We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Anything & Everything New York (PART 2) - [please search thread before posting]

Options

Comments

• Geoggy
    Geoggy Posts: 494 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i did ask this earlier in the thread but didn't get an answer - can anyone tell me where is best place to board subway in manhattan to go to brooklyn so we can walk back over the bridge? which station do we get off at in brooklyn?

thanks
  • becky_rtw
    becky_rtw Posts: 8,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MTA interactive map here
  • M4RKM
    M4RKM Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Geoggy wrote: »
    i did ask this earlier in the thread but didn't get an answer - can anyone tell me where is best place to board subway in manhattan to go to brooklyn so we can walk back over the bridge? which station do we get off at in brooklyn?

thanks

Take a trip over to trip advisor to read their guide on how to get to the Brooklyn Bridge etc
  • costingbunny_2
    Options
    If anyone has cash to splash you can book an upper class flight to NYC on Virgin from around £1,090 apparently if you book today. With the current climate there are inidcations that upper/prem flights will be on offer again - pricey but I just looked at upper class on Virgin and was drooling at the on board bar:beer:, clubhouse and limo transfers!!! expensive but an experience - might buy a lottery ticket:rolleyes:!
  • becky_rtw
    becky_rtw Posts: 8,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 30 June 2009 at 11:33AM
    Options
    If anyone has cash to splash you can book an upper class flight to NYC on Virgin from around £1,090 apparently if you book today. With the current climate there are inidcations that upper/prem flights will be on offer again - pricey but I just looked at upper class on Virgin and was drooling at the on board bar:beer:, clubhouse and limo transfers!!! expensive but an experience - might buy a lottery ticket:rolleyes:!

Awwwwww you could not have told us :p:p:cry:cry::cry: I want to go now!!!

OMG just found some in November *sigh* and I'd get 10,000 air miles - waaaaaaaa!
  • phatbear
    phatbear Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    phatbear wrote: »
    Have a look at this and it should help.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k866178-The_Idiot_s_Guide_to_Brooklyn_Brooklyn_Directions_Collected-New_York_City_New_York.html

so from times square you can get the 2 or 3 to clark street or R to court street

And if you had looked at the post directly under yours you would have noticed I had answered your question about getting to brooklyn bridge
    Live each day like its your last because one day you'll be right
  • Geoggy
    Geoggy Posts: 494 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    And if you had looked at the post directly under yours you would have noticed I had answered your question about getting to brooklyn bridge

doh! sorry, and thanks
  • M4RKM
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

So you previously posted exactly the same thing that i just posted.. hmm... we're both very clever!

M
  • phatbear
    phatbear Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 June 2009 at 1:57PM
    Options
    Nah im more clevererer cos you just copied me, and i am smarter than your average bear
    Live each day like its your last because one day you'll be right
  • M4RKM
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    no.. i'm just as clever cos i forgot that you'd responded to it, and thought of it all on my own accord, while sitting in my car surfing the t'internet on a mobile broadband stick!

nuffsaid....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family