PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

An OS Valentine's meal?

Options

Comments

• zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    hmmm pasta you say? What's your favourite type of meat or ingredient etc?

these threads may help

pasta bakes

pasta sauce recipes

pasta ideas

chicken pasta bake

tuna pasta bake

ill merge this with ourValentine thread later on

Zip :)
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• Nottoobadyet
    Nottoobadyet Posts: 1,754 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Considering a light soup (perhaps carrot and lentil, a favorite around here and very, very cheap), main of a meat Cannelloni and Tiramisu for desert, assuming I can find suitable biscuits.
    Mortgage free by 30:eek:: £28,000/£100,000
    :DDebt free as of 1 October, 2010:D
    Taking my frugal life on the road!
  • Pee
    Pee Posts: 3,826 Forumite
    Options
    My menu won't be very helpful as I am thinking about crab or prawns. Your menu sounds good and there would be cheese in the canneloni, thinking that would be expensive and therefore a treat and a bit grated on top is a great use to make a little go a long way.

Have you tried paneer or tried making it? I understand this is quite straightforward, although I have never tried it, and I love it in curry.

If desperate home cooked sponge cake - if the oven could manage - would do for the bottom bit for the tiramisu and I prefer it with Baileys although apologies if that is hard to find.
  • vodkachick68
    Options
    Hiya all

Sorry if this has already cropped up before. I am struggling with what to cook my boyfriend for valentines night. He likes any meat or veg but cannot stand any sort of fish. I was wondering if any of you lovely peeps have any ideas for a main and a pudding.

• parsonswife8
    Options
    Sirloin steak with pepper sauce, sauteed potatoes, green beans and then small round meringue cases (shop bought) filled with fresh sliced strawberries and topped with fresh cream.
    :)

;) Felines are my favourite ;)
  • Elliesmum
    Elliesmum Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    As money is very tight this year - I am also cooking Valentines night dinner.

We are having chili con carne (it is his favourite) with rice, hm garlicky flat breads and guacamole followed by hm heart shaped shortbread with ice cream.

I've checked my freezer and cupboards and have nearly all the ingredients in so it should be super money saving.....

EM x
    You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
    Plato ;) Make £2018 in 2018 no. 37 - total = £1626.25/£2018 :j
  • Li0nhead
    Li0nhead Posts: 16,922 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi there! We’ve had to remove your signature. It was so good we removed it because we cannot think of one so good as you had and need to protect others from seeing such a great signature.
  • Nottoobadyet
    Options
    There are loads online, but none struck my fancy. We have steaks / lamb chops etc pretty regularly and cant get seafood, so Im doing an Italian themed meal of bruschetta, three cheese stuffed pasta shells in a meat sauce and tiramisu for desert. Im lucky enough to live where its warm so I'll be setting the table up in the garden with candles etc as a surprise. Happy to share recipe links.
    Taking my frugal life on the road!
  • room512
    room512 Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'd love the link to the recipe for three cheese pasta please
  • Nottoobadyet
    Options