get paid £1.40 for every 150 word review you write! Amazing new site

Options
http://www.comparedby.us is a new review site that pays $1 per 1000 character review (about 150 words) and $2 if it's the first review on that item. They accept UK members, pay by Paypal on the 20th of each month, and look very good! With the poor US conversion rate it's 70p a review and £1.40 if you're the first, which blows every other site out of the water. This is an introductory offer, and will go soon (don't know when) so get on now. If you can write quick it works out at around £10 an hour.

They're new so there's no real proof whether you'll get paid, but they are linked up with Yahoo which is a good sign. Someone did a photo of payment but I don't know how it could be real as they're so new.

My advice is write a load of reviews but keep them on a word file, then if it all falls flat, transfer them to Dooyoo where you'll get 50p each one.

You are NOT allowed to cross post reviews from other sites, but I have basically stopped my ciao and dooyoo for now and doing this.

See the site for more details. I am a little dubious BUT I was about Qype too and that proved to be true!

All the info is on the site or google. Your activation link may not work but just go to the site and you're a member.

A tip - just because an item has a star rating does not mean it has a review - click on the item to find out if it does.

Tip 2 - only items with stars (blank or coloured) under them can be reviewed.

Comments

• loulou1980_2
    Options
    Hi, i've just registered with this site, but I can't see anything mentioning the introductory rate of pay you mentioned, when did you sign up for this?
  • BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Posted by bruffyboy at 12/29/2008 12:11:00 PM
    hi, are UK members allowed?

Did they answer your question?
  • R78
    Options
    loulou1980 wrote: »
    Hi, i've just registered with this site, but I can't see anything mentioning the introductory rate of pay you mentioned, when did you sign up for this?

once you write a review it will show on your earnings
  • BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    loulou1980 wrote: »
    http://www.comparedby.us/blog/post/how-much-money-can-i-make-on-comparedby.us?postid=642ebbb4-12f4-4dc7-b6ba-e7a0e8878b3a
    As I mentioned last post, we have launched our Member Incentive Plan. $1.00 for an extended review, $0.25 for a quick review and a $1.00 bonus for the first extended review on any product. Now you can actually see your total earnings! Once you have logged in you should see a “Earnings Summary” link in your profile peek (the bar on the right side of the page). Click on this link to see how much money you have made.

The Payment module is now live as well! Located on your “Earnings Summary” page is the “Request Payment” button. If you have not yet earned $20 the button will not be activated, but once you have earned a minimum of $20 we will send your earnings to you Paypal account.
  • durham_girl
    durham_girl Posts: 2,715 Forumite
    Options
    Few opinions from other forums

here

here
    :j30/7/10:j

:j24/1/14 :j
  • bruffyboy
    Options
    Owner emailed me and said UK members fine. Seems good to me, but like I said I will put mine on dooyoo where I will get 50p for each if I do not get paid by this company. I sat and did 12 hours straight yesterday and made £115 which is pretty amazing considering it's tax free.
  • logie28
    logie28 Posts: 323 Forumite
    Options
    mmmm, ill wait till they "take off" before i waste hours of my life in front of this one,,lol
  • Bella198421
    Options
    To get paid do they just need your email address to be paid by paypal cos they didn't ask for any payment details.
    Halifax-Limit-£500-Balance-£0
    Halifax-Limit-£500-Balance-£127
    Virgin-Limit-£500-Balance-£0
    Thomas Cook-Limit-£1100-Balance-£0 Play-Limit-£1000-Balance-£358
  • sharpe106
    sharpe106 Posts: 3,559 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    it looks like they just ask for your paypal address, but will have till later on in January to find out
  • bruffyboy
    Options
    The more I am on there I think this is a legit site. Sites like dooyoo pay 50p a review, well this one pays twice as much for first reviews (makes sense on a limited offer) but the conversion rate makes it even better. It's not so much that it doesn't seem real, but if you wait to see if it's legit you'll miss the opening rate!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure