We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Cheap Parcel Delivery Thread Mk4

Options

Comments

• ArmitageShanks
    Options
    Why don't we start a voting system that allows the consumer to decide what is best rather than relying on your often misguided judgment.
    Because it would be hijacked by the likes of you, and by it's very nature would lead to a whirlwind of spam.
  • ludwip
    ludwip Posts: 153 Forumite
    Options
    My mistake, maybe you can tell us how you found the service.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=17430715&postcount=19

:rolleyes:
  • creditcrunchy
    Options
    by it's very nature would lead to a whirlwind of spam.

As i've already shown today that's happening anyway, all is not what it seems. If done correctly a voting system could be a very powerful & useful tool. You could easily add spam protection. You must realise that your recommendation post is failing otherwise there wouldn't be so many pointless questions.
  • creditcrunchy
    Options
    ludwip wrote: »

You really are a puppet on the end of ArmitageShanks arm. It would be useful to know how you found the service. For example was printing out the labels a hassle?
  • ludwip
    Options
    As i've already shown today that's happening anyway, all is not what it seems. If done correctly a voting system could be a very powerful & useful tool. You could easily add spam protection. You must realise that your recommendation post is failing otherwise there wouldn't be so many pointless questions.

What pointless questions are you talking about?
  • ArmitageShanks
    Options
    Pointless questions no, failing no, rid of spam yes. That's how it's been for 5 months and that's how it's going to stay.

...and it just so happens that your idea would benefit who most?
    Ah of course, the biggest re-sellers.
  • zhanglipku
    Options
    ludwip wrote: »
    I have sent few parcels today with their Economy service. Will see how it goes.

Hope you will find it satisfactory --at least I did, and was surprised to see UPS provides eletronic signature.:j
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    ...and it just so happens that your idea would benefit who most?
    Ah of course, the biggest re-sellers.

But why does that matter, this is a money saving site, surely the cheapest providors warrant being on the list does it matter if they are the biggest , or am i missing something here :confused:
  • ludwip
    Options
    You really are a puppet on the end of ArmitageShanks arm. It would be useful to know how you found the service. For example was printing out the labels a hassle?

You seem to be really mad as Shippingmanager is on the avoid list now :)

And yes, I can say Armitage's posts are very helpful and useful and I'm keen to help him keep this thread as it was before guys like you came and started to post spam.
    For example was printing out the labels a hassle?
    I actually found it very useful as I don't waste my time on waiting for the driver to label my parcels. I was loosing quite a lot time on TNT as their system is not automated the same way as UPS.
  • ArmitageShanks
    Options
    deanos wrote: »
    But why does that matter, this is a money saving site, surely the cheapest providors warrant being on the list does it matter if they are the biggest , or am i missing something here :confused:
    Essentially one of the biggest re-sellers are not happy that they don't have exposure they want and dream of utilising their huge brand awareness to simply smother everyone else. Just another form of market control that only the biggest can wield.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport