Making cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (part 2)

Options

Comments

• flourgirl
    flourgirl Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    edited 2 May 2009 at 2:39PM
    Options
    Marg wrote: »
    Rusty - Not stupid questions! I'm still learning but I use double sided sticky tape to stick my backing paper down - it's devilish stuff - you have to be careful with it - I want to get an applicator but daren't 'til I've used up the big roll I've already got. IYSWIM (MSE)

Would a thick needle start the hole for your brad? (I've only used brads once so I'd be glad to hear how its done too!) Is that why the 'legless' ones are popular?

Sorry - no idea why cards should bend unless you have used 'wet' glue? I'm sure someone much more experienced will be along soon to help.

Flourgirl - just remembered from last night you are going to York soon - I love going there - hope you enjoy! Has you husband been to The Real Aeroplane Company Museum at Breighton? My OH used to fly a Bucker Junghman from there and they have some very interesting old planes - might be worth an hour or two of your time? OH used to drive for 2 hour to get there to fly 'til he learned some sense!

We have been there before Marg and DH has been with his flying friend a couple of times. DH was really impressed with your DH flying a Bucker Junghman, as he only flys Cessna 150 or 172. It's his medical this week and his BP has been high so we are keeping our fingers crossed he passes. He only passed his test 7 years ago when he was 50 so I suppose he was a late starter, even though he has been aircraft daft since he was 14. We even live on the flight path for Doncaster Airport, they are about 250ft when going over the garden. I'm looking forward to going to York and it's not too far away.
  • flourgirl
    edited 2 May 2009 at 2:53PM
    Options
    There are some fantastic cards on everyones blogs, I think I have managed to leave comments on them all. Sorry if I missed anyones.

I always use Double-sided tape for my cards, loads of it. I usually buy mine from Craft Creations 5 at a time I know it's not the cheapest but it is what I like. I tried the finger lift stuff once without success, it's hard to get it near the edge, but I have found the tape runners succesful for going round apertures and circles.

I have updated my blog with 4 new cards.
    http://flourgirlcrafts.blogspot.com/
  • SallyUK
    SallyUK Posts: 2,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Marg wrote: »
    Kim - Could you use 2 pieces of matching A4 card and join them at the shoulder of the romper and disguise the join with some pretty trim?

Love the watering can card she grinch

Fab colours in your congratulations card Sally (looked at the paper in the Artymiss sale - is the price per sheet or for the pack?)

Thanks Marg. I bought a few packets when they were in the last sale - it's actually a pad of 50 sheets.

Sal
    x
  • SallyUK
    SallyUK Posts: 2,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    flourgirl wrote: »
    There are some fantastic cards on everyones blogs, I think I have managed to leave comments on them all. Sorry if I missed anyones.

I always use Double-sided tape for my cards, loads of it. I usually buy mine from Craft Creations 5 at a time I know it's not the cheapest but it is what I like. I tried the finger lift stuff once without success, it's hard to get it near the edge, but I have found the tape runners succesful for going round apertures and circles.

I have updated my blog with 4 new cards.
    http://flourgirlcrafts.blogspot.com/

Those cards are gorgeous Flourgirl, I've left a comment on your blog.

Sal
    x
  • flourgirl
    Options
    Thanks Sal, I'm carp at stamping so I bought these as ready stamped images from ebay:)
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Options
    Wow some beautiful cards on the blogs ladies, I haven't had a chance to comment on them all but I will over the weekend. Well done, so much inspiration on these blogs for me :)

Also wanted to thank you for all of the replied about card making etc.

I used pritstick on my paper, and that is probably why it has curved, looks alright now it has spent last few hours in between several heavy books (Courtesy of Jamie Oliver). Just need to do some writing and then I can take a pic. No laughing though lol I am happy with this one though which shock horror you will all be amazed at!!!
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Options
    Have posted a picture on my blog of the card :)
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • melissa75_2
    melissa75_2 Posts: 2,801 Forumite
    Options
    Hello everyone - I'll try and catch up on everyone's posts in bit - I've managed to get pages behind again.
    Well my promarkers arrived yesterday and I've had a a quick play and I love them. I've ordered 20 more colours as 15 just wasn't enough. The colours seem so much bolder than with the whispers pens, the only problem that I've found with them is that the smallest nib (they are double ended like the whispers pens), is quite big so its a bit hard to do fiddly little areas. I am so impressed with them that I ordered some stamps last night, I really like them and you don't seem to be able to buy the stamped images from ebay, so I thought they were worth the money. Here's a link if you want to have a look, I ordered the princess, geisha and fairy grace ones. Postage was only a quid, but I fancy the farm and the fishing ones too:
    http://nutcrafters.co.uk/zen/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=7&zenid=a7bce38922127df07edec2c6424db823
    There's quite a few shops with offers on this weekend for national scrapbooking day, here's a link to a forum on ukscrappers where retailers post details of any promotions they have currently running:
    http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=10
  • paddingtondoo
    paddingtondoo Posts: 3,392 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Can't remember who asked about the sizzix site but I've ordered - I think it was when they had a sale in the New Year - they apologied for delays due to a huge volume of orders but i got mine a couple of days after the first dispatch date.

Really well packed and it came by courier as well so probably costs them £4.95 if you include the weight of the dies

HTH - I'm being good would really love another alphabet but I'm on a craft spend free month - although it would help me use some of my other stash up :D
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
  • melissa75_2
    melissa75_2 Posts: 2,801 Forumite
    Options
    Saveapenny - glad you're back from the hospital - bruised ribs though!!! I remember years ago I had my wisdom teeth out at the hospital and about an hour after coming round I realised I had a massive rip in my gown just by my boob - I was very embarrassed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport