PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS meet up?

Options
1131132133134135137»

Comments

• katkin
    katkin Posts: 1,020 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    meanmarie wrote: »
    Give me lots ofnotice on a Scottish meet.......had a wonderful day there years ago, had to run for the flight home as they leave early sometimes! Only problem with me is that I would like an early meet, as afternoon might mean that I have to leave soon after everyone gets there.

Marie

Thanks for replying Marie. How much notice and what time of day would be best for you?

Are you thinking of a day trip over and would you fly / ferry?

Post Easter, early summer is (sometimes!) lovely here would that be a good timeframe to plan towards?

What have I got myself into :eek: but I would like to meet up with Old Stylers, we have so much in common! :cool:

Sounds like you all had a great time on your meet up "southerners". Any hints and tips for arranging a meet up for us north of the border posters?
  • M.E.
    M.E. Posts: 680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    2zsctg7.jpg

After the very chatty afternoon at Charlton House, meeting several OS people, Winchelsea and I took the Emirates Cable Car over the River. It was dusk so the photos are blurred but it was a lovely ride. We had the gondola to ourselves and it made a pleasant end to a very pleasant afternoon.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,057 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    M.E. - great photo. I stayed in an hotel very close to there last year, by the ExCel centre and took the same trip across the river to the O2 to see a Bond film. Loved the trip.

Katkin - where about are you?

Think we just need to agree a day / date and venue. And go for it.

:beer:
  • katkin
    katkin Posts: 1,020 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Gers wrote: »
    M.E. - great photo. I stayed in an hotel very close to there last year, by the ExCel centre and took the same trip across the river to the O2 to see a Bond film. Loved the trip.

Katkin - where about are you?

Think we just need to agree a day / date and venue. And go for it.

:beer:

I'm in Ayrshire, i drive and there's good public transport into the city . What about you?
  • Winchelsea
    Options
    Oh, M.E., I'm so glad you were able to post a photo. (Mine all came out blurrier than yours anyway!)
    Keeping three cats, the car and myself on a small budget, and enjoying life while we're at it!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    M.E. great photo, well done ladies for braving the elements today, driving back down the M.2. it was very murky and foggy but well worth the trip. so good to put a face to a user name M.E. you said I was exactly how you imagined I would be :) dunno if that's good or bad :) Everyone was so nice and friendly though its as though we had known each other for yonks,in fact we probably have.Going round the table and saying who we were and what we did was interesting as well, everyone had something to share with the group and bering in mind only a few of us had previously met before I think we all got on like a house on fire

JackieO xx
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,057 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    katkin wrote: »
    I'm in Ayrshire, i drive and there's good public transport into the city . What about you?

I'm in mid-Argyll though I travel to Glasgow often.
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    meanmarie wrote: »
    Give me lots ofnotice on a Scottish meet.......had a wonderful day there years ago, had to run for the flight home as they leave early sometimes! Only problem with me is that I would like an early meet, as afternoon might mean that I have to leave soon after everyone gets there.

Marie

I could possibly do Scotland as well. I'd love an Irish meet as well but there's so few of us
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    OMG M.E. and Winchelsea you are braver than me, I have never been and (if I can possibly help it) will never go on the gondolas, I am so scared of heights! Well done you both and thank you for the lovely photo, at least I know what it looks like from up there, without the need to actually do the crossing!
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone!

Time to think about a new SE London meet up in early 2018, please respond if interested, with ideas for date and venue if you prefer a new venue.

Otherwise it's either the Age Exchange cafe in Blackheath, the cafe in Charlton house or in Mycenae House or even the IKEA restaurant in Croydon.

Usual crafting, bring and share and chatting with likeminded people. Always lots of fun.

I look forward to hearing from all interested and then we can finalise.
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure