Kaupthing Edge Chaps/Bacs Transfers NEW discussion

Options

Comments

• ginvzt
    ginvzt Posts: 4,878 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    jille wrote: »
    Thanks for that-hope I've done it right......

I want a cake as well!!!! It is my birthday in 2 days, and my husband is supposed to make me a cake (his first one in his life - will see what happens, probably I'll get a cake at the restaurant and he will pay for it from joint account!:o)
    Spring into Spring 2015 - 0.7/12lb
  • musicman2004
    Options
    Yes. Tried twice: same error message. No reply obtained from KE, needless to say.
    Yes, I get some gobbledegook too. It's been like that for about 4 days. I emailed KE using their Secure System from October 8th, but no replies at all.
    Luckily I got my money through yesterday and still feel sick from all the stress and worry. A good solicitor might get us several thousands pounds each in compensation, but i know we will all be relieved when every penny of the money is returned .... i feel very confident it will be but the worry is horrible, i know!
  • musicman2004
    Options
    ginvzt wrote: »
    I joined in July, and I have no option for secure messages. I call that discrimination!!!!!!!
    Their messages at the moment are SO secure that NO ONE can read them!!

Hang on in there. The money will arrive by Friday - a friend of mine who is an astrologer insists it!

Something to do with Mercury going backwards?!!!
  • ginvzt
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Their messages at the moment are SO secure that NO ONE can read them!!

Hang on in there. The money will arrive by Friday - a friend of mine who is an astrologer insists it!

Something to do with Mercury going backwards?!!!

That does sound promising!!!!!
  • musicman2004
    Options
    merk965 wrote: »
    Hi

I transferred money to Halifax by Chaps 7/10 received 20/10

They charged me twice, £20 of remaining balance and £20 off sum transferred

Did anybody have the same problem?

Just goes to show how useless the Chaps system is - particularly in times like this. I'd never use CHAPS again in the future - no matter what. Bring back paper cheques!
  • nomorekids
    Options
    Hi folks
    back but only for a quick post, been trying to catch up. my hasn't the thread moved.

Thank you Martin for trying to get funds to those most in need.

I too received a phone call from Alastair Hemmings. I was in tears to him on the phone and he assured me ING would be paying up to Friday and NOT on Friday. I am now so angry that he would deliberately lie to me. I can't help but feel played.

Alastair I am sure is monitoring this site and he knows that his phone calls will go reported by us on the site. ie. he says, we post. I now fear another week end of no money. why do they keep saying Friday, presumably because we then can't then complain until Monday when the funds fail to come through.
    If you want to be rich, never, ever have kids ;)
  • henden
    henden Posts: 60 Forumite
    Options
    bigg wrote: »
    I’m on the Accounts screen right now and cannot see a ‘VIEW SECURE MESSAGES’ button.

Hey those who want to see........ these 'buttons' are on the left of your accounts page.......... that is Kaupthing Edge accounts page .. can you see these now?

AccountsPixy.gifPixy.gifPixy.gifStatementPixy.gifPixy.gifPixy.gifWithdrawalPixy.gifPixy.gifPixy.gifSecure MessagingPixy.gifPixy.gifPixy.gifView Secure MessagesPixy.gifPixy.gifPixy.gifAmend Memorable WordPixy.gifPixy.gifPixy.gifAmend PasswordPixy.gifPixy.gifPixy.gifPay In DetailsPixy.gifPixy.gifPixy.gifHelpPixy.gifPixy.gifPixy.gifLog out
    STILL WAITING for refund of 1x £20 fee plus missing interest on our 2 accounts.
  • bigg
    bigg Posts: 654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nearly got to the fridge.

Just received a reply to an email I sent to the BBC on 17th Oct, asking if I had received my money. I replied yes but could I hand her address on to others who hadn’t and she just gave me the ok. So anyone still waiting please send your story to:

[EMAIL="allison.hinds@bbc.co.uk"]allison.hinds@bbc.co.uk[/EMAIL]

I told her the latest deadline is Friday but we’ve seen two come and go before. She is back in her office Friday.

Now I’m going to the fridge.
  • henden
    henden Posts: 60 Forumite
    Options
    ginvzt wrote: »
    I joined in July, and I have no option for secure messages. I call that discrimination!!!!!!!

That's really weird - we opened accounts in June -- but it has to be the same website format? or not.........
    STILL WAITING for refund of 1x £20 fee plus missing interest on our 2 accounts.
  • ginvzt
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    henden wrote: »
    Hey those who want to see........ these 'buttons' are on the left of your accounts page.......... that is Kaupthing Edge accounts page .. can you see these now?

AccountsPixy.gifPixy.gifPixy.gifStatementPixy.gifPixy.gifPixy.gifWithdrawalPixy.gifPixy.gifPixy.gifSecure MessagingPixy.gifPixy.gifPixy.gifView Secure MessagesPixy.gifPixy.gifPixy.gifAmend Memorable WordPixy.gifPixy.gifPixy.gifAmend PasswordPixy.gifPixy.gifPixy.gifPay In DetailsPixy.gifPixy.gifPixy.gifHelpPixy.gifPixy.gifPixy.gifLog out

Instead, I can't see the Secure Messages and these are the options:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family