New Kaupthing CHAPS/BACS Transfers discussion - Friday 24th October

Options

Comments

• 2little2late
    Options
    mrarnald wrote: »
    I have to say, in relation to the problems with 2little2late and wantage_boy , whether they really have any real significance now to the original reason for this thread, which was established when peoples money, mine included just disappeared and ended up in the ether for up to five weeks when we transfered it out of our KE accounts.

The problem here seems to be that KE did in fact release the money but due to incorrect account details the money has in the case of wantage_boy been bounced back and in the case of 2little2late it is sitting somewhere with City bank.

If KE were given incorrect details,whatever your thoughts on them they cannot be held responsible. You are told this when you set up payment details on any internet banking. Well its now been said and in any event if it gets some response it will at least liven up this string, which seems to have died a death.
    your SYMPATHY is duly noted and your assumptions out of order.
  • mrarnald
    mrarnald Posts: 108 Forumite
    Options
    your SYMPATHY is duly noted and your assumptions out of order.

Further to this reply from 2little2late I got a nasty! private message accusing me of being a troll. Did not have the decency to make it public..
    I was only making what i thought, a legitimate observation on the last few names on biggs list.
    I have no wish or desire now to stay and support this kind of person.
    I thank all of you that gave me support over the last few months (without I would not have seen it through) and wish you all a merry Christmas.

2little2late I do hope you get your money back very soon now.
    Chaps requested 8th October : money left my account 8th October : £20 chaps fee deducted : destination account Halifax : Chaps fee of 20 re-funded to my KE account 27th October but dated 8th October: On the spreadsheet and received generic e-mail 29th October. Funds paid to my linked account 4th November
  • 2little2late
    Options
    One of my withdrawls from October 7th has now bounced back to my KE account, don't know whether to laugh or cry. Unsure whether to let it lie for a while or to move it quickly. Worried they may snatch it as happened with another of our number.

Any advice woould be welcome.

Thanks for the support guys.
  • bmwalker340
    Options
    MSE_Dan wrote: »
    Hi guys - so far 2 people have contacted me and I have passed their details to ING. Wantage boy, and anyone else still waiting, please send me your details and i will dop the same

thanks Dan, someone from KE has just rang me, he mentioned he'd rang me as a result of your correspondence to ING. However he couldn't really help, but just promised to keep me informed and would hopefully be in touch over the next few days. Thank you for your intervention Dan, it seems to have given them a nudge. :T
  • PanicButton
    Options
    Further to this reply from 2little2late I got a nasty! private message accusing me of being a troll. Did not have the decency to make it public..
    I was only making what i thought, a legitimate observation on the last few names on biggs list.
    I have no wish or desire now to stay and support this kind of person.
    I thank all of you that gave me support over the last few months (without I would not have seen it through) and wish you all a merry Christmas.

2little2late I do hope you get your money back very soon now.

Sorry to hear you are leaving mrarnald and especially under these circumstances; you certainly were a great support to me during my "wait"! Perhaps you'll reconsider? 2little2late, here's hoping you get a resolution soon but in the meantime remember that a number of us are still lurking, keeping a watch and occasionally posting in support.
  • bigg
    bigg Posts: 654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A BIG PUSH IS NEEDED THIS WEEK TO CLEAR THE LIST
    PLEASE PM ME IF YOUR NAME SHOULD BE ON THE LATEST LIST Of People Still Wating For Their Money To Be Transferred

2little2late CitiBank BACS 7/10/08 (Contacted MSE helpline 14/11/08)
    Mrs rep BACS 13/10/08. Money returned to KE account
    Wantage_boy Lloyds/ TSB

I have reduced the list to 3 people. Please let me know by midnight tonight, your latest status for being on the list. Please help to keep the list accurate by PMing me your details. I scan through all the posts but may not read each one intently. 3 people to go.

Please supply:
    The type of transfer, BACS or CHAPS.
    The date you initiated the transfer and/ or retried.
    The linked destination bank.
    If you can/ cannot see the money in one of the accounts.
    If or when you contacted the MSE Helpline below.
    Any other information that will help in bringing this story to a speedy close.

There is a new MSE Helpline at Kaupthing Edge (set up, thanks to Martin): 08451 31 32 34
    IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ POSTS #2882 and #2889
  • 2little2late
    Options
    I have just transferred £1.00 from my KE account to my nominated account (now correct in every way). Previously there was no record of any transaction displayed and most importantly no transaction reference.
    This has now appeared to have been rectified, print it of course after each withdrawl, and the electronic trail is evident.

Hope this helps guys, I will sleep easier.
  • theFury
    theFury Posts: 173 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am stunned this sorry saga is still running! I had to wait over 3 weeks for my money to finally turn up, I think I would have gone insane waiting for 3 months like the poor people left. Just what the hell is the hold up???
    No more offshore banking for me :rolleyes:
  • bigg
    bigg Posts: 654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A BIG PUSH IS NEEDED THIS WEEK TO CLEAR THE LIST
    PLEASE PM ME IF YOUR NAME SHOULD BE ON THE LATEST LIST Of People Still Wating For Their Money To Be Transferred

2little2late CitiBank BACS 7/10/08 Money back in KE(Contacted MSE helpline 14/11/08)
    bmwalker340 BACS 25/09/08
    Wantage_boy Lloyds/ TSB

Please help to keep the list accurate by PMing me your details. I scan through all the posts but may not read each one intently. 1 off, 1 on, still 3 people to go.

Please supply:
    The type of transfer, BACS or CHAPS.
    The date you initiated the transfer and/ or retried.
    The linked destination bank.
    If you can/ cannot see the money in one of the accounts.
    If or when you contacted the MSE Helpline below.
    Any other information that will help in bringing this story to a speedy close.

There is a new MSE Helpline at Kaupthing Edge (set up, thanks to Martin): 08451 31 32 34
    IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ POSTS #2882 and #2889
  • mrarnald
    mrarnald Posts: 108 Forumite
    Options
    Further to this reply from 2little2late I got private message

To be fair 2little2late did contact me again with an appology.
    I bear no offence and will again continue here till everyone is paid.
    Chaps requested 8th October : money left my account 8th October : £20 chaps fee deducted : destination account Halifax : Chaps fee of 20 re-funded to my KE account 27th October but dated 8th October: On the spreadsheet and received generic e-mail 29th October. Funds paid to my linked account 4th November
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure