Kaupthing Edge CHAPS Transfer

Options

Comments

• miserable_ol_so_n_so
    Options
    nomorekids wrote: »
    I have been put through to some sort of priority line. ha ha, that was 9.19am. Now look at the time, its a 0845 number, they are profiteering from our misery. I will have to hang up just to get a tissue. i am now crying

Please everyone, be patient. I still believe we will get our money back. Dont pay attention to scare stories related to billions being poured into ING by the Dutch authorities. If anything, it ought to bode well for us, ING having money to give out!

Any money they sent last Friday, after 5:00 pm, must still be in the pipeline, and could arrive anytime upto close of business today.

I agree that if it does not, then we have to get ING to tell us what has happened to each of our transactions. We will need to provide them with our transaction ID.
    ....Illegitimi non carborundum

...don't let the illegitimate ones grind you down....
  • Fraud-at-Kaupthing
    Options
    Looks like this is going to be featured on "Working Lunch" at 12:30 on the BBC today.
  • newsaver76
    Options
    All - is there an email address for ING customer services? Or just phone numbers?

Also, for those of you who already called the 0845 (or whichever) number for customer services, did ING actually deal with your specific account numbers, details , etc. - as a normal bank would (e.g. take details and look things up on their system), or do they just fend people off with general information? That's my main worry, that they don't even have access to our accounts, and see which account did which CHAPS transactions, etc.

This is getting increasingly worrying...
  • arcadia00
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for keeping me informed as this is my first post. I asked for a £10k CHAPS on 8th Oct, nothing doing since.
  • hometune
    hometune Posts: 162 Forumite
    Options
    newsaver76 wrote: »
    All - is there an email address for ING customer services? Or just phone numbers?

Also, for those of you who already called the 0845 (or whichever) number for customer services, did ING actually deal with your specific account numbers, details , etc. - as a normal bank would (e.g. take details and look things up on their system), or do they just fend people off with general information? That's my main worry, that they don't even have access to our accounts, and see which account did which CHAPS transactions, etc.

I was told by ING customer services Karl that they had no access to individual accounts/transactions. On asking when they would be able to access this information was told it would be 2-3 weeks before ING had access to it! Dont want to frighten everyone but I dont think this is going to be a quick process of getting our money back!
    I asked Karl what the customer services department did if they couldnt help me with my problems, he said we are here to help our existing ING customers! Guess that just about summed it up!!!
    CHAPS 8th received 20th into HSBC A/C
    BACS on the 17th and 20th received 22nd into HSBC A/C
    CHAPS fee refunded 29/10
    I can survive any crisis - I have kids!!
  • dutch123
    Options
    newsaver76 wrote: »

Just thought I'd give the ING team a call, got the script as read very nicely by Ree that 95% all payments had been made. She couldn't look at my transaction at they do not have any account numbers / details.

I asked her to confirm whether it was possible that Lloyds (who told me their cut off for receipts was 3.30pm) received my money after their COB on Friday and that then this is why they would be processing it today for me to receive my money. She seemed to think this was the case. She did reiterate that the problem ones had been contacted already.

She deviated from the script slightly to say that my money was safe and that it was not caught up with anything sinister but I do think these were just platitudes to comfort me (managed not to let the voice crack too much on this occasion...)
  • philiprn
    Options
    I have completed one of the complaint forms here.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

I'm trying to stay calm in my discussions with ING but it's getting very difficult.
  • gaan01
    gaan01 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    LuKeNuKuM wrote: »
    oh if only! nope we're in the lost property bag :(
    I don't think the transactions are lost - they would not have the capability to specifically email those affected if this was the case.
  • Ippylady
    Ippylady Posts: 390 Forumite
    Options
    Ippylady wrote: »
    Sorry - looks like lyING ING at it again, she assured me it would.
    Just rang back......blah blah blah,
    Now been given a number which will take you through directly to a "supervisor"
    0800 376 6400
    Let's see if this works.............

Spoke to Patrick - he wasn't a supervisor though, but he assured me that KE DO have the ability to look at our account details!
    Back on the phone now to KE???? :mad:
  • dungeness
    Options
    I am still (along with many others I suspect) following this unfolding story with horror, even though I received my dosh on Friday (BACS requested 8th). I really believed all you CHAPS would have yours today & was looking forward to reading your news & seeing all the little dancing icons!

I feel really angry & upset that you are still having all this worry. Nothing I can say will make you feel better I know, but remember there really are lots of us who would be prepared to support you & are thinking about you.

It could still be good luck for today. Didn't the payments 2 weeks' ago start to come in around 2pm? Everything crossed for you all!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure