Talk Talk Complaints

Options

Comments

• ali7a
    ali7a Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Hi ali7a,

When you enter your details into the website it checks the exchange status to see whether we can offer free broadband or not. If it offered it free at this point then we should have our equipment in your exchange. Do you know what exchange you are connected to? I can then check to see if there is availability to transfer you over.

Ideally I could do with you registering on the TalkTalk members forum so I can see what has actually happened with your order.

Thanks,

Andrew

Hello Andrew,
    Thanks for getting back to me, the day after i left this message i mannaged to speak to anothe advisor and manager of talk talk who agreed that i had been missold a package and he guaranteed us free broadband from now on even though it is not yet available in our area, he promised that we would be re-imbursed our payments, if this happens we will be happy, but we will have to wait and see till our next bill arrives. If this does not happen, i will be contacting you on the main talk talk site , and will probably be ending our contract with you!!!

thanks

ali
  • TalkTalk
    TalkTalk Posts: 1,948 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi ali7a,

Good to hear that you have managed to speak to someone and it sounds like it should now be sorted. If you do have any problems let me know.

Andrew
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Wiggins79
    Options
    Hi- I am hoping for some advice from the TalkTalk rep.
    An elderly friend of mine originally had a TalkTalk home phone package that was part of a combined Gas/ Electric/ Phone package from British Gas. For the phone part of the package he was charged £11.49 per month for line rental £1.25 for a paper bill charge, and also got a package called British Gas- Talk for free. This consisted of free local calls after 18.00 and on weekends and charged normally for all other types of calls.
    At the start of February he recieved a phone call from a TalkTalk salesperson telling him he could help him save money on his line rental. As he was already with TalkTalk (he recieved his bills from them) he assumed that the call was genuine and agreed to change his account with the salesperson. He then recieved a letter dated 5th of February confirming his new account would be set up in the next 17 days and the account details. This consisted of a monthly line rental of £11.49- exactly the same as before- but also a monthly charge of £1.95 (which rises to £2.95 after 12 months) for a "TalkTalk UK Evening and weekend" call plan. This consists of nearly the exact same deal as he had before apart from he gets free local calls any time of the day during Mon-Fri as well. Also there will be a charge of £1.25 for a paper bill after the first month. Now, I wasn't the best at maths at school. but my calculations he is now worse off by £1.95 a month (rising to £2.95 a month in a year) for a nearly identical package as he had before with the exact same company. He then recieved a letter from TalkTalk dated 8/2/2010 telling him they had recieved a request to cancel his TalkTalk account and that it would be actioned by the 18th of February- this was his original account that was cheaper for him. TalkTalk then gave him a new account number for the "new" package.
    Unfortunately, he didn't realise his mistake until this week when he asked me to look over the paperwork, where I discovered he only had a trifling 10 days after the initial letter dated 5th of Feb to change his mind before he was locked into an 18th month contract that could not be cancelled without incurring a £70 penalty charge. I know that £1.95 a month isn't a vast amount of money, but my friend has become very upset by the whole episode, thinking himself gullible and a fool for seemingly being duped by a the TalkTalk salesperson. Also, he is now worried that as he was previously with TalkTalk as part of an overall gas/power/ electric package, he may now have jeapordised his British Gas power package. And on top of all this, he is having financial difficulties and is feeling very upset that in an attempt to save himself money, he has in fact cost himself money- all through listening to the advice of a TalkTalk salesperson.
    I would dearly like to help him with his probelm, but am unsure where to even begin or who to speak to. My gut feeling is that he has been mis-sold this new package under false pretences. I understand that he should have looked in more detail at the new package information when it was sent to him and realised that it wasn't a good deal, but he simply took it as good faith that as he was already with TalkTalk, they were simply trying to improve his deal for him.
    Any help or advice in this matter would be vastly appreciated. I have access to all the account number details etc. if needed.
    Thankyou.
  • TalkTalk
    Options
    Hi Wiggins79,

I am sorry to hear that your friend has come out worse when he was advised he would be saving money.

All our sales calls are recorded so we can check to see what was advised on the original call.

It is hard for me to advise on what has exactly happened without looking into the account. To do this I would need your friend to register on the TalkTalk members forum so I can confirm some details. If they want me to deal with yourself regarding this matter once I have confirmed the necessary details I would be more than happy to do so.

Thanks,

Andrew
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Wiggins79
    Options
    Thanks for the reply Andrew. My friend doesn't have internet access (or a computer for that matter), so he would need to come over to my house to register on the forum. Could you please tell me what details you would need from him so we can have it all prepared once he has done so?
    Thanks again, Wiggins.
  • Mystyfied
    Mystyfied Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Mystyfied wrote: »
    Hi Andrew, as I do not wish to drag this out or get even by going to Ofcom or Otelo TALKTALK cancellations dept have been contacted again, and once again assured us the order was cancelled on 4/02/10 and that no engineer should have called on 23/02/10, they did however tell us another order had been generated by the system on 24/02/10 ( and they don't know why) but he will make sure that this is also cancelled.
    As I will complain with bad service I also will compliment when I get good service and I have to compliment this man for his helpful, apologetic and courteous manner, please do transfer him to your front desk customer services team:D.
    I hope this will now be sorted .
    I have to add that Ofcom were amazed that although my daughter had given TALKTALK permission to deal with me that TALKTALK still refused.
    I may take this further as having a disabled daughter who needs an appropriate adult to act on her behalf, I have always been a supporter of vulnerable people and feel this is unexceptable and a failure in company policy.

Thank you for your time.

Yesterday we had a letter saying they were taking the standing order out of the account, today at 7am a parcel arrives containing the modem!and with the postman a welcome pack arrives, my daughter is crying her eyes out! and now calling them "stalk stalk" this is very nearly harrasement! How could we ever recommend the company?
  • Mark_In_Hampshire
    Options
    It's hardly a matter for tears now, is it :)

Cancel the direct debit, and keep an eye on the bank account to make sure it isn't simply set up again.
  • TalkTalk
    Options
    Hi Wiggins79,

They would need the account and phone numbers to register. Once they have registered they will need to start a new topic and we can send them a Private Message asking them to confirm they are the account holder, their full name and their date of birth.

We can then look into the issue.

Thanks,

Andrew
  • TalkTalk
    Options
    Hi Mystyfied,

I am really sorry to hear that your daughter is still receiving correspondence.

As advised I would be more than happy to look into this but I would need your daughter to register on the Members Forum. Once I can look at the account and confirm what has happened I should be able to get the matter resolved.

Andrew
  • Mystyfied
    Mystyfied Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Mystyfied,

I am really sorry to hear that your daughter is still receiving correspondence.

As advised I would be more than happy to look into this but I would need your daughter to register on the Members Forum. Once I can look at the account and confirm what has happened I should be able to get the matter resolved.

Andrew

She cannot register on the members forum Andrew as the phone number/account details she was allocated come back as "unreconised" the same as if you phone in.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport