November 2008 Grocery Challenge - Page 95

New Post Advanced Search

November 2008 Grocery Challenge

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
1K replies 79.5K views

Replies

• BekiBeki Forumite
    917 posts
    Hi! I'd like to join for December please!

I have just done an inventory of both freezers, fridge and cupboards, and it appears we have enough to last us until 2012 :rotfl: so i'm hoping not to spend too much in december!

I'd like to set my budget at £75 for december please which includes £25 set aside for xmas week food, plus food all month for 2 adults, a 9 year old, a 3 year old, 1 dog and 9 chickens! oh dear. it doesn't look very much when i see it like that :o the chicken and dog food will be £15 for the month... hmmm.. will £35 last us for the next 4 weeks, including £5 of milk a week?! :o:confused: maybe i should stop drinking as much coffee :rotfl:

right, well, i'm determined to stick to it! challenge starts tomorrow for me, as that's when OH gets paid!!!

good luck everyone! :beer:
  • Huxley

So sorry about your brother..sending you hugs..and I think you should give yourself a huge pat on the back for spending so little in the face of all those challenges you have had :T
    Hope December is kinder to you and your family
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • (((((((((((((huxley)))))))))))))
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• BekiBeki Forumite
    917 posts
    sorry huxley, i didn't read your post before i posted mine. i didn't mean to be insensitive :o (((big hugs))) to you and your family! xxxx
  • sharronejsharronej Forumite
    578 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Huxley, I agree with MRSMC you have done really well under the circumstances. It's such a difficult time of year to lose someone.
  • prophecy_grrlprophecy_grrl Forumite
    670 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭
    Huxley - big hugs, hope things start to look up for you and yours xxx

Sharronej - we had a baby boy :-)

I'm declaring £149.27 for November, and would like to set a target of £250 for December

Did a tesco shop today and am surprised at how much nappies and formula cost - had loads of vouchers and stuff, and will be more organised to look for bogoffs etc next month. The cupboards and freezer are full, so am hoping not to blow next months budget - most of it is for xmas food and drink :o

Good luck for Dec all x
    *** PROPHECY_GRRL***
    *** DEBT FREE AS OF 17/10/11 - I DID IT!!! ***
  • Huxley-Thinking of you. Big hugs.XXXX

Mrs Mc-Take care, I will miss your messages.. as I so look forward to reading them. Hope everything goes well.

Well done for November everyone. We've all achieved loads.
    And Good luck for December!!

SFT
    :cool: Frugal Living 2010 member MFW by 2014 Was 88,000 now £46,877.90 Grocery Budget for Dec-April=£173.72/£244 (Groc Budget 2010 from Ebay/Voucher savings/Quidco -If we can do it will save our £980 GC budget) Now living the dream -in our tiny country cottage-all thanks to MS forums. x 39 2 go
    Stockpile Savings: £89.72 Voucher savings £8
  • I'm really sorry to hear that Huxley. It's horrible isn't it? My Dad's funeral is tomorrow and it's my first bereavement. Very very difficult.
    Wendy x
  • gilly1964gilly1964 Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I am declaring £178.28 out of £180 for November, but the store cupboards and freezer are now looking spectcularly bare, although I still have 10 cans of tuna :confused:

Please put me down for £250 for December including some Christmas bits and family visiting.

All the best
    Gilly
  • annie123annie123 Forumite
    4.3K posts
    huxley and cat addict (((((((((hugs)))))))))))) so very difficult to know what to say.
    annie
    x