Anything & Everything New York (PART 2) - [please search thread before posting]

Options

Comments

• M4RKM
    M4RKM Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi, Ive had a quick browse over this thread [and will continue reading indepth] but wondered if anyone had hotel tips for 7 nights in nyc, quite central location with a bit of comfort?:confused:

ps. ive been before and noticed that sheraton and marriott are v gd locations, but obviously theyd be pricey options:confused:

TIA

How do i phrase this...

anywhere, in the borough of Manhattan is in a central location, on the basis of the amazing subway system that there is.

You haven't told us dates, and budget, which would help us pinpoint a good hotel for you to stay in.

what do you prefer too? village feel and area with plenty to do, or would you rather be near flashing lights, and tourist trap restaurants... ;)

M
  • M4RKM
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    becky_rtw wrote: »
    Yep I was the only one on the whole plan to get just thumb in April because I had been in Jan - she said it didnt happen often, but once they have your fingerprints theres not much point getting them again if the iris matches I guess :D

Aah... excellent, thank you very much for this... well my passport ain't changed, I haven't had any new eyes since March, so when i hit the city in September, i'm wondering if i can beat my all time record for getting out of the airport....

March, I did immigration, picked up my bag, handed my form in to customs, in only 22 minutes. I might be able to knock it down to 20, without having to do all my fingerprints!!! :)

M
  • stumpycat
    stumpycat Posts: 597 Forumite
    Options
    Umm, the fingerprints - afraid it's nothing exciting! I've been acrylic sealant-ing the inside of my new chicken house; you squirt on the sealant and then drag your finger along it to smooth it out... so I now have nice, shiny fingertips on the thumb & first 2 fingers of my right hand!
    I'm so glad that it dawned on me that I was going to need my fingerprints soon, otherwise I would just have kept doing it. At least now I've got a week and a half for them to heal. Or if you hear of some mad chicken house woman being chucked out of JFK... :rotfl:
  • M4RKM
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    stumpycat wrote: »
    Umm, the fingerprints - afraid it's nothing exciting! I've been acrylic sealant-ing the inside of my new chicken house; you squirt on the sealant and then drag your finger along it to smooth it out... so I now have nice, shiny fingertips on the thumb & first 2 fingers of my right hand!
    I'm so glad that it dawned on me that I was going to need my fingerprints soon, otherwise I would just have kept doing it. At least now I've got a week and a half for them to heal. Or if you hear of some mad chicken house woman being chucked out of JFK... :rotfl:

Aaah yes... the best way to smooth sealant is with a finger... Sod paying money for the stupid tool they B&Q try to sell.... a finger does wonders..

:)
  • saver03
    saver03 Posts: 651 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    markymoo wrote: »
    there is only one place to book them, so that obviously is the best place.. http://www.statuecruises.com/ferry-service/welcome.aspx

I have just been on that site and crown access is sold out until mid September and I go at the end of August :cry::cry::cry:
    LBM 14/12/06 £21,947.17 DEBT FREE 12/04/09
    MFW - December 2010 £76,199 - 4th February 2021 £37,360.90
  • pope_acute
    pope_acute Posts: 19 Forumite
    edited 6 July 2009 at 5:16PM
    Options
    £1400 for flights and 4 nights in westin hotel new york, Belfast to New York...

27th august till 31st 2009 , is this good value?

Booking for a 30th Birthday dont want to be ripped off....just looking for advice

2 people
  • image3
    image3 Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    We are staying at the Crowne Plaza Newark for a few days and wondered what was the cheapest way to travel into Manhattan. The hotel offers a free shuttle bus to and from the airport so that helps. Any help would be appreciated
  • greenface
    greenface Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    pope_acute wrote: »
    £1400 for flights and 4 nights in westin hotel new york, Belfast to New York...

27th august till 31st 2009 , is this good value?

Booking for a 30th Birthday dont want to be ripped off....just looking for advice

how many people 1= rip off 2= just above average could do slightly better 3=good value 4= one of you are driving the plane
    :cool: hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world :cool:
  • greenface
    greenface Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Aaah yes... the best way to smooth sealant is with a finger... Sod paying money for the stupid tool they B&Q try to sell.... a finger does wonders..

:)

window fitter for 20 years so what parts of my fingers arent scared are missing their prints
    :cool: hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world :cool:
  • Kim_Possible
    Kim_Possible Posts: 848 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How do i phrase this...

anywhere, in the borough of Manhattan is in a central location, on the basis of the amazing subway system that there is.

You haven't told us dates, and budget, which would help us pinpoint a good hotel for you to stay in.

what do you prefer too? village feel and area with plenty to do, or would you rather be near flashing lights, and tourist trap restaurants... ;)

M
    Sorry for being vague:rolleyes:

Date: anytime from sat 28 August for next 14 days
    Duration: 7 days max in nyc
    Departure airports: Belfast or Dublin or london [but a connecting flights would be required]
    Hotel location: Comfortable within walking distance of the tourist attactions [cliche i know:rolleyes:]
    Budget : Absolute Max 1000 per person [please bear in mind any flights ive search are around 500 pounds, given the added premium/expense of dublin or belfast deptures] but cheaper would be better, obviously!!

Given my location i am very intersted in the poster above flights from belfast and hotel deal. Any further information OP?

One more thing, ive come across flights for 350 pounds with delta from dublin dept 31 aug. Whats delta like to fly with:confused:

TIA.... [i hope ive given enough info this time:o]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport