We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Electronic Cigarette

Options

Comments

• BrianTay
    Options
    Seems like they are comming out of the woodwork the anti smoking loby that is, perhaps it would be better directed at trying to stop hard drug abuse.

I was looking for myself to see if anyone can reccomend a certain product as there are a welth of these things about now, can anyone help.
    Regards,
    Brian.
  • watters01
    watters01 Posts: 307 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone tried them? And if so, how, what and where?? :D

Appreciate all comments!

Thanks

I just got my e- cig delivered today and my initial thoughts are that im pretty hopefull it will keep me off cigarettes. - It is really realistic and because you are actually inhaling and exhaling "smoke" you get the hit of nicotine and the satisfaction you get from having a real cigarette.
    I have tried every nicotine replacement going and this is my favourite by far simply because in actuality you arent giving up smoking - you are just stopping smoking real cigs.
    I got my e- cig from ebay its called MINI CIGARETTE it cost £15 ( i didnt want to go for the really expensive ones in case it was rubbish)
    So far well worth the money.
    Definately not the ideal way to stop smoking but if like me you have tried everything else i would say to give it a go.
    Hope that info helps you.
  • jeannieblue
    jeannieblue Posts: 4,761 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    watters01 wrote: »
    I just got my e- cig delivered today and my initial thoughts are that im pretty hopefull it will keep me off cigarettes. - It is really realistic and because you are actually inhaling and exhaling "smoke" you get the hit of nicotine and the satisfaction you get from having a real cigarette.
    I have tried every nicotine replacement going and this is my favourite by far simply because in actuality you arent giving up smoking - you are just stopping smoking real cigs.
    I got my e- cig from ebay its called MINI CIGARETTE it cost £15 ( i didnt want to go for the really expensive ones in case it was rubbish)
    So far well worth the money.
    Definately not the ideal way to stop smoking but if like me you have tried everything else i would say to give it a go.
    Hope that info helps you.
    Is it a lot of faffing about??

I've seen 'videos' - but sadly without sound.. :o and it all looks complicated etc. And I work long hours and don't want too much extra hassle - can you explain (if poss please, as am stupid), what you actually have to do to 'set' them up etc.?

Do you have a link to what you have bought??

Appreciate the help. Thanks.
    Genie
    Master Technician
  • annie123
    annie123 Posts: 4,256 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

Hello, another smoker here hoping to be ex smoker soon.
    I have emailed the seller, want to know which type of cartridge replaces my cigs and will then get one to try.
    I have used the inhalator on long hall flights but will try this one too.
    Will post back here when I have it and have tried it.
  • watters01
    Options

No this is the one that i got http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/E-Cig-Mini-Electronic-Cigarette-Kit-5-CARTRIDGES_W0QQitemZ350162269428QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Health_HealthCare_RL?hash=item350162269428&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1121%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

But it hasnt stopped me smoking completley - but i have cut down, bearing in mind it has only been a couple of days.
    The set up is quite simple the battery comes fully charged so you just have to put your nicotine capsule in and screw the whole thing together - does come with instructions. The strange part is that then you have to puff on the cigarette 16 times within 1 minute !! (bit harsh on the lungs) i think this is to "set" the whole thing.
    I have found that the cigarette will only let me take a satisfactory amount of "drags" or puffs on it every hour or so - so if you are a heavy smoker buy 2
    Overall i am quite pleased with it but i can only find refills of the cartridges in china.
    Not sure it will stop me smoking completley but any cigarette it stops me from smoking is a bonus.
  • watters01
    Options
    bluevelvet wrote: »
    Could have sworn i posted this question yesterday,i bet i forgot to click submit reply:o If its not allowed to ask this then i am sorry and could you remove it again,that is if i posted it in the first place:o I asked where do you get the cartridges that contain the nicotine from after you have run out of the ones that come with the pack?I do not smoke but i was thinking about these for a friend who's trying to pack in.Can you buy them in a high street shop or do you need to buy them over the internet like from ebay?

The only refills i have been able to find are on ebay from a supplier in china - but i have no idea if you can buy e-cigs on the high street- i could be wrong but i dont think they have been approved in the same way as other nicotine replacement things because and this is a WARNING - THE REFILL CARTRIDGES FOR E-CIGARETTES CONTAIN ENOUGH NICOTINE TO KILL A SMALL CHILD IF INGESTED - KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN.

Or this is what i read on one website - i am heeding this warning and keeping well away from my daughter.
  • watters01
    watters01 Posts: 307 Forumite
    Options
    bluevelvet wrote: »
    Just had a browse round ebay.Does this ebay shop have the cartridges that you need,there seems to be a lot for the mini cig

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/The-Electronic-Cigarette-Store

Yep those are the ones - thanks -ill order from there in future.
  • jeannieblue
    jeannieblue Posts: 4,761 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I can't see any point buying the kit if can't get the cartridges/refills afterwards - and puffing 16 times to get it going?? I would be smoking more than I do normally....

I'm still doing research and hoping for some good info soon........... and good places to purchase etc.
    Genie
    Master Technician
  • fimg
    fimg Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Hi - I have bought one of these (the DSE-901) and I think it is brilliant! I've been a heavy smoker for 30 years and find it a perfectly acceptable substitute. I also bought some smoking liquid to refill the cartridges which makes it much much cheaper to use too!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport