We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Cheap Parcel Delivery Thread Mk4

Options

Comments

• deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    Im not defending anyone, but curious to why some people dont seem to feature and some do.

Its a money saving site isnt it, currently PTG are the cheapest and you get £5 cashback and 5% discount if you put a link on a ebay auction , most people will only use a courier a couple of times a year, if they get expensive then take them off the list, while they are cheapest they should be there IMO
  • Pica_pica
    Options
    If Shippingmanager had read this thread they would have just seen you recommending & defending Direct Parcel Distribution. Shippingmanager provide a software solution, why would they have daily dealings or contact with Direct Parcel Distribution other than initially supporting the software setup. You on the other hand seem to have good communication with them even when no one else was getting a reply. This tells me you must have his phone number & therefore could help more? How come you were the only one to know they were getting taken over & were the first to get a refund? When are you going to stop criticising others & start taking responsibility for the reckless recommendation. You still haven’t apologised to the victims who took your advice & lost money! The worst thing is you haven’t learnt from this & continue to recommend companies that don’t have much history or positive feedback.

As I’ve said before if you look at the Shippingmanager booking system it’s easy to see what other companies are using their system. I never contemplated using Direct Parcel Distribution but I was intrigued how a company like this was given so much exposure.

A leech company uses a larger companies booking system & courier contracts to make parcel bookings. The leech company will therefore have to charge more to make a profit so the consumer looses out. If you have to make a claim, rebooking or cancellation via a leech company it will have to be passed between several companies before it’s sorted which may cause problems & delays.

Examples of leech companies:

Express packages £9.49 DHL 1-2 day
    Parcelmachine £9.19 DHL 1-2 day
    ParcelBroker £9.19 DHL 1-2 day

[FONT=&quot]The above have been recommended by ArmitageShanks on the first page. What is the point in recommending these companies when they charge more? If you went direct to Payperparcel, Parcel2go, P4d or Shippingmanager the price would be over a £1 less & you’re almost guaranteed a better service. Explain the sense of this. I’m glad you’ve got rid of the images on the recommendation post however isn’t it about time you improved the recommendations & learnt from your own mistakes.[/FONT]

I use Parcelbroker and asked them about the scenario where you call them a "leech" company. I was told that they do indeed use P4D booking software but have their own accounts with the couriers. This makes sense as their rates have stayed the same since January. So you've just tarnished the reputation of another company!

You've made it clear you are a reseller, why don't you go ahead and let us all know which company you own rather than mix your firms up with a load of other companies to get backlinks?

I'll have a guess at parcel cheap as it's the only one that doesn't fit in the list...too expensive!

P.S this is a discussion thread...if you want to see the big companies on the first page then LOOK at the first page, i.e http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/cheap-parcel-delivery

Here you'll see the big companies listed under best buys:

Parcels delivered in 48hr for £7.92 via DHL.

For 48hr delivery, Freight Search is cheapest at £7.92 (inc. VAT at 15%) for a DHL service. If you have issues with it, Interparcel offers a UPS service for £8.11 with better feedback. Next cheapest is Parcel2Go, which offers the DHL service for £8.61 inc. VAT.

What exactly are you up to? lol
  • creditcrunchy
    Options
    ludwip wrote: »
    I think it's much more important to remember that this forum is for consumers and NOT for guys like you who keep trying to advertise their business here.

If you are unhappy with this thread you should open your own and name it "For Shippingmanager's employees only!"

Is this forum for the consumer or is it just a place for ArmitageShanks to feel powerful! If it was for the consumer then the recommendation post wouldn’t be full of leech companies who offer nothing different.
    By the way how did you know that Direct Parcel Distribution were using Shippingmanager's software? Please explain.

Read my other posts, I'm not going to explain again.
    Please remember that everyone who is trying to Spam this thread is ending in avoid list eventually! So don't go to far as it might be very painful!

It’s ridiculous to add Shippingmanager to the avoid list just because I have recommended them & explained my problems with Freightsearch insurance. To suggest I have made this up is offensive & very naïve. It seems that if you don’t agree with ArmitageShanks then he takes offence & adds a company to the avoid list. Please remember I haven’t just recommended one company. I’m recommending several companies that are offering the best deals in the UK. At the same time I’m making others aware that they may not be getting the best value using some of the companies on the recommendation post. If I was a courier agent working for one company would I really be promoting other companies that may be offering cheaper prices & a better service. It doesn’t make sense. All I’m trying to do is promote companies that are offering the best deals so the consumer benefits.
    I have sent few parcels today with their Economy service. Will see how it goes.

At last something that may be helpful. I take it from this post you’ve used Payperparcel. Why don’t you tell us how you found the booking process compared to other companies you have used & why you decided to use them?
  • creditcrunchy
    Options
    I've explained numerous times why p2go don't feature, see this post for why everyone features/don't .

In the last few weeks it's become ever more apparent that if they could get away with it they would be charging in excess of £8. They change their prices every few days, most of the time having been forced to react to someone’s price cut. They were quite happy to set themselves up to make a tone of money by charging £7.99 and if it hadn't of been of interparcel sticking to £6.99 that's where they'd still be. Yes they are currently £6.79, but you have to book a day in advance which affectively makes it a 4 day service, just the other day booking in advance saved 50p, now it's just 20p. To me not only do they have no history (bar special offers) of offering value, but also that they don't seem to know what they're doing with pricing.

I think you’ll find the reason Parcel2go reduced their prices was because DHL suddenly reduced prices to all the main resellers to try & stimulate a flagging market. Parcel2go reacted the same as all the main resellers by reducing prices. Before this Interparcel used a marketing ploy to get new customers by charging £6.99 for DHL when every one else was forced to charge more to make profit. Interparcel must have been selling close to a loss to maintain that price. It was clever marketing but you can’t criticise Parcel2go for not doing the same. It’s only recently that DHL have created a level playing field for all the main resellers so it’s only now we can really see who offers value. Before this the market was full of illegitimate resellers who were selling well below what was allowed. Even if you don’t book in advance with Parcel2go the price is still only £8.04 & that should be promoted. Parcel2go would not be the most successful reseller if they didn’t understand pricing.
    Just to reiterate who appears on that list is not just a simple who's the cheapest, but it's also a platform for those who offer something different in other areas too. Take parcelmahcine for example, because they offer great DPD rates to Europe that merits the inclusion on the U.K section. Take freightsearch who remained at £6.89 whilst everyone put their prices, why should someone like p4d suddenly deserve to get a mention when they were only to keen to put their rates up.

The simple fact is the first page is set up to reward value and not market share.

Express packages, Parcelmachine & Parcel broker offer nothing different for the UK market. Parcelmachine may offer cheap European prices but why would that merit inclusion in the UK section when they charge £1 more that other companies. It doesn’t make sense when there are other companies charging less with more history & a better service. Your reasoning for not including the larger companies is nonsense. The recommendation post should reflect value but at the moment just reflects your own opinion.
  • creditcrunchy
    Options
    Why are you keep defending guy who is definitely working for Shippingmanager?

Armitage is trying to avoid big players otherwise this thread would be full of people like creditcrunchy.
    parcel2go, interparcel, p4d and others would definitely try to advertise their own business here and criticising others.
    Can you imagine what mess this would cause?
    Would you be able to find out which one is better than others?
    [FONT=&quot]
    Do you really think this is true? At the moment can anyone be sure what company offers the best service & price based on the recommendations given by ArmitageShanks. That’s why I suggested some kind of voting system. If the recommendation posts reflects the best market value then it would not be possible for someone to argue against it.[/FONT]
  • creditcrunchy
    Options
    Pica_pica wrote: »
    I use Parcelbroker and asked them about the scenario where you call them a "leech" company. I was told that they do indeed use P4D booking software but have their own accounts with the couriers. This makes sense as their rates have stayed the same since January. So you've just tarnished the reputation of another company!

You've made it clear you are a reseller, why don't you go ahead and let us all know which company you own rather than mix your firms up with a load of other companies to get backlinks?
    [FONT=&quot]
    Is it only coincidence that Parcelbroker offer the same services as Shippingmanager & charge slightly more for almost every service. If you want to carry on paying over £1 more for DHL 1-2 day that’s your choice. I’m just saying there are better deals available & it’s more than likely you will get a better service when things go wrong.[/FONT]
    I'll have a guess at parcel cheap as it's the only one that doesn't fit in the list...too expensive!

[FONT=&quot]Parcelcheap offer next day DPD for £9.50 & allow dimension & volume that are much greater than anyone else. They offer the cheapest guaranteed next day delivery & that’s why they are included on the list. Unlike the majority of the companies on the recommendation post they do actually offer something different.[/FONT]
    P.S this is a discussion thread...if you want to see the big companies on the first page then LOOK at the first page, i.e http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/cheap-parcel-delivery

Here you'll see the big companies listed under best buys:

Parcels delivered in 48hr for £7.92 via DHL.

For 48hr delivery, Freight Search is cheapest at £7.92 (inc. VAT at 15%) for a DHL service. If you have issues with it, Interparcel offers a UPS service for £8.11 with better feedback. Next cheapest is Parcel2Go, which offers the DHL service for £8.61 inc. VAT.

What exactly are you up to? lol

[FONT=&quot]Why do you think the larger companies have suddenly been promoted in the article? Before this Freightsearch were promoted as the company to use for both next day & 2 day delivery. It’s only since I have created a list & made it clear what companies are offering the best value that the article has been updated to reflect true value. It’s just a shame ArmtiageShanks won’t swallow his pride & do the same thing[/FONT]
  • Pica_pica
    Options
    Sorry Credit crunchy....we all missed your response, which reseller company do you own?

Skirted around like a true politician.
  • creditcrunchy
    Options
    Sorry Credit crunchy....we all missed your response, which reseller company do you own?

Skirted around like a true politician.

parcel2go = £7.81 for DHL 1-3 day with £50 insurance, printer required
    100cm max length, 25kg max weight, 0.14 cubic meters max volume
    price for same day collection is £8.04, above price if you book 1 day in advance.

payperparcel = £7.99 for DHL 1-3 day with £100 insurance, printer required
    120cm max length, 30kg max weight, 0.17 cubic meters max volume

p4d = £8.04 for DHL 1-2 day with £50 insurance,
    120cm max length, 30kg max weight, 0.18 cubic meters max volume

shippingmanager = £8.04 for DHL 1-2 day with £50 insurance,
    120cm max length, 30kg max weight, 0.18 cubic meters max volume

interparcel = £8.04 for UPS 1-2 day with £50 insurance,
    250cm max length, 30kg max weight, 0.14 cubic meters max volume, printer required

parcelcheap = £9.50 for DPD next day with £100 insurance,
    200cm max length, 30kg max weight, 0.5 cubic meters max volume

I'm working for the consumer because no one else on this thread seems to be interested in helping the consumer save money. Are you going to carry on using Parcelbroker even though they are charging over £1 more for DHL delivery than the companies I have listed.

It was very interesting to read some of your previous posts Pica pica. You definitely have been a fan of Parcelbroker for a while. In fact you've mentioned Parcelbroker in seven separate posts. If I was a cynic then I would probably call it spam & surely it would mean Parcelbroker deserved to be in the avoid section. With all the experience you gained from working for DPD in the past i'm sure it would have been tempting to setup your own parcel booking website & maybe call it something like Parcelbroker. As Parcelbroker are not competitive they have nothing to offer the consumer. It really does make a joke of this thread.
  • Pica_pica
    Options
    Oh, you truly are a politician in the making! Swinging it round and now accusing me of spamming! Also hate to point out the fact you still haven't answered the original question.

It's obvious your company is on the list as you keep posting it up there!

This is a thread for consumers not business owners as you have been told by quite a few peeps!

"Are you going to carry on using Parcelbroker even though they are charging over £1 more for DHL delivery than the companies I have listed."

Answer, yes! I can get bulk orders of amps delivered on pallets, heavy boxes sent to Europe. I can call them and they call me, i like to speak with a person. I get nervous using any company who don't have a contact number! Their DHL rates went up in Jan so currently I'm not even using them for UK stuff and am using freightsearch. So as far as I can tell they do offer something different?

Anyways, i've made my point, you carry on Mr Crunchy i understand your list of carriers but don't go pointing fingers and blasting everyone else when you don't know the whole picture. My experience in the industry taught me that no two companies parcel requirements are the same!
  • creditcrunchy
    Options
    So Parcelbroker might be competitive for pallets & heavy boxes sent to Europe. Have you compared their rates with other companies for pallets & heavy boxes? If so maybe you can give us some examples of potential savings. I only ask because it’s information like this that will help the consumer. I haven't seen much information or recommendations for this side of the market so all info is useful.
    i understand your list of carriers but don't go pointing fingers and blasting everyone else when you don't know the whole picture.

Exactly my point especially when i'm trying to help the consumer get the best deal.[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family