Kaupthing Edge CHAPS Transfer

Options

Comments

• Alisonb1965_2
    Options
    I have just emailed all the major news programmes to highlight this. If everyone does this they can't ignore it.
    BACS 11/10/08 TO RBS
    RECEIVED MONEY 22/10/08 YAHOO :p
    Thanks to all on forum for support over the past week.
  • sph1971sph
    Options
    tintin52 wrote: »
    Phoned contact number on their update page 0845 848 0282. Called twice this morning and both times got through in less than 30 seconds!
    I phoned second time just to check I got the same story and I did. Asked how payments were sent and was told same day value, although Dolly who I spoke too wasn't sure if these were CHAPS transfers or BACS transfers using the Faster Payments system. Either way was encouraged to get the same response that funds would be in my account today.
    Told 5% category are tranactions initiated by telephone instruction or where there is some query such as duplicate requests and anyone in this category will be contacted individually.
    Inclined to stay calm until close of play today.

Thanks for your efforts but I'm not inclined to believe anything they say. No CHAPS transactions have come through to my knowledge and other people have had conversations along the lines that "CHAPS went via head office". I have a horrible feeling the administrators have their hands on that account. If that's the case our money *could* have fallen down the cracks in the transfer process. You can also be sure that the administrators will not release money from the account unless they are legally obliged to, they will do everything then can to hang on it, as is their duty in the job they are doing. (I have £33k sent via CHAPS on the 7th - so I hope I am wrong, believe me!)

If that's the case could the total amount given to ING by FSCS be insufficient and ING are now in negotiations with them and the administrators to sort out this mess? I don't think we will lose the money given the assurances by Mr. Darling amongst others. But we should prepare ourselves for a real wait if the money isn't in by close of business today. We need some transparency and clarity from ING and they should only promise what they know as fact, and can deliver!
  • Ippylady
    Ippylady Posts: 390 Forumite
    Options
    Just got off the phone to ING...........this is now what I have been told, I need to phone KE (surprise, surprise!)
    All CHAPS payments, should be going through, ACCEPT a small minority of payments, but if you fall into the latter, you should receive a telephone call or an email from the administrators. I have checked my email, so unless I get a phone call, will assume (rightly or wrongly - bet it will be wrongly!!!!) that I should receive my CHAPS payment from the 7th today????
    She also gave me a freephone number for ING (Customer services) 0800 376 8844, said it would take me straight through to the same department as the 0845 number we have all bee ringing.
  • moola_3
    moola_3 Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, that is my experience.

I bet ING thought they were getting bargain with KE not a complete PR disaster that has even affected their share price - whoops!

I just hope they go into meltdown after we've got our money. They certainly deserve to.
  • jemimapd_2
    Options
    KTF wrote: »
    What exactly do you expect Martin to do? Go to ING HQ and help them tap peoples details into the system (or whatever they need to do)?

I suspect that ING are doing their best to clear down the backlog given the circumstances they have been lumbered with. If they were in the process of clearing out the remaining transactions then the news about ING today (and no doubt the extra number of requests that has generated) will further add to the delay.

Martin has a public profile and maybe can get a more definitive answer than us also rans in my opinion that's all - he's so very good at raising public awareness and the media will probably take more notice of him than us. I don't expect him to SOLVE the problem!
  • THE_WORRIER_3
    Options
    I have just e-mailed WORKING LUNCH - I think we all need to be thinking of ways to get this MESS highlighted in the media more - we seem to be the forgotten ones and I am now sick with worry. OH keeps telling me to stop looking at the thread but don't know what else to do.

Come on guys - get e-mailing the BBC, ITV, CHANNEL 4, SKY, - if we spend some time this morning doing that - we will feel we have at least done something.
  • Spicey
    Spicey Posts: 239 Forumite
    Options
    ginvzt wrote: »
    Well, after all this, I am taking all the money out of my KE account and putting it in Nationwide 6-month bond. I did receive my £15k transfer on Friday, so now lets wait and see how long the new transfer (CHAPS this time) will take to reach me... It is in the ether at the moment...
    Be interested as to when you get this, as have money left in account also.
  • 2little2late
    Options
    Katykay wrote: »
    It seems to me that there are now 2 groups of people waiting for money as follows:

1. Those who made requests by CHAPS before or around the time that KE collapsed. I have not seen any post suggesting that a CHAPS payment has been received.

2. Those who made normal BACS transfer requests AFTER KE was taken over by ING. This group appear to be the ones that have received the email from ING early today and I guess that a delay might be reasonable given the circumstances.

I believe that all those who asked for BACS transfers around Oct 6 - 8 have now received them.

Do you agree?

no!! 2 out of 3 BACS in our house initiated a.m. 7 october still not arrived - mine for 10k was there as promised - other 1/2's 30k still missing. We're bothin same receiving bank. One pound deposit to KE to test BACs system worked within 3 days arriving ke 15th- suprise, surprise.
  • THE_WORRIER_3
    Options
    Ippylady wrote: »
    Just got off the phone to ING...........this is now what I have been told, I need to phone KE (surprise, surprise!)
    All CHAPS payments, should be going through, ACCEPT a small minority of payments, but if you fall into the latter, you should receive a telephone call or an email from the administrators. I have checked my email, so unless I get a phone call, will assume (rightly or wrongly - bet it will be wrongly!!!!) that I should receive my CHAPS payment from the 7th today????
    She also gave me a freephone number for ING (Customer services) 0800 376 8844, said it would take me straight through to the same department as the 0845 number we have all bee ringing.
    Just phoned the 0800 no - yes got through in under 30 secs but told to ring 0845 603 8888 as the 0800 no was only for new customers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • TypeR
    TypeR Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    Dear Johan,

Please find enclosed my Kaupthing Edge Account number ********.

I've spent far too much time recently being told nothing much at all by the vast majority of your staff, it would appear your customer service area and customer relations area know absoloutely nothing about what is going on in your business each day I've been in the unenviable position of being one of your customers.

Today I'm writing to you to ask you where my money is - surely if anyone knows what's going on, you do - and if you don't know I'm certain you can find out by speaking to the correct people.

I'm running out of patience with the excuses and as such have reported ING direct to the FSA at 10:15 this morning.

At lunch time I shall contact the treasury to make a further complaint, by Mid afternoon I shall go to SKY and the BBC to tell them about the 100's of people in the UK who have not see a penny of their savings since, what appears to be your companies bungled rescue of Kaupthing Edge.

At 6pm this evening I will go to the Police, showing them the evidence of £3m+ of deposits which have disappeared to which your staff have no idea of their where abouts. Urging them to investigate this disappearance.

As I've said many times, I've been patient and understanding, but both myself and my parents are currently out of pocket to the tune of nearly £70,000 and all I get when I have contact with your company is "I don't know".

I hope you will take the time to pick up the phone and speak to me about why a rescue mission has turned in to a complete disaster for ING direct, and what you are going to do about the inadequate customer service I keep receiving and what you propose to do about things moving forward.

If you fail to address my email with the seriousness I would expect you to, I'll have no trouble what so ever bringing your name in to this when discussing the missing deposits with the media.

Regards
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport