🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Making cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Kim_Possible
    Kim_Possible Posts: 848 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 2 May 2009 at 7:37PM
    Options
    Great cards everyone.
    Thought Id show you the romper suit card that Id asked all the questions about last nite. I ended up cutting an A4 in half and pinning it together with brads.
    100_0276-1.jpg

100_0279.jpg
  • hels102
    hels102 Posts: 737 Forumite
    Options
    Oh I haven't been in here for ages!
    Gemm I think your card is fab, it put a smile on my face:j
    kim - Your cards are so sweet! Well done:T

I picked up some bargains today Adeshive Spray, Sticky small dots in a dispenser, double sided tape in a dispenser made all 69p! Also treated myself to some papermania paper and flowers as I've got a few birthdays coming up.
    I know it's not card relating but I'm so excited my OH bought me a sewing machine today :j
    :xmassmile Looking forward to December:xmassmile
  • SallyUK
    SallyUK Posts: 2,344 Forumite
    Options
    flourgirl wrote: »
    Thanks Sal, I'm carp at stamping so I bought these as ready stamped images from ebay:)

Really? Would you still have the seller's ID please?

Sal
    x
  • SallyUK
    Options
    Great cards everyone.
    Thought Id show you the romper suit card that Id asked all the questions about last nite. I ended up cutting an A4 in half and pinning it together with brads.
    100_0276-1.jpg

100_0279.jpg

That's gorgeous Kim, I have to do a new baby card soon too, did you have a template for this?

Sal
    x
  • Gemm85
    Gemm85 Posts: 1,642 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for everyones comments re my water challenge card...I didn't really like it cause I stuck the umbrella on the blue circle a bit wonky... I am my own worst critic and if I'm not 100% satisfied with something I manage to convince myself I hate it... lol anyway I am glad you lot like it :)Rusty asked where I got my papers from, it was papercraft inspirations magazine and you can download the papers for free here - the 2nd one down 'Rainy Days' set

saveapenny glad to see you're back home, make sure you get some much needed rest!!

flourgirl your blog cards are beautiful, have left you a comment :)

melissa - thanks for the link to the ukscrappers forum,.. I think I'll be ordering some stuff! I have had to memorise my card details though as OH throws a wobbly every time I'm on my laptop and he sees me reaching for my purse.... :D

kim - great baby grow card you've made, what a funky idea ;)
  • flourgirl
    flourgirl Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    Options
    Kim thats a lovely card so glad it worked out for you :)
  • CT19720
    CT19720 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    edited 2 May 2009 at 10:11PM
    Options
    Hope you have all had a lovely day in the sunshine.

Gemm what a lovely water challenge card - it is really pretty. I am astounded by how great everybodies cards are, and that we have all had such a different take on this theme.

Saveapenny I am so glad that you are back home. Look after yourself and hope the bruised ribs improve soon.

Flourgirl - lovely new cards on your blog. The dog ones are very cute.

Kim-Possible - great romper suit card. What a fantastic idea.

Rusty - fabulous sketch card on your blog.

I haven't been making cards today, but my husband has made one for his brother! Its on my blog - http://ct19720.blogspot.com/ and he is very pleased with himself for making it all by himself! Think I may have some competition in the house :rotfl::rotfl:.
    2016 is the year I am going to find time for me, and cherish the time I spend with my friends and family.
    It is also time to save - Aim £4,000 - So far this year - £230/£4,000
  • SallyUK
    Options
  • flourgirl
    flourgirl Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    Options
    Happy Belated Birthday Marg:bdaycake:

Hope you had a wonderful day in Southport.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport