PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS meet up?

Options

Comments

• Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 10 May 2010 at 1:12PM
    Options
    if only i didn't work till 1pm!!! grrr i'll have to make the next one, :)

IOIWE: let us know if there is a day when you have the morning off and we can have a repeat performance! In the future perhaps we can organise a cream tea at M&S afternoon meet so you can be included!
    Icey77 wrote: »
    :( Can't make a weekday ... but if you're thinking of a weekend one too I'll be there!!

Hope you all have a scrummy lunch! :beer:

Icey77: see you on a weekend then, I hold hope for a warm, sunny summer with a few OS weekend picnics scattered around London!

JackieO, hope to see you then!

From what I heard at the last OS meet and a few answers so far (inc. PMs) it seems likely that the best day is a Thursday, I know that some people cannot do Weds and I cannot usually do Tuesday. Monday is a difficult day usually because homemakers have a lot to catch up after the weekend, so here goes, I am suggesting a date:

Thursday 27th May, 12 noon, in front of the Something Fishy restaurant in Lewisham (near the Clock Tower), here is a link with address and map:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=something+fishy&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=something+fishy&hnear=England,+City+of+London&cid=9697527998884433575

Please let me know if this is ok.
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • Caterina
    Options
    Bump, any more interest re. fish and chips?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 12 May 2010 at 10:40PM
    Options
    Thursdays are good but it depends if I get my car back or not I booked it in yesterday and it goes in on Tuesday 25th May for possibly four days for body work on the bump I had yesterday.if I haven't got my car I will possibly get a train to Blackheath and an 89 down to Lewisham.I know the clock tower ,even though they have moved it to outside where burtons the tailors were.I spent a lot of time groing up in the Lewisham/Blackheath area so it will be nice to see how much its changed over the years,Fingers crossed for a dry day
  • annie123
    annie123 Posts: 4,256 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Dates fine with me Caterina :)
  • Caterina
    Options
    Excellent, two confirmed, anymore? Unless a lot of people cannot make it on that date I shall keep the meet date for 27th May then!
  • Caterina
    Options
    Hello? Anyone else interested?
  • LilacLillie
    LilacLillie Posts: 2,930 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Me! :)
    LL
    We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars........................

• Caterina
    Options
    LilacLillie, about time, I thought you got lost! Glad you are up for it and looking forward to seeing you there! xxx
  • Caterina
    Options
    Just to confirm that the fish and chips meet up in Lewisham is still on, details below:

Thursday 27th May, 12 noon, in front of the Something Fishy restaurant in Lewisham (near the Clock Tower), here is a link with address and map:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?...27998884433575

Hope to see old and new faces there. Anyone who has not been to one of our meets before might want to wear a safety pin VISIBLE so we can recognise you!

I have also updated the first post.
  • Purpleclutterbuck
    Options
    Many thanks for the directions link Caterina!:T

I am hoping to be able to come to the meet up but it depends on a couple of things which I'm hoping to sort out before Thursday.
    If I manage to get there :D:D:D but if I can't make it then:(:(:( -I really would like to escape to meet the OStylers again
    OOoooh! maybe I'll meet some other safety pin owners?
    Pcb x
    May you fill up the great clutterbucket of life and may all of your leaks be in cheese sauce:D
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without:cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport