New Kaupthing CHAPS/BACS Transfers discussion - Friday 24th October

Options

Comments

• 2little2late
    Options
    We are still waiting for our money after it was bounced back to KE due to an error with the linked account. KE will not even confirm the money is safely sat in a suspense account, let alone credit it back to our account. FOS complaint form completed and next action is to write to local MP and press - I would urge others still waiting to do the same.

We could also consider taking joint legal action against KE to claim compensation for distress - this would certainly get some big press attention and maybe, just maybe, they'll give us our own money back then!

Similar situation here only the receiving bank havn't bounced it back, or at least there is no tangible evidence to suggest they have. I am told the administrators are handling the problem and Citibank, the receiving bank, are not being very helpful. All I can get out of Citibank is that they are looking for the money in suspense accounts, been looking 6 weeks now!

I have opened a FOS complaint against ING which has been passed to KE and is being handled by the administrators. I wonder if I should raise one against Citibank as well but am concerned that it might cloud the issue. Still it's only my life savings!!!!!

Suggest you keep copies of all correspondance to all parties plus make note of dates, conversations and names etc, FOS will need it if push comes to shove, information is power.
  • bigg
    bigg Posts: 654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A BIG PUSH IS NEEDED THIS WEEK TO CLEAR THE LIST
    PLEASE PM ME IF YOUR NAME SHOULD BE ON THE LATEST LIST Of People Still Wating For Their Money To Be Transferred

2little2late CitiBank BACS 7/10/08 (Contacted MSE helpline 14/11/08)
    amjreeder Barclays CHAPS 7/10/08
    Doppleganger Citibank7/10/08. Returned to KE
    jongilly CHAPS into KE 21/10/ 08. Money disappeared.
    pink_walker 15/10/08. Still waiting
    Mrs rep BACS 13/10/08. Money returned to KE account
    Wantage_boy Lloyds/ TSB

The names in red have confirmed their status. I am still waiting to hear from the people in green. Please help to keep the list accurate by PMing me your details. I scan through all the posts but may not read each one intently. 7 people to go.

Please supply:
    The type of transfer, BACS or CHAPS.
    The date you initiated the transfer and/ or retried.
    The linked destination bank.
    If you can/ cannot see the money in one of the accounts.
    If or when you contacted the MSE Helpline below.
    Any other information that will help in bringing this story to a speedy close.

There is a new MSE Helpline at Kaupthing Edge (set up, thanks to Martin): 08451 31 32 34
    IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ POSTS #2882 and #2889

This list was compiled with some great help from joanniepony. :T

[FONT=&quot]I’d also like to thank my family, my stylist, my personal trainer, my manager, my agent and all my fan. :D[/FONT]
  • Vectra
    Vectra Posts: 152 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is that seven still waiting for their money ?

Good luck" lets hope tomorrow brings an end
    to this terrible waiting.
  • jacara2
    jacara2 Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    Vectra wrote: »
    Is that seven still waiting for their money ?

Good luck" lets hope tomorrow brings an end
    to this terrible waiting.

Been away for 10 days,can't believe people still waiting!!!
    Legal action must be the only option now.
    Hope there's good news soon!!!
  • Former_MSE_Dan
    Options
    Hello folks,

We've been following this as ever, and working with ING for a solution to push the last few through.

Could anyone who is still waiting for money please PM me with a contact name and number that I can pass onto ING. I appreiate they will probably already have this, but the few emergency cases we have tackled like this have been pretty fast successes, so my fingers are tightly crossed that this will work.

If any other of the regular readers of this thread can help get the message out to the remaining 7, that would be awesome.

Cheers

Dan
    Former MSE team member
  • Ippylady
    Ippylady Posts: 390 Forumite
    Options
    Can't still believe this thread is still going, I keep popping back checking to see how it's going, I hope ING/KE/Administrators hurry up and sort this ridiculous mess out, for heavens sake it's nearly CHRISTMAS, that's nearly three months since this farce started!!!
    Good luck to you who are waiting.
  • easteregg_2
    Options
    We are still waiting for our money after it was bounced back to KE due to an error with the linked account. KE will not even confirm the money is safely sat in a suspense account, let alone credit it back to our account. FOS complaint form completed and next action is to write to local MP and press - I would urge others still waiting to do the same.

We could also consider taking joint legal action against KE to claim compensation for distress - this would certainly get some big press attention and maybe, just maybe, they'll give us our own money back then!

I believe the FSO will only get involved if you have NOT started legal proceedings. I would suggest you go down the FSO route first as legal action will be very expensive. I'm still waiting for compensation and they stated it will take 8 weeks for them to reply to me.

I believe for every FSO complaint it costs the business £450 so even the threat carries some weight.
  • Former_MSE_Dan
    Options
    Hi guys - so far 2 people have contacted me and I have passed their details to ING. Wantage boy, and anyone else still waiting, please send me your details and i will dop the same
    Former MSE team member
  • ontherun_2
    Options
    Hi peeps

Been stuck on an oil rig & couldn't get access to the site. For some reason it's banned :eek:

Can't beleive that this is still going on! What are the latest excuses? or do they just not bother informing anyone anymore!

Good luck

OTR
    Non illigitamus carborundum!!
  • mrarnald
    mrarnald Posts: 108 Forumite
    Options
    I have to say, in relation to the problems with 2little2late and wantage_boy , whether they really have any real significance now to the original reason for this thread, which was established when peoples money, mine included just disappeared and ended up in the ether for up to five weeks when we transfered it out of our KE accounts.

The problem here seems to be that KE did in fact release the money but due to incorrect account details the money has in the case of wantage_boy been bounced back and in the case of 2little2late it is sitting somewhere with City bank.

If KE were given incorrect details,whatever your thoughts on them they cannot be held responsible. You are told this when you set up payment details on any internet banking. Well its now been said and in any event if it gets some response it will at least liven up this string, which seems to have died a death.
    Chaps requested 8th October : money left my account 8th October : £20 chaps fee deducted : destination account Halifax : Chaps fee of 20 re-funded to my KE account 27th October but dated 8th October: On the spreadsheet and received generic e-mail 29th October. Funds paid to my linked account 4th November
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure