Broadband. Who's the Cheapest? Article Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Chuffy - im not sure what link you're looking for, but the deal is still £13.99 if you look at it - go to https://www.madasafish.com/cheaper

this offer will be available for the longer term (until it changes its normal package offerings) so if its not working, there's a problem
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • Chuffy
    Chuffy Posts: 1,254 Forumite
    Options
    Martin, when you look at the homepage, you get offered the £10.99, but enter your number and you get:

Madasafish MAX Broadband

With speeds up to 8Mb and 5GB of free usage, this package is ideal for downloading music, general Internet browsing and e-mail, and comes with free connection and a free modem/router.

Also included: UK domain name, 50MB of webspace, webmail, e-mail virus protection and spam filtering.

SPECIAL PROMOTION: £11.99 a month for the first six months and regular price of £17.99 a month thereafter!

Setup: FREE Monthly: £11.99

Note the original URL posted will work, the one posted by Martin above will not work. Correct URL is:

http://www.madasafish.com/cheaper/
  • bettyr
    bettyr Posts: 477 Forumite
    Options
    I find that Martin's link is not working for me but the normal link does give £10.99 for the first 6 months and then £16.99 thereafter.
  • Chuffy
    Chuffy Posts: 1,254 Forumite
    Options
    Have tried it in Firefox and IE and still only get the higher price.
    Could it be regional?
  • callylea
    Options
    Hi you top tipsters out there, this is my first time of asking something so bear with me. I currently have Telewest broadband £25, Telewest phone £11ish line rental & then high call costs, and essential tv package, again £11ish & just about to rise. These costs are almost £50 a month not taking into account call costs! and I'm peeved! To top it all, calls to their helpdesk for broadband queries etc. were free but now are 50p a minute. I really need some advice about who to potentially change to. My family like SKY 1 and UK GOLD channels which aren't available on freeview (which we have in the kid's rooms, so I know I'll get my ear bent if I say freeview only for TV)! Any ideas out there? Thanks
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    Hi callylea and welcome to MSE and the Telephone Boards.

Have a read at this thread about NTL/Telewest and then "make that call" icon7.gif

Be prepared with facts and figures and tell them that you are going to move to BT then go with xyz and they should put you through to the Retention Department and make you an offer. Don't necessarily take the first offer though as they may well come back with something better.

If you don't get a better deal, then of course you can move and go with BT and another bb supplier.

HTH

icon7.gif
  • holdens
    Options
    Can anyone recommend a Provider that works well with an iMac. I have tried Homecall and Tiscali and both agreed to terminate my contract because of the problems I had. I have a BT line that can only support 2GB.
  • rammell
    rammell Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    Hilary,

Unless you go for another provider that also provides a telephone service (e.g. Bulldog), you will need to have a BT line. If you take alook at the ADSL Guide that is referred to on this site, I think you'll find that most of the ISPs that also provide a telephone service are not actually that good or that cheap. You might be better off biting the bullet, getting your BT line back and then finding a cheap ISP and using 1899 (or similar) to get the cost of your phone calls down.
    ELR
  • my_nirvana
    Options
    madasafish may appear to be cheaper, faster, bigger, better, however look at the terms & conditions, lots of 0870 numbers and tech support @ 50p per minute.........false economy,!! NTL may not be the fastest, cheapest YET, however,. lots of free phone numbers, including tech support, and I find their customer service friendly and helpfull,.......and I have been with them 2 years
  • Matchlockman
    Options
    Just read Martins latest "Money Saving Tips" and he ain't quite right. V21 is the cheapest at just £11.98 and if you take up the offer of a £2.00 discount on cheap phone calls that drops to £9.98 - what a deal!

Take a look:

http://www.v21.co.uk/v21/_files/pers_2mb.asp

Matchlockman
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills