Different life - so new SOA!! Back once again :D

Options

Comments

• SamanthaA
    SamanthaA Posts: 345 Forumite
    Options
    Sea78 wrote: »
    Ok

Thanks for all the kind words and support - have had a good long think - am off to the solicitors on Friday with my friend. Have a horrid feeling that ex has just gone off to his sol's to sign off divorce papers against me for unreasonable behaviour - but hey, ho.

Some good news - sorted sit with friends - turns out busybodies got involved as usual and twisted everything up - when we actually talked, turned out we both thought it had been very different things that had been said.

I think I know what I need to do about the children situation, but it's now working out the full details. And also brace myself for hell through the courts. Who knows how much it'll cost, but i'd rather lose everything but the kids.

Sea xxxxx

Not sure its much comfort, but if HE divorces you, doesn`t he pay?
    So you can spend your cash fighting for what the kids need from HIM!

Glad you sorted out the mates situation. Mates are hard to come by & even harder to lose!
    Living debt free, since Sept 08 & Dec 10 :wall:

"After a time, you may find that`having` is not so pleasing a thing after all as `wanting`. It is not logical, but often true." MR SPOCK

"Failure is always an option" Adam Savage
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    good news re getting things sorted out with ur mate, glad its all ok, guess thats thr trouble with chinese whispers. x
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Sea
    I am sending you good vibes for tomorrow. I hope that your friend being there can give you the focus you need to talk through what you want. You are being far too reasonable with you soon to be ex other half. He is winding you up all the time, wanting the easy life, and you should not let him get away with it.

chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • Sea78
    Sea78 Posts: 6,185 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi all

Well today hasn't been the best. Unfortunately I've had some awful news that one of my kind-of-like mum's has died(i grew up in a commune- shared parenting, have 4 'mums' including my mum) and it's hit me hard - unexpected - she was in hospital undertaking chemotherapy for leukemia but it was going really well and the leukemia was being beaten, but it seems the treatment took it's toll. She has been in St James since July and died 2 nights ago (I only found out tonight due to my mum not wanting to tell me when working) from a suspected heart attack - the chemo can weaken it. It's just so unfair - she was so positive and determined to fight it. Horrible evil people are still alive and doing terrible thing to little babies and yet, good people are dying. I just can't get my head around it.

still going to work tomrrow - keep my mind off it. and still got sol's tomorrow night.

I hope you are all good tonight. Big hugs.

Sea xxxx
    CCCS DMP:Feb 07
    Total:£37,016.47 now £0 DEBT FREE FEB 14

2022 Decluttering Campaign 49/1011
  • judi24
    judi24 Posts: 2,272 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am sorry to hear about your 'mum' - just wanted you to know I am thinking about you x
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Sea, Im so sorry, just wish I could come and give u a big hug, but a virtual one will have to do sorry.

She sounded a very special lady, and a big part of ur life. I know exactly where ur coming from re - its always the good ones they take, my parents lost their 1st daughter with cancer when she was 18mths old, yet all the horrible people are still here, even now 40 yrs later, we all ask the same question.

You take care and remember the good times, xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • doodledo_2
    doodledo_2 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Options
    Awww I am sorry to hear of the loss of your "mum" she sounds like she was a big part of your life.

Take care (((hugs)))
    Proud to be dealing with my debts - DFW No: 712

03/09/09 - DEBT FREE AT LAST :D
    Racing Hypno to Save - £10/£5000
  • whatatwit
    whatatwit Posts: 5,424 Forumite
    Options
    Sea, I am sorry to hear of your mum's passing, as you say, it's always the ones who have something to give that are taken early.

Hope all goes well at the solicitors.

Love and hugs.
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no: 203.
  • taxi73
    taxi73 Posts: 20,815 Forumite
    Options
    Sea,so sorry to hear of your sad loss.How awful and so true about God only taking the good ones.
    Good luck at the solicitors.xxxxx
    Hugs for you and those two gorgeous little ones xx
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It is always difficult when we lose someone that we have been so close to. It is going to sound really "tough" of me now but later today you HAVE to put your grief and upset to one side completely. You can't let that sad news affect you for the time that you are at the solicitors this evening - that is such an important appointment for YOU and YOUR CHILDREN that nothing must cloud it.

before you set off for the appointment, try some "grounding" exercises or positive affirmations to ensure that the person going to the solicitors is the strong, caring mother that we know and love, who has one thing on her mind and one thing only - to do the best for her children and to give her, and them the best future possible.

It won't be easy and I don't envy you one bit having to go through all of this. but you have proved in the past you have inner strength and today is one of those days you will need to draw on that.

Good luck and keep us posted xxxx
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure