We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Electronic Cigarette

Options

Comments

• jeannieblue
    jeannieblue Posts: 4,761 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    watters01 wrote: »
    Good luck jeannie - and all the best:rotfl:But to be honest cant imagine anything worse than smoking chocolate - just seems wrong.
    Didn't appeal to me either....... but guess you could just sort of 'suck' it! They do mint too.
    Genie
    Master Technician
  • jeannieblue
    Options
    Right well having read through all the comments on here I have just ordered one to try out.
    Fingers crossed its as good as some of the comments here suggest.
    I know........ my fingers and legs are crossed too!

We must all keep in touch, passing on all good and negative comments too and passing on tips. I've no experience of any of this but hopefully will have soon and hope that it is all good!
    Genie
    Master Technician
  • watters01
    watters01 Posts: 307 Forumite
    Options
    I know........ my fingers and legs are crossed too!

We must all keep in touch, passing on all good and negative comments too and passing on tips. I've no experience of any of this but hopefully will have soon and hope that it is all good!

Got to say my e-cig battery has run out so i am smoking again :mad: so i would say if you are a heavy smoker ( like me) get an extra battery.
    I think its a great idea that we keep in touch and update each other on our progress - look forward to hearing from you and good luck x
  • medders2604
    Options
    watters01 how many e-cig's did you get out of one battery charge? Is it strange going back to normal ciggies after the e-cig?
    Will def keep you updated, postage is approx 2 days so will hopefully arrive by Wednesday!
    :D:rolleyes:;):cool::o:rolleyes:;):o:o:cool:
  • watters01
    Options
    watters01 how many e-cig's did you get out of one battery charge? Is it strange going back to normal ciggies after the e-cig?
    Will def keep you updated, postage is approx 2 days so will hopefully arrive by Wednesday!

The e-cig that i got stays charged for about a day - but i havet found it to be consistant - the pack says that each cartridge is the equivalent to about 40 cigarettes but ive found that each one is about 4 or 5 cigarettes - and no it isnt strange having a normal cig after using it (for me) because the e-cig is so similar to smoking ! Not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing
  • jeannieblue
    Options
    I ditto all of medders questions!!

Can you recharge battery on cigarette lighter in car? If so, how ironic! :D

Guess get all spares from original seller? Oksmokey's website is ok - but I found I couldn't order from it for some reason and went via ebay. Bit frustrating, but did email them via 'contact us' on their site and got a response within a couple of hours.
    Genie
    Master Technician
  • watters01
    Options
    I ditto all of medders questions!!

Can you recharge battery on cigarette lighter in car? If so, how ironic! :D

Guess get all spares from original seller? Oksmokey's website is ok - but I found I couldn't order from it for some reason and went via ebay. Bit frustrating, but did email them via 'contact us' on their site and got a response within a couple of hours.

I have seen some e- cig packages that have car chargers but they take a long time to charge - if you are a heavy smoker you are better off buying two batteries
  • parki
    parki Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    I got my e cig last week havent had a normal ciggie in 5 days.Ive now ordered the liquid nicotine to top the cartriges up.Anyone tried this its a lot cheaper but the e cig is working a treat house dosent stink of smoke or clothes now.I went into 2 pubs yesterday and everyone was very curious about it.I was having to explain how it worked to everyone,but nothing was said by the staff,as they are wanting one.It was great not having to keep going outside.:j
  • jeannieblue
    Options
    parki wrote: »
    I got my e cig last week havent had a normal ciggie in 5 days.Ive now ordered the liquid nicotine to top the cartriges up.Anyone tried this its a lot cheaper but the e cig is working a treat house dosent stink of smoke or clothes now.I went into 2 pubs yesterday and everyone was very curious about it.I was having to explain how it worked to everyone,but nothing was said by the staff,as they are wanting one.It was great not having to keep going outside.:j

I can't wait to get mine - I am dreading being disapponted! I am hopeful but cannot imagine getting that 'hit' that you get from a normal ciggie when you've been a work and escape after several hours! How sad am I... :o

Edit: Out of interest, what flavour or strength did you go for? Oksmokey recommend virginia to me..
    Genie
    Master Technician
  • parki
    parki Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    I got vanilla and Marlborough .The liquid nicotine ive ordered Marlborough in the 11m and they go up to 36m.That must be wicked wouldnt dare try that strengh.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport