PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS meet up?

Options

Comments

• Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Melanzana of course, each to their own, some people feel they have to stay anonymous for years (forever, even) when on a forum, some others, like myself and a few more, don't mind meeting up and becoming RL friends. Through the OS meets I have made friends for life and even if I see some of them only occasionally there is always something else to discuss and when we meet it is like we only left each other the day before.

I am not sure what you mean about PMs, of course if you want to communicate via PMs it is fine, but for some of us it does not matter too much. I have always posted with my own real name and it does not bother me in the least, but would never ask anyone to abandon their anonymity.

When online, I normally refer to people who come to the OS meetups by their own chosen online names, even if I know their RL names, to protect their anonymity, it is not for me to decide if they want to disclose their own identity, I don't understand where is the problem.
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • Winchelsea
    Options
    Not coughing so much, so MAY consider coming on Wednesday.
    (Possibly!)
    Keeping three cats, the car and myself on a small budget, and enjoying life while we're at it!
  • Caterina
    Options
    You will find that probably most of us will still be coughing, the virus that has done the rounds takes a lot of time to shake off completely. It would be good to see you.
  • bouicca21
    bouicca21 Posts: 6,518 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well keep your coughs to yourselves! So far I have avoided it and I'd like to keep it that way.:)

I am coming on the bus and I think it might take an hour, so will be instantly recognisable as having a delicate green tinge to my complexion. You'll grow out of travel sickness they said when I was a child, but I never did.
  • M.E.
    M.E. Posts: 680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I will be coming. Long time no see Caterina!
    I shall wear a safety pin on my lapel !
    :rotfl::rotfl:
    Coming by bus from norf of the river after my U3A meeting in the morning, so might be after 2pm.
    Looking forward to meeting you all
  • Caterina
    Options
    Bouicca I think that for the most part the cough is a remnant of the lurgy but no longer infective, just the chest still being a bit irritable.

ME Great you are coming, long time no see! You will have to reintroduce yourself to me, I am so bad at recognising faces!

The cafe closes at 4 so I hope you will all be able to make it as near as 2 pm as possible.

I will need to leave around 4:30.
  • Caterina
    Options
    See you all tomorrow! Xx
  • katkin
    katkin Posts: 1,020 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I'd love to meet up with some of you. Have a great day tomorrow!

Is there anyone who would consider a Glasgow meet up?
  • Winchelsea
    Options
    Just found a safety pin......
    And deciding to wear my red raincoat.....
    Keeping three cats, the car and myself on a small budget, and enjoying life while we're at it!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    See you all later today ,lots of cheerful chat and coffee what could be nicer on a wet Wednesday in February

JackieO xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport