PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS meet up?

Options

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,107 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry, definitely can't come, and having been off work for over a week with a nasty chest infection atm I'm not feeling up to organising a Bristol meet. Who did the last one? So long ago I can't remember ...
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are poorly, everybody seems to be getting this nasty virus. DH and I had it during the Christmas hols, staying in Italy with my mum. Hope you get better soon. Cannot remember who organised the last Bristol meet, ah well I hope you can make future meets in London, or let me know if someone organises one further West xx
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • Caterina
    Options
    Bump again, not long now!
  • Caterina
    Options
    For those who haven't got the info, there is an OS meetup in SE London:

Wednesday 1st February at 2pm at Charlton House tea rooms, London SE7

Link to Charlton House:

https://www.greenwichheritage.org/visit/charlton-house
  • Caterina
    Options
    BUMP

So far only Bouicca, JackieO and me. Anyone else welcome, it is usually quite fun to meet in person!
  • Winchelsea
    Options
    I came to a meet-up in Bristol several years ago - we met at Wetherspoons (the Commercial Rooms?) and ended up spending nearly all day there.
    Had a great time, and have often thought it would be nice to do again.
    You were there Savvy Sue!
    So next week's meet seems tempting, but I'm another one getting over a chest infection (5th week now!), so zooming off to the London area is not on at the moment.

But, another time hopefully!
    Keeping three cats, the car and myself on a small budget, and enjoying life while we're at it!
  • Caterina
    Options
    Winchelsea we probably met because I went to a few of the Bristol meets, but cannot remember you, I am afraid. Sorry you are not well, get better soon and I am sure there will be more opportunities. I notice you are in Bath, how about organising a meet there, I bet a lot of people would come, it is such a lovely place!
  • Winchelsea
    Options
    Yes Caterina, I feel sure you were there, but it was nearly five years ago ( I know it was a couple of months after my husband died), so I can't bring you to mind, sorry!
    A meet up in Bath? Hmmmm...... But where?
    Everywhere here is either full of tourists, or very expensive, or both! I always struggle to find places to take visitors, unless it's only two or three.
    Keeping three cats, the car and myself on a small budget, and enjoying life while we're at it!
  • Fran
    Fran Posts: 11,281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Caterina, Savvy_ Sue and others I have met (or not met).

I would be interested in a meet again, I went to Bristol to one of the meet ups there too. London is a big hassle for someone from outside (if you aren't familiar), so I would be more interested if attending some event or something at the same time.
    Torgwen.......... :) ...........
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry Caterina would have been absolutely ideal for me the following week. Tax deadline Tuesday. I'll be lucky to make it out of the office before midnight. No way I'm going to be up for coming down.

I'll be down the 1st week in March if anyone down there fancies a meet up. I'll probably be down near Canterbury for a day or so.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family