PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cauliflower? Recipe please

Comments

• piglet6
    piglet6 Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    There you go - I said somebody would have a soup recipe!! :D

:rotfl:
  • piglet6 wrote: »
    There you go - I said somebody would have a soup recipe!! :D

:rotfl:

lol - mine is in a cookbook somewhere in the house, but its similar to this one - http://rosajackson.blogspot.com/2007/06/spring-cauliflower-soup.html

except mine has a sprinking of tarragon in it too.
  • liney
    liney Posts: 5,121 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Aloo Gobi. Abit like bombay potato with cauliflower. http://www.quickindiancooking.com/2007/03/16/aloo-gobi/

It freezes very well.

I also make a cheesy pasta bake with cauliflower and leeks, but it they don't like cauliflower cheese they probably wouldn't eat that.
    "On behalf of teachers, I'd like to dedicate this award to Michael Gove and I mean dedicate in the Anglo Saxon sense which means insert roughly into the anus of." My hero, Mr Steer.
  • purpleivy
    purpleivy Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Spicy cauliflower soup. Simmer in stock, dollop of curry paste, whizz up with some powdered milk and thicken with a little cornflour if necessary.

I would make one into florets, blanche and freeze.
    [SIZE=-1]"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"[/SIZE]
    Trying not to waste food!:j
    ETA Philosophy is wondering whether a Bloody Mary counts as a Smoothie
  • mummysaver
    mummysaver Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    Use it in curry, raw with dips, mashed, turn it into soup (couple of onions, potatoes, cauli, half milk, half water, cook then blitz till smooth and stir in some stilton or other strong cheese, season with salt and pepper). Or freeze until you want it!
    GC Oct £387.69/£400, GC Nov £312.58/£400, GC Dec £111.87/£400
  • Beki
    Beki Posts: 917 Forumite
    brilliant! thanks guys! :D

think i'll chop, blanche and freeze one, and with the other make mash and soup. thanks again :) xx
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi Beki,

Now that you've decided what to do with them I'll add your thread to the main cauliflower thread to keep the suggestions together.

Pink
  • meester
    meester Posts: 1,879 Forumite
    Any suggestions?

I was going to make cauliflower cheese,but it turned out to be small.

Plain boiled cauliflower is a bit boring.
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Fry an onion and a teaspoon of curry spices (garam masala or whatever you have in the cupboard), add the cauli in pieces together with cubed potatoes and carrots and a cupful of frozen peas, add a bit of water and salt, let simmer and here you are, nice quick veg curry! Serve on boiled rice, with a side serving of chopped cucumber in yogurt. Cheaper than a takeaway and just as tasty!
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • meester
    meester Posts: 1,879 Forumite
    Caterina wrote: »
    Fry an onion and a teaspoon of curry spices (garam masala or whatever you have in the cupboard), add the cauli in pieces together with cubed potatoes and carrots and a cupful of frozen peas, add a bit of water and salt, let simmer and here you are, nice quick veg curry! Serve on boiled rice, with a side serving of chopped cucumber in yogurt. Cheaper than a takeaway and just as tasty!

Ah, I should have said, I am eating it with some calves liver cooked in marsala. I don't think Asian flavour will go.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure