PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS meet up?

Options

Comments

• ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    annie123 wrote: »
    If any of them have any articles on household sewing, I'd be very grateful :)

I'm not sure but I'll have a look - I presume you mean things like curtains and cushions? :)

I believe the meet-up is from 1p.m. until 4p.m., I'm sure that's what Caterina said on an earlier page. I keep forgetting to check whether there are engineering works on the line between here and Blackheath this weekend, and if there are I may be a bit late as will have to use replacement bus service instead.

Don't worry, purpleclutterbuck - it sounds as if there will be at least 5 or 6 of us!

Looking forward to seeing Caterina and LilacLillie again and meeting the rest of you :j
  • LilacLillie
    LilacLillie Posts: 2,930 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It looks like a 1pm meet up, but if you get there earlier I'm sure you'll have lots of things to look at.
    It really is a nice place, if the weather is good the little garden out back is lovely.
    LL
    We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars........................

• Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 15 April 2010 at 9:01PM
    Options
    Hi all

Icey, we will think of you, see you at the next one hopefully!

Ivyleaf, yes please to the sewing mags, I love sewing even if I am not very good at it.

The meeting is from 1pm to 4pm (when they close the centre - but we can move to the pub across the road if you want!) to give everybody time to get up and get ready without having to leave home at the crack of dawn!

All the details and how to get there are in the first post of the thread.

I shall bring a few books, maybe mags if I have any, and seeds to share.

Had a lovely fish and chips meal with LilacLillie, perhaps next time we ought to meet at the Something Fishy in Lewisham on a Saturday for lunch!

See you all on Saturday xxx
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • Caterina
    Options
    Bump for any new takers, tomorrow (Saturday) is our OS SE London meet, all welcome, details in the first post.

See you tomorrow, old and new OSers!
  • ifonlyitwaseasier
    Options
    eeek sorry i've only just noticed this,

i've promised OH he can go shopping for new trainers and that i'll buy brekkie!!

Caterina, can you drop me a pm for the next one as i''m all scatterbrained atm

:D
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• Caterina
    Options
    Awww ioiwe, what a pity you did not see it! We will be there from 1 to 4 pm, can you not squeeze the shopping and brekkie in the morning and then come to see us in the afternoon?

To be honest I am not sure I would remember to drop you a pm for the next one, I might or might not, as my memory is not great, sorry! But if I remember I shall do so for sure.

Love

Caterina xxx
  • annie123
    annie123 Posts: 4,256 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    eeek sorry i've only just noticed this,

i've promised OH he can go shopping for new trainers and that i'll buy brekkie!!

Caterina, can you drop me a pm for the next one as i''m all scatterbrained atm

:D

Thought it might be a bit far for you, I'll send you a message for the next one;)

Or go shopping early and hop over. Must be some footie he can watch on the telly in the afternoon:D

Caterina I'll be there between 1 and 2 pm depending on the buses;)
  • ifonlyitwaseasier
    Options
    lol, it is a morning trip but i'm making pasties for dinner and promised i'd do cakes too, :D never mind, i must just be more vigilant in watching the thread

ty annie :)
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    lol, it is a morning trip but i'm making pasties for dinner and promised i'd do cakes too, :D never mind, i must just be more vigilant in watching the thread

ty annie :)
    you can always subscribe to the thread and get an email when it's updated. That's the only way I keep up - until a new thread is started!

I'd drag Mr ioiwe along with me, if he's had brekkie AND trainers he should be OK to come and meet your mad friends.

I'm away seeing my mother but probably couldn't have managed it anyway, we've been away / are being away a lot lately.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • ifonlyitwaseasier
    Options
    Savvy_Sue wrote: »
    you can always subscribe to the thread and get an email when it's updated. That's the only way I keep up - until a new thread is started!

I'd drag Mr ioiwe along with me, if he's had brekkie AND trainers he should be OK to come and meet your mad friends.

I'm away seeing my mother but probably couldn't have managed it anyway, we've been away / are being away a lot lately.

lol he came to the last one at the IWM :D
    i kind of owe him the treats as he's doing a LOT of ot at the mo, i'll just have to wait for Caterina to update the thread (and i am subscribed but haven't been online as much as i'd like recently to spot it or emails :( )
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    !!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure