PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS meet up?

Options

Comments

• Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Winchelsea meets are OK to have in cafes, pubs, even museums, once we had a meet at the Imperial War Museum! I don't know Bath well enough to suggest anywhere, but I know there are a couple of large department stores with cafes, that might be suitable.

Fran, long time! Good to "see" you, how are things? It would be lovely to meet you again.

FBO maybe someone from Kent way can organise something when you are around, any takers? A trip to Canterbuty would be lovely!
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Would love to go to a meet up......last one I got to was in Bristol, cant remember when, maybe 5 years ago, its a handy venue for me as there are cheap flights from Dublin, there were only about 4 of us there......one lady lived in Bath and was knitting magic loop socks.....was that you Winchelsea???

Enjoy yourselves on Wednesday.....with you and JackieO I know that it will be a party Caterina!

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • bouicca21
    bouicca21 Posts: 6,518 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Isn't there a big park in Bath? Summer picnic?
  • Winchelsea
    Winchelsea Posts: 693 Forumite
    edited 28 January 2017 at 10:34AM
    Options
    meanmarie , yes that was me! I do remember you - was amazed you had flown over! And there were certainly more than four around lunch time.
    I do feel Bristol is a better bet than Bath.
    But, I don't feel up to organising anything. The thought of it brings me out in a sweat! (Yes, hot flushes at 75!)
    It would be good though......
    Keeping three cats, the car and myself on a small budget, and enjoying life while we're at it!
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Caterina wrote: »
    For those who haven't got the info, there is an OS meetup in SE London:

Wednesday 1st February at 2pm at Charlton House tea rooms, London SE7

Link to Charlton House:

https://www.greenwichheritage.org/visit/charlton-house
    You're not outside of my geographical reach, but it's times like this that make me resent work getting in the way of life! Shame it wasn't a Sat afternoon.

Will be with you in spirit, though x
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 28 January 2017 at 8:06PM
    Options
    Marie Just jump on that blimming plane, for goodness sake, since the kids have left we are rattling in this house, plenty of space for you, no excuse! GO ON YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!!!!!!

Winchelsea I seem to recall something about socks on magic loop, I would love to learn, so please make sure you organise a nice OS crafty meet and count me in! It is really easy, all you do is pick a place and then put a notice here on OS, the rest happens by itself. If it was any harder than this you would not see me organising anything, I am very VERY work-shy!

VfM4meplse ah pity, can't you throw a half day sickie? If not, don't worry, we can have a Saturday afternoon meet in the future, we have done some Saturdays before, for those people afflicted by work!

News: there will be two men at the meet, one is Mr Caterina and the other is Mr LilacLillie, iso if you want to bring a man along we can sit them all together and then we can get on with the business of having a good chinwag!

Only 4 sleeps to the day!
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • Winchelsea
    Options
    Ok Caterina, I'll think about it.
    Watch this space!
    Keeping three cats, the car and myself on a small budget, and enjoying life while we're at it!
  • melanzana
    melanzana Posts: 3,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 29 January 2017 at 1:18AM
    Options
    Anonymity is there for a reason isn't it?

But each to their own.

PMs are still allowed last time I looked.

Very rare that people will give up their anonymity. But I may be wrong about that.
  • honeythewitch
    Options
    melanzana wrote: »
    Anonymity is there for a reason isn't it?

But each to their own.

PMs are still allowed last time I looked.

Very rare that people will give up their anonymity. But I may be wrong about that.

I am not sure why we need to be anonymous to talk about shopping or recipes? :D
    Anyway, if people were desperate to hide their identity they could always just stick to their user names.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I've never had a problem folk knowing who I am and I have met a good few folk on here,the first time was up in Blackpool about 10 years ago when I drove up there for a week-end meeting and we all had a great time :):):)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure