PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

my full management estate agent do not pay my rent

Comments

• Mr Doherty

Perhaps you could elaborate on why you ignore orders of the Court? You have recently been served with an Order from Northampton County Court, which directs you to pay a substantial sum of money to a landlord client on terms. You have ignored that order and failed to reply to correspondence. Further, perhaps you could explain why it is your practice not to hold rents in a seperate client account and then to actually use rent monies as if they were your own? Finally, considering your financial difficulties (and it is obvious you can't meet your debts as they fall due) how on earth do you continue to trade?

Quite frankly, my advice to your landlord clients is to report you to the Police. Your actions do constitute fraud (you are using client monies as your own).

If anyone else has any problems with this gentleman (Rent a pad Didsbury) then feel free to PM me for informal advice. As you can probably ascertain from this post, I have had some dealings with this gentleman and his continual refusal to honour Court Orders!
  • Thom

This sounds like another lie as I have emailed you numerous times with no response!! Obviously this response you have given on the blog is to try and make it look as if you are going to do something about it which obviously is not the case...I hope everybody realises this.

You have even been ignoring solicitors letters and court letters so I don't imagine an email will get much response. If you are serious about sorting it out why not try picking up your phone!!!
  • Mr Doherty also acts as a Director of a new company known as Manchester Letting Centre Ltd. The new company trades from the same address as Rent-a-Pad and was only incorporated in March.

I would suggest people avoid this company as if Mr Doherty carries on the business practices employed at Rent-a-Pad then the situation will be much more serious; as Mr Doherty would have the 'veil' of limited liability.

Of course Mr Doherty has given inaccurate residential details to Companies House (I assume he does not sleep in his office!)
  • englishbob_2
    englishbob_2 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Thom Doherty How you have got the front to post that on here just re-inforces what a conman you are. Glad you have though because it means these posting must be bad for business for you to bother to respond. The net is tightening in on you and not long now before you best get out of Manchester altogether.
  • lampkin
    lampkin Posts: 20 Forumite
    edited 5 June 2009 at 1:40PM
    Just to reiterate, incase anyone is taken in by this. Thom has already had numerous emails, phone calls and letters from myself, he now has a CCJ, and has still refused to return my money, what's not to understand?

The audacity of this person never ceases to amaze. My current action is a warrant of execution.

Completely shocking...
  • englishbob_2
    Lampkin, did you get the car reg at all?
  • lampkin
    Macca29 wrote: »
    So my final point is a message for Thom Docherty; I am pleased you are reading these threads Thom, and find it interesting that you chose to respond to the thread.
    It would be interesting to find out how your own personal court case is going against the person who you came across on another blog/thread earlier this year who had 'defiled your good name'...

Hahaha, he tried this on with me when I phoned up once. He dared to suggest I'd brought his name into disrepute after leaving a post on their own forum explaining what the situation was (this was after many ignored phone calls, emails, letters etc), he didn't reply to that either yet acknowledged reading it in a phone conversation months later.

:rotfl:
  • englishbob_2
    To all of you who have outstanding CCJs with the Fatman / Rentpad I am led to believe that we can get him struck off an as Unfit Director of his new Con outfit Manchester Letting Centre Ltd. You have to submit complaints on line and the URL is
    www (dot) insolvency (dot) gov (dot) uk (dot) howtocomplain/complaincib (dot) htm

or just type insolvency service into Google - comes up top of the list.

Happy hunting !
  • lampkin
    Thanks englishbob, I've submitted a complaint!
  • CIB = Companies Investigation Branch.

They will only invesitgate complaints regarding incorporated companies (and even then only rarely). The actions of Rent-a-pad concern Thom Doherty's actions a 'sole trader'; therefore I feel CIB will not intervene in this matter.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure