture.....just not worth it in my opinion.

Free one is about 1cm x1cm small lol
  • sarahsarah
    Options
    There one in Pontefract that does a one hour family photoshoot for about £75 i think on a white background, and he gives you a cd with all the photos on from the hour with permission to print as you like printed on the disk...

http://www.lloydbunting.co.uk

He was at an Xmas party we took our DD to, he did loads of photos, it cost us £15 and we got 3 framed prints plus a cd with loads on for that!!
  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Options
    A friend of mine is a photographer and does it in her house, for £50 she will fill an album with 36 7 by 5 prints and you can order copies in an assortment of different sizes from as little as £2.50 each... She also gets the white backround as well as action shots!
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

• mintymoneysaver
    Options
    I think a 7x5 is about £120 absolute minimum, in a totally plain frame.
    We have just got 2 7x5 in the next frame up, one 10x8 in a bigger frame with mount( so it looks much bigger) and one of the even bigger size than that for £680 in total.
    ( I hasten to add this was split between me, my mum and my sister!)

A friend got a big frame with about 8 different photos in for about £1000!

I really wasn't that impressed in all honesty. I was taken in by the 'show' but when I actually got the photos home, there are tops of heads missing etc. I woldn't go again, although if you have small children they do get some great photos of them. My girls are older, and they managed to make my stunning 15 year old look a bit odd!

Apparently prices are different at different studios though as they are a franchise.

Hope that helps
  • MichH
    MichH Posts: 192 Forumite
    Options
    My friend had a session with a company like this (not sure if it is the same one), but they couldn't afford to buy any photo's. Come Christmas Day last year her husband came down with some large photo's from the session that he had a photographer friend print up and frame for him.

Rather than buying the photo's from the company he bought the pictures on a USB stick, so he has that in a digital photo frame. His friend took off the company logo from the pictures prior to printing them - a much cheaper option!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure