November 2008 Grocery Challenge - Page 93

New Post Advanced Search

November 2008 Grocery Challenge

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
1K replies 79.5K views

Replies

• evening all

well i'm into Decmebr now as i go payday to payday,

i want to declare on £93.57 for november!

the extra can go towards next months treats.

ioiwe x
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• I'm going to have to declare :( Haven't succeeded this time, will try again in December. Spent £35.46, taking me to £0.60 over my target of £160. So, I declare at £160.60.
    Continually trying the Grocery Challenge. Gotta keep trying!
  • suzybloosuzybloo Forumite
    1.1K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Good evening everyone, well over budget but quite a bit put away for next month have to Sunday to go to so will be about £80 over!!. For the rest of the week we will be using up whats in the cupboard and freezer then I will be doing a great big shop in about two weeks time. Hope everyone is doing well.
    Every days a School day!
  • KAAT_LADYKAAT_LADY Forumite
    4.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    i am declaring £181.39 for november yayy!!!!

thats 2 months running now ,,I am doing well ,,,may not do so well next month but I will try ,, have everything now til friday so thats why I am declaring today ,,no more spending til next week now

see you next month

Kaat xx

£200 for december please Mrs Mcawber thanks
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• septemberbluesseptemberblues Forumite
    838 posts
    ✭✭✭
    HI everybody, I'm not sure if I posted my amounts too early, so here I go again. Spent £62 for November's challenge (£12 over my £50 challenge:eek: )

Am declaring £60 for December.(is that big enough writing :p )
    KEEP CALM AND keep taking the tablets :cool2:
  • Well I am done for this month on Friday (payday to payday) and coming in at £316/£300 not bad for a first month!! Next month will start on Friday and I'll try for £300 again
    :j
    Go hopefully into each new day, enjoy something from every day no matter how small, you never know when it will be your last
  • Boo hiss. Over again:eek: . However on a more positive note, I've still saved so much money by keeping track of it. So I'm declaring £136 for Nov and sticking to the £100 for Dec. Must try harder at keeping up with the posts too. Success stories for the month include teaching my Mum how to cook. She now makes up some of her own recipes! :T Getting my family & friends to agree to a £10 limit on pressies this year, this didn't really take much persuading & cuts out on all the unnecessary rubbish we usually buy each other.
    My name is CherryPie and I'm addicted to grocery shopping!!

Grocery Challenge

Feb 2016 - £46.73 / £100.00
  • Flat_EricFlat_Eric Forumite
    4.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ive crunched the numbers and am declaring for November in the horrifying sum of £629.86 :eek:

This does include a tesco spend of £163.86 which was primarily for christmas bits so really I suppose a spend of £466 but still way over my planned budget of £201 :cry:

Although Im shocked at the total sum (and I was shocked at my spend last month), its a real eye opener and means that although I may have had a couple of months where analysing my spending has proved just how much Im wasting/spending on food, it means that I can do something about it now rather than continue to waste money at this ridiculous level.

Im going to have a think about my target spend for December and will post again later.

• sharronejsharronej Forumite
    578 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Flat_Eric wrote: »
    Ive crunched the numbers and am declaring for
    Although Im shocked at the total sum (and I was shocked at my spend last month), its a real eye opener and means that although I may have had a couple of months where analysing my spending has proved just how much Im wasting/spending on food, it means that I can do something about it now rather than continue to waste money at this ridiculous level.

Im going to have a think about my target spend for December and will post again later.

The point is that you are improving, it looks like you lost track in Oct but by Nov you know exactly what you have spent. I think December will be hard for everyone yet if you manage to pin down a realistic target you will have so much more of a chance...and you've already bought quite a bit for Christmas!

Good luck
  • sharronejsharronej Forumite
    578 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    catznine wrote: »
    Going to have to raise the budget for next month, we need some cheer as dd is being made redundant! - £250 for December Grocery Challenge. I've made the mincemeat and the cake but need to get the meat in and all the sundries.
    Sorry to hear your news, I hope your husband manages to find something else quickly.