Cheap Parcel Delivery Thread Mk4

Options

Comments

• creditcrunchy
    Options
    So I as a consumer who has gone from knowing nothing about the industry 9 months ago is in a better position to vet and make a judgement on a business than a company which has vast experience, daily dealings and contact with this very business. Fathom that one. Also I thought part of being a genuine and reputable business was that you don't jump into bed with anyone? Not forgetting the fact 'they' were party to exactly the same info as I, be because of course they read hear everyday!

How on earth to you know that?

I'm sure the many 'leech' resellers will be delighted they're thought of in such high regard. Continuing theme of trying to discredit/tarnish everyone bar the big few.

If Shippingmanager had read this thread they would have just seen you recommending & defending Direct Parcel Distribution. Shippingmanager provide a software solution, why would they have daily dealings or contact with Direct Parcel Distribution other than initially supporting the software setup. You on the other hand seem to have good communication with them even when no one else was getting a reply. This tells me you must have his phone number & therefore could help more? How come you were the only one to know they were getting taken over & were the first to get a refund? When are you going to stop criticising others & start taking responsibility for the reckless recommendation. You still haven’t apologised to the victims who took your advice & lost money! The worst thing is you haven’t learnt from this & continue to recommend companies that don’t have much history or positive feedback.

As I’ve said before if you look at the Shippingmanager booking system it’s easy to see what other companies are using their system. I never contemplated using Direct Parcel Distribution but I was intrigued how a company like this was given so much exposure.

A leech company uses a larger companies booking system & courier contracts to make parcel bookings. The leech company will therefore have to charge more to make a profit so the consumer looses out. If you have to make a claim, rebooking or cancellation via a leech company it will have to be passed between several companies before it’s sorted which may cause problems & delays.

Examples of leech companies:

Express packages £9.49 DHL 1-2 day
    Parcelmachine £9.19 DHL 1-2 day
    ParcelBroker £9.19 DHL 1-2 day

[FONT=&quot]The above have been recommended by ArmitageShanks on the first page. What is the point in recommending these companies when they charge more? If you went direct to Payperparcel, Parcel2go, P4d or Shippingmanager the price would be over a £1 less & you’re almost guaranteed a better service. Explain the sense of this. I’m glad you’ve got rid of the images on the recommendation post however isn’t it about time you improved the recommendations & learnt from your own mistakes.[/FONT]
  • matt286bay
    Options
    zhanglipku wrote: »
    Yesterday I have booked with the "Interparcel Economy" , which is delivered througn UPS, and it has been successfully collected today. I am feeling more and more confident of Interparcel. Good job.

i have used interparcel a few times for the dhl service and very good service, but they emailed and said ups dont do my area, shame really as would have gievn them a try, bt strange really as i have seen there trucks flying about making deliveries so not sure why they cant collect, so still with dhl and using payperparcel who have collected there first lot this morning, so see how it goesa, so far so good
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    FreightSearch are currently offering the best value with DHL48hr £6.89+vat

Parcel 2 go is currently the cheapest at £6.79+vat

Please can you let me know why P2G is still not listed , they have been around for a while and are a large company and can be trusted ?

Just wondering like.
  • creditcrunchy
    Options
    parcel2go = £7.81 for DHL 1-3 day with £50 insurance, printer required
    100cm max length, 25kg max weight, 0.14 cubic meters max volume
    price for same day collection is £8.04, above price if you book 1 day in advance.

payperparcel = £7.99 for DHL 1-3 day with £100 insurance, printer required
    120cm max length, 30kg max weight, 0.17 cubic meters max volume

p4d = £8.04 for DHL 1-2 day with £50 insurance,
    120cm max length, 30kg max weight, 0.18 cubic meters max volume

shippingmanager = £8.04 for DHL 1-2 day with £50 insurance,
    120cm max length, 30kg max weight, 0.18 cubic meters max volume

interparcel = £8.04 for UPS 1-2 day with £50 insurance,
    250cm max length, 30kg max weight, 0.14 cubic meters max volume, printer required

parcelcheap = £9.50 for DPD next day with £100 insurance,
    200cm max length, 30kg max weight, 0.5 cubic meters max volume

www.parcel2go.com have the cheapest standard rate with a DHL 1-3 day service if you book 1 day in advance. The cheapest for same day collection is payperparcel. You have to print labels to use the parcel2go & payperparcel service. Shippingmanager offer a 2.5% discount if you pay by bank transfer so that would make the price £7.84. Parcelcheap use next day DPD & except parcels up to 200cm in length & a max volume of 0.5 cubic meters. Payperparcel except parcels with a length greater than 120cm but the price increases to £15.97.

parcel volume = length (cm) x height (cm) x width (cm) / 1000000

These are the best deals for UK delivery. The price difference between them is minimal. So the company you choose depends on your individual requirements. Weight, size, volume, insurance, printer are all factors that make a difference to the company you choose. From the above list it's easy to work out what's best for you.

After this it's down to individual taste & what's important to you. Ease & speed of the booking system? quality & speed of customer support? quality & speed of parcel tracking? As these factors may differ for each individual it's difficult to recommend anyone specific as the best company to use. Try them out & make your own decision. Maybe we can implement some kind of voting system based on the factors I have mentioned so we can work out what company on average is the best.

If everyone works together then this forum will be much more useful than relying on one guy's judgement.
  • coolcarma
    Options
    jyonda wrote: »
    Anyone heard of Unitedcouriers? They're bidding for a delivery of mine on Shiply and seem bona fide but I'd appreciate any first hand experiences.
    My other options are DHL via Interparcel who I've used before or DPD with Parcelmachine which I've not.

Hi there

I've used them via Shiply recently and they were friendly, polite and efficient!

I asked them for a quote for 20 assorted boxes from Reading to Belfast and they came back with a quote of £200 for a 3 day service, door to door.

On the day of the pickup another freight company in their relay circle came and collected the parcels; they were placed on 2 pallets and shrink wrapped and duly delivered 3 days later. The chaps even helped to move the boxes into the house when they delivered it as they realised my elderly in laws wouldn't be able to get the parcels out of the rain by themselves.

They may not be the cheapest but certainly come with a very good reputation.:T

Cx

ps I now need to send just a couple more parcels to Belfast - does anyone else know of a service cheaper than the DHL NI by sea which has been quoted as £14.99 plus vat?
  • ludwip
    ludwip Posts: 153 Forumite
    Options
    These are the best deals for UK delivery. The price difference between them is minimal. So the company you choose depends on your individual requirements. Weight, size, volume, insurance, printer are all factors that make a difference to the company you choose. From the above list it's easy to work out what's best for you.

After this it's down to individual taste & what's important to you. Ease & speed of the booking system? quality & speed of customer support? quality & speed of parcel tracking? As these factors may differ for each individual it's difficult to recommend anyone specific as the best company to use. Try them out & make your own decision. Maybe we can implement some kind of voting system based on the factors I have mentioned so we can work out what company on average is the best.

If everyone works together then this forum will be much more useful than relying on one guy's judgement.

I think it's much more important to remember that this forum is for consumers and NOT for guys like you who keep trying to advertise their business here.

If you are unhappy with this thread you should open your own and name it "For Shippingmanager's employees only!"

By the way how did you know that Direct Parcel Distribution were using Shippingmanager's software? Please explain.

Please remember that everyone who is trying to Spam this thread is ending in avoid list eventually! So don't go to far as it might be very painful!
  • ludwip
    Options
    matt286bay wrote: »
    i have used interparcel a few times for the dhl service and very good service, but they emailed and said ups dont do my area, shame really as would have gievn them a try, bt strange really as i have seen there trucks flying about making deliveries so not sure why they cant collect, so still with dhl and using payperparcel who have collected there first lot this morning, so see how it goesa, so far so good

I have sent few parcels today with their Economy service. Will see how it goes.
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    Its a fair point that creditcruncy is making tho, even if you think hes spamming or whatever and you put that aside , why cant there be other couriers on the list , and why should the decition be made by one person who is on that list ?

PS i think i first mentioned shippingmanager as i had seen it on another forum.
  • ArmitageShanks
    Options
    I've explained numerous times why p2go don't feature, see this post for why everyone features/don't .

In the last few weeks it's become ever more apparent that if they could get away with it they would be charging in excess of £8. They change their prices every few days, most of the time having been forced to react to someone’s price cut. They were quite happy to set themselves up to make a tone of money by charging £7.99 and if it hadn't of been of interparcel sticking to £6.99 that's where they'd still be. Yes they are currently £6.79, but you have to book a day in advance which affectively makes it a 4 day service, just the other day booking in advance saved 50p, now it's just 20p. To me not only do they have no history (bar special offers) of offering value, but also that they don't seem to know what they're doing with pricing.

Just to reiterate who appears on that list is not just a simple who's the cheapest, but it's also a platform for those who offer something different in other areas too. Take parcelmahcine for example, because they offer great DPD rates to Europe that merits the inclusion on the U.K section. Take freightsearch who remained at £6.89 whilst everyone put their prices, why should someone like p4d suddenly deserve to get a mention when they were only to keen to put their rates up.

The simple fact is the first page is set up to reward value and not market share.
  • ludwip
    Options
    deanos wrote: »
    Its a fair point that creditcruncy is making tho, even if you think hes spamming or whatever and you put that aside , why cant there be other couriers on the list , and why should the decition be made by one person who is on that list ?

PS i think i first mentioned shippingmanager as i had seen it on another forum.

Why are you keep defending guy who is definitely working for Shippingmanager?

Armitage is trying to avoid big players otherwise this thread would be full of people like creditcrunchy.
    parcel2go, interparcel, p4d and others would definitely try to advertise their own business here and criticising others.
    Can you imagine what mess this would cause?
    Would you be able to find out which one is better than others?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure