PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS meet up?

Options

Comments

• bouicca21
    bouicca21 Posts: 6,518 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm here already. At the round table. Long green cardicoat.
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thank you for the good wishes, Katkin.

And a big thank you to all who came, braved the damp weather and the long bus journeys and even the long train journey in Winchelsea's case. It was lovely as always to see old and new OSers and, as always, rediscover that we are of one mind, no matter how different our individual circumstances.

Roll on the next one!
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm glad it went all right! Really sorry I couldn't be there, but maybe next time :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 1 February 2017 at 6:49PM
    Options
    hello everyone just got back from a really nice afternoon ,great to see old faces and some new ones Well done winchelsea for coming so far I hope you get home OK and bouicca21 I shall give the candle recycling a go :).considering it was at one point only going to be about 3 or 4 of us there was a great turn out and thank you so much for getting us all together Caterina (nice to see a couple of chaps there as well :):)).
    A lovely afternoon with coffee and cake what more could anyone want and all you lurkers come out of the shadows and join in 'gatecrasher ' you must join asap :):):)

Cheers everyone

JackieO xxx
  • bouicca21
    bouicca21 Posts: 6,518 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Wot Jackie said. It was good to meet you all.
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    katkin wrote: »
    I'd love to meet up with some of you. Have a great day tomorrow!

Is there anyone who would consider a Glasgow meet up?

Me. :D There's also Camelot,Gers, and Speky close.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,084 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options

I'm up for it. Only in Glasgow some weekends, more lately but DM is on the mend so usually every fortnight.

:)
  • Winchelsea
    Options
    On the train, west of Reading somewhere. Thanks for a great afternoon everyone.
    Tried to post a pic for you, but obviously not clever enough. After we left you. M.E. and I had an aerial adventure - crossed the Thames in the Emirates cable car thingy! Exciting, especially as all the lights showed up really well with it being dusk. So, took pictures - shame you can't see one!
    Hope you have all got home OK.
    Keeping three cats, the car and myself on a small budget, and enjoying life while we're at it!
  • katkin
    katkin Posts: 1,020 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

Gers I'm not sure how to do a multiple quote. But thanks for posting with FurryBeastOz.

I felt a bit silly asking about a Scottish meet up, even though we are a wee tiny country, it's takes ages to travel if you are rural, islander etc.

How do we go about it? A weekend day is good for me too, we'd need plenty of notice to round up a posse and get a day that suits most.

Is Glasgow central enough? I wondered about Stirling?

All suggestions welcome! :cool:
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Give me lots ofnotice on a Scottish meet.......had a wonderful day there years ago, had to run for the flight home as they leave early sometimes! Only problem with me is that I would like an early meet, as afternoon might mean that I have to leave soon after everyone gets there.

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family