Fibromyalgia

Options

Comments

• purplecatlover
    Options
    yup sun for me this year, 2 weeks til i go, maldives this year, last time we made it away over xmas was goa in 2002, year before that was lanzarote. gave me and my sister an excuse not to go home since i couldnt pull the im a student i cant afford it line anymore.

last few years have been spent here though. we were going to go away year before last but ended up going in feb last year instead, cant remember why.

my sister doesnt like going to the same place twice, and she pays so i have little say in where we end up, but i have not ahd any complaints yet.
  • sharon59
    sharon59 Posts: 1,051 Forumite
    Options
    hi to newbies-we are certanly growing!I am suffering a bit today after doing too much last few days-which l enjoyed so payback time is fair cop!
    Back not good sciatica gone haywire again and pain really dragging me down.May try to get appt with my gp on monday tosee if he has any more ideas!
    hugs to all-have warm and lazy evening!
    sharon xxx
    :j this money saving is such fun:T
  • Careful_with_that_Axe
    Options
    Panic over! I have been unable to connect to the internet for over an hour!! Have undone all the tidying searching for the broadband disc and eventually found a tech support number. It was all my own fault!
    I had moved a doobriewatsit that wirelessly transfers the pics from the Sky box in living room from the bedroom to the kitchen and it was interfering. Turned it off and Voila!
    Connected again, phew.
    s/e I do have a Lidl nearby and buy all household cleaning stuff from there. I haven't really looked for the patches there, but will keep eye open for them in future. Hope your day's been OK.
    Sharon sending you gentle hugs and hopes that you improve soon.
    pcl That sounds brilliant! Great that it's paid for too. 'm treating myself this year and going to St Marys on Isles of Scilly (my spiritual home) from 23rd to 27th.
    I went for 10 days this summer as first holiday for 7 years and absolutely fell in love with the place. I push myself hard with walking when I'm there, but come home at peace with myself and the world.

I don't know your age, but I was going to take Mum on a Saga holiday once, and I could have goone half price as her carer. Maybe worth looking into if they go the sort of places you like?
    I must go, I have lives to ruin and hearts to break :D
    My attitude depends on my Latitude 49° 55' 0" N 6° 19' 60 W
  • bigzippy
    bigzippy Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    Options
    Am up early enuff to get the good stuff at the farmers market and to remember that I don't need a camcorder or my palm read.
    Told ya so :p

Cwta wrote:
    BZ, PLEASE get some rest today. You're really overdoing it and I'm getting concerned that your health (yer, right) may crash. Do it for Auntie Axe?
    Um... does sleeping til 3.30pm count? I did then go into town, but only for half an hour. Managed to get 3 perfumes (copies, but they're nice and I use them too. 1 for each teenage niece and one for either me or an emergency pressie ;)) for £2.50 each and a box of candycanes for £1 from the poundshop (little finish-er off-ers for nieces/nephew's pressies). Then got some pasties and chips and bits from mine and made our way back to OHs. Am now on the couch with puppy dog and laptop, nice and full. :D
    Am I off the hook Auntie Axe?
    Wot Auntie Axe said. You don't want to crash completely just before your wedding, do you? Oops, I used the W word.
    :rotfl: Thankfully I have a while before the wedding :)
    To answer your question PCL we get married on Sunday 13th September 2009 :D :jNot GRIM at all ;):D
    Cwta wrote:
    I cover myself with various sizes of what I like to call "heat seeking" patches. You know the deep heat type thingamajibs. They help when I'm doing housework, but they cost a fortune. The cheapest place I've found is Superdrug. I always stock up when they're on special offer, but does anyone know anywhere really cheap to get them?
    p.s. Does anyone nother with Xmas decorations? Spesh those who live alone?
    I love lights and have a couple of short strings of teeny tiny twinkly white ones, but I don't do anything else.

p.s. just found 7 menopausal dwarves itchy, b1tchy, sweaty, bloaty, sleepy, forgetful and psycho
    Heat seeking patches I saw in the pound shop/poundland/whatever it's called(!) today - guess how much for? :p They had at least 4 in em and I'm sure it said reuseable or refillable or something like that.
    I'm not bothering with Xmas decs at home this year. I only have to take them down again. It took me ages last year and they ended up staying up for ages as a result! Gonna make MIL2B put hers up though :D
    As for the menopausal dwarves...I think I can safely say that I am NOT menopausal but have all of the above! :rolleyes:

Cwta - Phewf on the t'internet connection!!! :eek: That could've been horrendous! :rotfl:
    "I am indelibly stained by hope and longing" - Nuts in May
  • bigzippy
    bigzippy Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    Options
    Btw, nice to see you Raeh. You made me larf too :D
    "I am indelibly stained by hope and longing" - Nuts in May
  • purplecatlover
    Options
    im sure i pressed quote and it didnt work.

thats an idea, maybe not saga as i dont think either of us are old enough, but its worth an ask with other places im sure. shall tell my sister to look into it next time, if we go again.

ive never been to the sicily isles, actually i have no idea where they are? sounds like a really nice place though.

a good few months away yet then bz :)

hope you feel better soon sharon.
  • somebody_else
    Options
    ive never been to the sicily isles, actually i have no idea where they are? sounds like a really nice place though.
    Off the coast of Devon/Cornwall - access via a boat from Bideford (I believe) or a helicopter from somewhere in Cornwall (again, I believe). I've not been either, but apparently it's a beautiful place.

The one place I really, really wanted to go was Canada in the Fall/Winter and take the Canadian from one end of the country to another. Sadly, it won't happen now.

If there's somewhere you really want to go - just go - no-one knows what the future holds, don't put it off 'til the children are older, or 'til you retire. You might not be able to, when the time finally comes.
    s/e
  • Careful_with_that_Axe
    Options
    pcl Scilly Isles are a 15 min Helicoper ride (or a horrendous 3 hr boat trip on a ship with no stabilisers) from Penzance in Cornwall. The most famous Island is Tresco which has a huge restored tropical garden. The islands are tiny and so friendly, that I don't worry at all about going on my own. Don't know if your saw the TV progs Island Parish? That's all about the Scillys. The climate there is amazingly temperate.

BZ, don't you mean that the loss of internet connection would have been GRIM? *snigger*. I am relieved you have slept long, but one night ain't enuff - ya hear me?! You reminded me, I do have a couple of small wheat bags I can microwave and stuff down my knickers (typo there - I just typed knockers!!).
    Be amusing if they fall down the loo like the heat seeking patches sometime do.

Have put brisked off til tomorrow and having super healthy liver and red cabbage tonight. Followed by some choccie mousse. Choccie is one of the 5 a day right? It comes from a bean?

I bought a wonderfully hideous 6 inch battery operated psycadelic colour-changing Xmas tree in the market. Bad taste is surely better than no taste at all!
  • Careful_with_that_Axe
    Options
    s/e I always wanted to ride Route 66. It's nice to have dreams though even if somewhat unattainable.
  • somebody_else
    Options
    s/e I always wanted to ride Route 66. It's nice to have dreams though even if somewhat unattainable.
    It was certainly nice while it lasted. Nowadays, I'm lucky if I get a fortnight in a caravan at Minehead.

Oops, looks like I was wrong about the boat to Scilly from Bideford. I'm sure there used to be one from there, but it could be my defective memory again.
    s/e
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport