Finished Baskets - Part 2

Comments

• Ladies, in an attept to reassure you that you're not missing out so much ...
    I do have a Home Bargains near me, but they never have the offers that everyone else mentions. So even if you had one, you'd possibly still be disappointed!
    some people grin and bear it, others smile and do it :)
  • Ladies, in an attept to reassure you that you're not missing out so much ...
    I do have a Home Bargains near me, but they never have the offers that everyone else mentions. So even if you had one, you'd possibly still be disappointed!

I second that - I went 2 weeks ago and not much to shout about other than a photo frame for 29p that I wanted for my friends pink hamper - I got more bargains in Poundland :p
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
  • Hi, was just wondering if any of you have heard of Bloomsberry Chocolate. I spotted some in my local Sainsbury's store tonight and thought that it would make a great extra addition to my friend's birthday hamper it is chocolate in a thin card wrapper and the wrapper is red and states "EMERGENCY CHOCOLATE" . I was so impressed with the packaging and there were other types you could buy too! On this particular bar it says "For immediate relief of: Chocolate cravings, lovesickness, exam pressure, mild anxiety and extreme hunger" It's sort of designed as a first aid emergency bar. It's really cool and I think it would make a great gift in hampers for those that lurrrrvvvve chocolate or just need cheering gifts! It was £1.99 which I didn't think was too bad! The other designs that I remember were a "MARITAL BLISS BAR" - 50% her and 50% his - his being about 10% really though on the front which was quite funny! - ideal for Valentine's hampers! Also they had a contraceptive pill style wrapper - I can't remember the pun for that one though and there were a a few other styles! Sorry just thought this was a great unusual idea to add to those brilliant hampers and so had to share it!
    Mummy to a beautiful 4 month old princess! x
  • thevicster
    thevicster Posts: 1,334 Forumite
    Hi, was just wondering if any of you have heard of Bloomsberry Chocolate. I spotted some in my local Sainsbury's store tonight and thought that it would make a great extra addition to my friend's birthday hamper it is chocolate in a thin card wrapper and the wrapper is red and states "EMERGENCY CHOCOLATE" . I was so impressed with the packaging and there were other types you could buy too! On this particular bar it says "For immediate relief of: Chocolate cravings, lovesickness, exam pressure, mild anxiety and extreme hunger" It's sort of designed as a first aid emergency bar. It's really cool and I think it would make a great gift in hampers for those that lurrrrvvvve chocolate or just need cheering gifts! It was £1.99 which I didn't think was too bad! The other designs that I remember were a "MARITAL BLISS BAR" - 50% her and 50% his - his being about 10% really though on the front which was quite funny! - ideal for Valentine's hampers! Also they had a contraceptive pill style wrapper - I can't remember the pun for that one though and there were a a few other styles! Sorry just thought this was a great unusual idea to add to those brilliant hampers and so had to share it!

I saw those too! Thought they were a great idea!
    I want a perfect body, I want a perfect soul, I want you to notice when I'm not around[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
  • thevicster wrote: »
    I saw those too! Thought they were a great idea!

Defo going to keep them in mind for other occasions and hampers throughout the year! Glad someone else has noticed them too!
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    The bloomsberry chocky has been mentioned on the old thread if I remember rightly .... I think they look fab although have never seen them upfront! so to speak.

They do
    Bochox
    Girth control
    and quite a few others ;)
    More info here ;)
    http://www.bloomsberry.com/
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • The bloomsberry chocky has been mentioned on the old thread if I remember rightly .... I think they look fab although have never seen them upfront! so to speak.

They do
    Bochox
    Girth control
    and quite a few others ;)
    More info here ;)
    http://www.bloomsberry.com/

Yes those were the ones I spotted in store! I have never saw them before until today in Sainsbury's and so hopefully will be a nice surprise for the recipients. Thanks
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    For the lady who asked if I would pick up some champagne marmite for her, I have been to 3 nettos for you and couldn't see anymore, wether they will have it on again from there or if I spot it somewhere else then I will get some for you, but for now I couldn't sorry :(

Well today is the big day for OH's interview, train tickets were booked a couple of days ago, his dad was picking him up from station tonight as it was late and I wasn't dragging kids out of bed, ... we have both been up since 5am as we are both poorly .... so the interview has been cancelled, as has my shopping!!!

So the plan is to leave OH in bed, take my son to school and hope my daughter perks up a little! then I need to do the housework :(
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • SeaBee
    SeaBee Posts: 360 Forumite
    Yes those were the ones I spotted in store! I have never saw them before until today in Sainsbury's and so hopefully will be a nice surprise for the recipients. Thanks

I bought MIL one of the emergency bars for Christmas (after seeing it on here) as she always says a little bit of chocolate makes her feel better. I tucked it at the back of her Dove hamper. She loved the hamper so much she didn't want to open it, so I had to tell her there was chocolate inside too.

Went round on Sunday and couldn't believe how thrilled she was with it. Kept stroking the packaging and laughing. Said she will have to keep it so show all her friends - bless!
  • SeaBee
    SeaBee Posts: 360 Forumite
    Oh, just read your message Rusty (that will teach me to skim read)

So sorry that you and your OH are poorly and that his interview has been cancelled. You must be really fed up after all your planning. Hopefully you will both be feeling better soon and he will get another interview.

Big hugs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport