PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Pudding and dessert recipes

Options

Comments

• MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    or try some individually done up portions of oranges with amaretti biscuit and cream :) (take some oranges peel and cut off as much skin etc as you can. take amaretti biscuits and crush into pieces. Layer up in glas bowls or what ever you have orange, then biscuit then orange until nearly full. if you have it then drizzle a little amaretti over and put in fridge unitl just before serving. When about to serve put whipped cream on top - LUSH!
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • jellyang
    Options
    Peel a satsuma , put a spoonful of rum butter or honey on top. Wrap in tin foil & bake in the oven for 10 mins.

So simple but rather yummy.

Ang
    x
  • Seakay
    Seakay Posts: 4,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Boodles Orange Fool - simplicity itself but totally delicious.

http://www.winstonchurchill.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=839

Use double cream. This amount should serve six easily as it is very rich, but not sickly because of the citrus fruit. My Mum used to dissolve the sugar in the juice mixed with the grated peel before stirring it into the lightly whisked cream and them spooning all over the sponges in the serving bowl - she used a glass trifle bowl.
    6 spnges means 6 trifle sponges not 6 sponge cakes! Trifle sponges are like slices of stale sponge cake measuring aprox 3"x2"x 1/2", you can buy them in packets but sponge fingers/boudoir biscuits would do just as well.
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    OMG bang goes the diet, I will HAVE to make those profiteroles.

(PS I love them with Baileys poured over them, or even Tia Maria, haven't had that for years but it's lovely- Boozy Boulders as we called them)
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hiya

Ive got LOADS of eggs, a shortage of butter, all the flours & sugars, and not a lot else! but I do have dried fruit & dessicatred coconut. Can anyone suggest a pudding we can have for later that takes miniimum effort ( we dont have a hand mixer or food processer- but do have a stick blender)

your thoughts appreciated as ever :j

lynz x
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • susank
    susank Posts: 809 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How about pancakes? They dont need butter
    Saving in my terramundi pot £2, £1 and 50p just for me! :j
  • misskool
    misskool Posts: 12,832 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Creme caramel, egg custard, egg tarts, pavlova, anything with meringue, chocolate mousse.
  • recovering_spendaholic
    Options
    How about queen of puddings - the only whisking is of the egg whites, but if you can do these with a normal manual whisk - it doesn't take long really. You need (for a massive pudding - halve it if you want)

2 pints milk, 6 eggs (separated), 14oz sugar, 6oz bread or cake crumbs, jam.

Mix the egg yolks and milk and add 2oz sugar (a bit less if you using cake crumbs). Put crumbs in a casserole dish and cover with milk and egg mixture. Bake in a 150 -170 oven for about 30 minutes until lightly set. Whisk egg whites with remaining sugar until really stiff. Meanwhile spread a nice quantity of your favourite jam on top of the custard mixture and top with the merringue. Put back in the oven on 140 for about 50 minutes until brown - I like it nice and crispy but if you only want a really soft merringue you can do it on 170 for about 20 minutes.
    Jane

ENDIS. Employed, no disposable income or savings!
  • Waxy_Bean
    Waxy_Bean Posts: 274 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What about Nigellas clementine cake? It doesn't use flour or butter, but uses plenty of eggs, although does take slightly longer than you probably want. I made it yesterday using some rapidly softening clementines and topped with dark chocolate, and its deliciously moist and puddingy with cream!
    2009 winnings: private box at the ballet, a cooking lesson with Jean Christophe Novelli, a case of wine, £25 itunes downloads, a candle, Football Manager PC game, a lipstick, £250
  • daisyroots_2
    Options
    Four eggs will set a pint of milk, and if you have some stale bread, you're in business. You can use up the dried fruit too. If no bread, just make an egg custard, doesn't have to be fresh milk, could be dried if you have some knocking around, or a tin of evaporated perhaps ? Beat the eggs into the milk, add sugar to taste, squidge the bread down into it if you're making B&B - medium oven till it's set.
    All Art is the transfiguration of the commonplace
    Member #6 SKI-ers Club
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family