Cheap Parcel Delivery Thread Mk4

Options

Comments

• RED*RED*WINE_2
    Options
    No, no bill through the post armitage, just a telephone message to contact fedex and yes all 3 parcels were delivered. As this was the only time I've used fedex, it has to be associated with direct parcel distribution......
    I was going to ring fedex on Monday but I think I'll just wait until they contact me again.
    The annoying thing is..... it's more than the alloted time to do a chargeback via paypal!
    Direct parcel distribution seem to have gone down the same route as ppw, shafi et al.
    It makes you wonder who you CAN trust!
    I hope I never get so old I get religious...... Ingmar Bergman
  • RED*RED*WINE_2
    Options
    So, if direct parcel distribution have indeed been 'taken over' by someone else. Does anyone have any idea by whom? Or was this just a smokescreen by them to avert disgruntled customers from filing claims with paypal?
  • ArmitageShanks
    Options
    At the moment it appears not to be a smokescreen and that they have taken over, but seeing to much of this they'll surely just fold the company? As far as I know the FedEx bills are only for December.
  • RED*RED*WINE_2
    Options
    so who has taken them over?
  • Kayster
    Kayster Posts: 390 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No, no bill through the post armitage, just a telephone message to contact fedex and yes all 3 parcels were delivered. As this was the only time I've used fedex, it has to be associated with direct parcel distribution......
    I was going to ring fedex on Monday but I think I'll just wait until they contact me again.
    The annoying thing is..... it's more than the alloted time to do a chargeback via paypal!
    Direct parcel distribution seem to have gone down the same route as ppw, shafi et al.
    It makes you wonder who you CAN trust!

Oh Dear this is sounding bad.- I had a phone call from Fedex just before Xmas that started to ask about a parcel i had sent to Japan in November of this year. I was on a cellphone on the move and reception wasnt great and before she said what it was all about i lost the signal. I'd forgotten about it until i read this. I sent a lot of parcels using DPD in Nov and Dec. I wouldnt think taking DPD to court will you get us anywhere as there will be no money.
    I thought i read somewhere that DPD were using someone elses fedex account - i have that account number but won't post it here and everyone else will know it anyway who has used them.
  • RED*RED*WINE_2
    Options
    Kayster wrote: »
    Oh Dear this is sounding bad.- I had a phone call from Fedex just before Xmas that started to ask about a parcel i had sent to Japan in November of this year. I was on a cellphone on the move and reception wasnt great and before she said what it was all about i lost the signal. I'd forgotten about it until i read this. I sent a lot of parcels using DPD in Nov and Dec. I wouldnt think taking DPD to court will you get us anywhere as there will be no money.
    I thought i read somewhere that DPD were using someone elses fedex account - i have that account number but won't post it here and everyone else will know it anyway who has used them.

If they have been using someone elses account then that is tantramount to fraud so regardless of whether they have gone bust or not, they will be guilty of fraud. All concerned should stick together to form a group if indeed we are held liable for monies owed by direct parcel distribution to fedex
  • matt286bay
    Options
    Might suggest there is a quota system. Because this is probably going to mean a notable increase in UPSs parcel volume, they might be stepping it up in stages to check it can cope etc. Just a theory. Have you tried a different day?

it tells you this statement before you have chance to pick a date, booked in with payperparcel now on the dhl (reduced prices) first time of using payperparcel so hope they ok
  • wolvesinwales
    Options
    I think the phone number for Nantgarw is 08704444821. You will have to contact Interparcel & ask them to rebook it. Don't tell them DHL left a calling card otherwise you may have to pay again.

A lesson to be learnt is don't listen to DHL national customer service as they don't have any idea what's going on. DHL don't give out depot phone numbers because they don't want the general public speaking to untrained staff. Ignore this & ALWAYS contact the local depot. I think the phone numbers are listed on this forum somewhere.

I was in cardiff for the weekend so called in at Nantgarw on my way on friday and explained what had happened and despite them explaining that newport dealt with export when i showed my failed collection card left by a nantgarw driver they took by parcel.
    WHOOOOSHHHHHHHHH……..
    Blimey what was that ?
    That was your life mate
    Oh I wasn’t quite ready can I have another go ?
    Sorry mate only one per person.
  • chaotic_j
    chaotic_j Posts: 453 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Anyone else getting spam emails from a company called "Smart Parcels" ?

I've never had any dealings whatsoever with this company, they've sent me two emails today advertising their supposedly low rates etc and there's no unsubscribe link in the email !

Would I be correct in thinking my email address has been illegally passed onto another company by Wajahat Shafi / Shafi Shalar / Wshafi / Home-Textiles / ParcelTree / whatever else he wants to call himself this week ?
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    Any good ?

http://www.shippingmanager.co.uk

1-2 day UK delivery (DHL) £6.99
    Next working day (DHL) £10.19
    Next day UK by 10am £19.99
    Western Europe - 2 days £19.03
    USA within 48 hours £43.83
    Australia in 2 working days £55.90