🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

get paid £1.40 for every 150 word review you write! Amazing new site

Options

Comments

• miss_nadine_x
    Options
    I started reviewing last night, made about $7 and now the site is telling me I cannot do anymore reviews until 16th of next month, does anyone know why this is :( ?
  • Aurelia_2
    Aurelia_2 Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    I started reviewing last night, made about $7 and now the site is telling me I cannot do anymore reviews until 16th of next month, does anyone know why this is :( ?
    Read the blog posts on the site, the rules for posting have been changed lately and you can't write more than 10 reviews until you have been reviewed by their editorial staff. I signed up at the start of January and haven't been reviewed yet - it's taking a while for them to get to everyone as there are so many members on the site. Just sit tight and it'll happen soon hopefully.
    £2 Savers Club no.91 = ?? (unknown until full and counted)
    Review writing = £3.60 + $25.00
    Myhpf = £4.45
    STP = £1.82 v10.04
  • miss_nadine_x
    Options
    Ah right I see! I really enjoy doing the reviews hope they review me soon
  • Aurelia_2
    Aurelia_2 Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    Yes same here :)
    £2 Savers Club no.91 = ?? (unknown until full and counted)
    Review writing = £3.60 + $25.00
    Myhpf = £4.45
    STP = £1.82 v10.04
  • snugglepants
    Options
    Couttsey wrote: »
    My friend, who stays quite a bit away from me, was quite strapped for cash in November- so I said I would send him some. As he was in desperate need- to get baby's nappies ets, the quickest way to do it was via PayPal. When I sent him £200 (as a gift) PayPal took quite a chunk out of it :mad: (around £18 or so) which I was notfied of before I sent it- so I just chose to pay the fee myself.

Oh my goodness - how greedy of them! Maybe it's never happened to me because I haven't sent huge amounts? Strange!

I've just hit 10 reviews, and was disappointed when it said I couldn't do any more til the 16th of Feb! I'm really enjoying it! But I see the great sense in putting a limit on until they've reviewed you - sorts the trash out without them losing tons of money. This is a great thing to do if you genuinely enjoy it and want to give others help when chosing to buy something :)
  • Camp_Freddy
    Options

It's because some people are greedy and have ruined it for the majority, sadly.
  • idlesaver
    idlesaver Posts: 4,250 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi I too want to sign up for this site....but few questions in my mind...

1. How do they pay...?? Is it through Paypal....??? As I don't have a paypal account I think I need to open it then.

2. And by reading all the discussion about pay pal fees.....if they want to pay $7 for the first 10 reviews what is the paypal fee for that.....??? Those who have already got paid can please clear my doubt.....????

3. How much do they pay for the first review...?????

Thanks in advance for the kind help.
    idlesaver
  • bruffyboy
    Options
    Hi quick question

Oh and bruffyboy will you still keep reviewing for the site ?

Thanks for your help

I think I will hold off for now as I only write film and book reviews, but I'll keep an eye out for more incentives and get back in then.
  • bruffyboy
    Options
    It's because some people are greedy and have ruined it for the majority, sadly.

It's because people are stealing reviews from other sites so rather than check a million reviews, they check 10 before upgrading you to a higher level. Nothing to do with greed.
  • mattygroves_3
    Options
    bruffyboy wrote: »
    It's because people are stealing reviews from other sites so rather than check a million reviews, they check 10 before upgrading you to a higher level. Nothing to do with greed.

Surely the people who are stealing reviews are doing it out of greed?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport