1K replies 79.5K views

Replies

• gilly1964gilly1964 Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Huxley - I am sorry to hear your news. Take care
  • Cat addict Big Hugs too xxx
    :cool: Frugal Living 2010 member MFW by 2014 Was 88,000 now £46,877.90 Grocery Budget for Dec-April=£173.72/£244 (Groc Budget 2010 from Ebay/Voucher savings/Quidco -If we can do it will save our £980 GC budget) Now living the dream -in our tiny country cottage-all thanks to MS forums. x 39 2 go
    Stockpile Savings: £89.72 Voucher savings £8
  • JayneCJayneC Forumite
    912 posts
    Hi all,

I'm declaring at £257.58. Not too bad, I'm quite happy with that even tho slightly over.
    Please put me down for £250 again for Dec, thanks.

And I'll try and keep up with the thread this time. Not been on at all this month as the computer broke :(. Sounds like a few of you have been having a tough time from the few posts I've read - hope next month brings better things....

Jayne x
    Official DFW nerd - 282 'Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts'
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z member # 56
  • Flat_EricFlat_Eric Forumite
    4.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello

Please put me down for £250 for this month please. Have a well stocked everything so hoping to come in under budget !!! Many thanks :D

• Huxley - thoughts are with you

I'm at 309 so far, but have a shop coming on sat, so looking at 400. That's not good
  • cw18cw18 Forumite
    8.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    ((hugs)) for Huxley and Cat Addict
    Cheryl
  • frugalswan wrote: »
    I'm going to have to declare :( Haven't succeeded this time, will try again in December. Spent £35.46, taking me to £0.60 over my target of £160. So, I declare at £160.60.

Now come on-what is 60p? You didnt spend 161.00 so Id call it total success. Just shave 60p off next month!
    My sympathies are with you Huxley and Cat addict-having lost a brother young and my Dad I know what its like. You are both doing so well to be on here at such a time. Distraction can be good at times though.
    poffigirl wrote: »
    Hi Everyone

Can I join you for December??? I've been lurking for a couple of weeks and think that this board will really help me.

Bascically i want to cut down my grocery bill, I had a shock when last month I checked my balance only to find that I was £1000 overdrawn. We looked into it to see why we were so overdrawn and apart from spending £500 on doing up our new kitchen, we had spent £860 in Tescos. This was for me and OH, a 2 year old and a 5 month old!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!! :o:o:o:o:o So the mission is to cut down our grocery bill to £450 for December, which I think should be comfortably do-able. We tried shopping in lidl which didn't work as we got too tempted by the special offers and ended up spending £177 which did last us around 2 weeks but was still ridiculous. So yesterday me, OH and the babies went Old Style shopping. We went to Iceland for frozen and cupboard stuff, the market for fruit and veg and to the butchers. It felt really Christmassy and really enjoyed ourselves, especially since we went to the Bakers and got ourselves a cake each for being so good! It did take about 3 hours but it did feel like a day out and the girls were happy in the pram all wrapped up. In all we spent £90 which included Nappies bought from Boots (to get the points), this is compared to a bill of at least £150 if i had gone to Tescos. I bought loads of fruit and veg which i have been busy purreeing for the little one, so I'm feeling really positive!! Ooooh I've also dug out the breadmaker but haven't got round to using it yet!

I will work on my signitiure today once i can work it out!! Hope i can join in with you all this month. The mission is to be able to stay off work, I'm on mat leave at the moment and really don't want to go back. We should be able to survive comfortably on OH's wages but first i have to prove it to him - so thats my mission!!! Wish me luck!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Whew! I'd be shocked too! However-a big welcome because this place will change your life!
    When I think back a year I was spending about £90 pw I think on food- whereas now, Im probably spending about £60.
    Well worth some effort to stay off work and be a SAHM I'm sure a lot would agree!
    You have made a great start by the sounds of it. I spent about 2 hours shopping on Sturday-Old Style of course and got some great bargains in the charity shops.
    So far this months spends on food are £217.39-I won't declare tho as Im going shopping tomorrow in a different area and may or may not return with food. This weeks shop included my Asda delivery. I recommend home delivery if you get too temped by the shops as you can make out a list and stick to it! No temptation. I'm spending what I have saved this month on a new camera-well-towards it anyway. Need to update my spreadsheet as Ive got ALL spending on there and Im going to include a lot more in my grocery budget next year so Im almost ready to calculate it.
    Came home from work today to find dd23 had cooked a nice pasta meal. Couldnt decide if it was chilli or curry or bolognese. It was lovely. 10 of our homegrown chillis went into it along with 2 tins of toms and half a jar of spicy masala sauce. Thats why I couldnt tell what it was but it was like a spicy bolognese is the best description. Very nice and she was worrying whether to use a whole pack(400 or 5oog mince)or half a pack. Glad she used a whole pack as it easily served 6. All the bits of leftover cheese also in it-very yummy and cheap. Glad she is also into this now. She says that when she leaves home she want me to do the shopping or take her shopping for food. I wonder why!
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • 97p left to last until Sunday!!:eek:

So probably no roast chicken this Sunday!:mad:

Mortgage Free in 3 part 2 challenge - pay off £9000
    Sealed Pot Challenge 416 - target £500
  • Hi Folks,

Hope everybody is doing well.

I am now declaring for my november grocery challenge. I managed to spend £80.21 from £90 budget:j

Take care

Money Fritter
    DFW#972 LBM2 (09/07/12) £25938.84; Current £23783.35;
    Credit Credit Card1 £128.47/£6424.24 (2%);
    Credit Card2 £443.86/£15663.25 (2.8%); Overdraft £0/£2500 (0%)
  • candygirlcandygirl Forumite
    29.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm declaring £130/160 this month and want Dec's target to be £130 please mrs M:D
    (((Hugs)) to CATADDICT, AND HUXLEY xxxx:A :A
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D