We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Electronic Cigarette

Options

Comments

• fimg
    fimg Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    By the way the DSE-901 is available from loads of places and made by several different companies. Just google it. :-)
  • watters01
    watters01 Posts: 307 Forumite
    Options
    Well day four with my e- cigarette and only had 1 "real" cigarette !!! (would normally have had about 7 or 8 by now)
    Dare i say it but me thinks it is working:j
  • watters01
    Options
    fimg wrote: »
    Hi - I have bought one of these (the DSE-901) and I think it is brilliant! I've been a heavy smoker for 30 years and find it a perfectly acceptable substitute. I also bought some smoking liquid to refill the cartridges which makes it much much cheaper to use too!

Good idea - have just ordered some liquid nicotine .Im guessing that you would just put a few drops in to saturate the foam inside the cartridge - is that right ?
  • jeannieblue
    jeannieblue Posts: 4,761 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    watters01 wrote: »
    Well day four with my e- cigarette and only had 1 "real" cigarette !!! (would normally have had about 7 or 8 by now)
    Dare i say it but me thinks it is working:j
    I've just ordered the mini one from Oksmokey via Ebay - comes with 5 cartridges but doesn't state what ones.... (paid 24.95 postage free).

The fluid comes in lots of flavours etc. - how do you know what to choose? Same with the cartridges...
    Genie
    Master Technician
  • watters01
    Options
    I've just ordered the mini one from Oksmokey via Ebay - comes with 5 cartridges but doesn't state what ones.... (paid 24.95 postage free).

The fluid comes in lots of flavours etc. - how do you know what to choose? Same with the cartridges...

Mine came with 5 cartridges aswell - 2 high nicotine 1 medium - 1 low and 1 no nicotine.
    They dont say that they have a specific flavour but it tastes quite similar to what i would normally smoke so i have just ordered the same in liquid form.
    I suppose that you will just have to try different ones out and find out what you like but i personally dont think i would find it a satisfying substitute if it tasted like apple or something.
  • fimg
    fimg Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Good idea - have just ordered some liquid nicotine .Im guessing that you would just put a few drops in to saturate the foam inside the cartridge - is that right ?

Yes, exactly! Really easy = although would recommend to anyone getting an electronic ciggy to get a couple extra batteries at some point cos running out is v annoying.
    I am SO happy with mine :j
  • watters01
    Options
    fimg wrote: »
    Yes, exactly! Really easy = although would recommend to anyone getting an electronic ciggy to get a couple extra batteries at some point cos running out is v annoying.
    I am SO happy with mine :j

Fimg - Have you stopped smoking "real" cigarettes completely then ?
  • jeannieblue
    jeannieblue Posts: 4,761 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mine came with 5 cartridges aswell - 2 high nicotine 1 medium - 1 low and 1 no nicotine.
    They dont say that they have a specific flavour but it tastes quite similar to what i would normally smoke so i have just ordered the same in liquid form.
    I suppose that you will just have to try different ones out and find out what you like but i personally dont think i would find it a satisfying substitute if it tasted like apple or something.
    I just want a 'ciggie' flavour for now - but on Oksmokey site, you can get chocolate - something to tempt us with in the future .. :D

They just emailed me in reply to some questions I had, think I have it sorted, for now. Just got to wait to receive it all and hope that I get on with it! Fingers crossed.
    Genie
    Master Technician
  • watters01
    Options
    I just want a 'ciggie' flavour for now - but on Oksmokey site, you can get chocolate - something to tempt us with in the future .. :D

They just emailed me in reply to some questions I had, think I have it sorted, for now. Just got to wait to receive it all and hope that I get on with it! Fingers crossed.

Good luck jeannie - and all the best:rotfl:But to be honest cant imagine anything worse than smoking chocolate - just seems wrong.
  • medders2604
    Options
    Right well having read through all the comments on here I have just ordered one to try out.
    Fingers crossed its as good as some of the comments here suggest.
    :D:rolleyes:;):cool::o:rolleyes:;):o:o:cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family