Kaupthing Edge CHAPS Transfer

Options

Comments

• goodethernet
    Options
    I just spoke to someone at ING. She was very sympathetic and also insisted that the ONLY transfers that would take longer than today (i.e. the 5%) were ones that had been called in by telephone instead of via the net.

I told her that I had made one simple internet CHAPS transction on 7/10 and she said I should have my money by the end of today. She probably does believe that but I don't.

I put it to her that ING's definition of "all" transfers was in all likelihood a lot less than the total number of transfers that had been made and she said she didn't know anything about that.

She did admit though that if by the end of the day today, they still had people calling them to say "where's my purely internet based CHAPS transfer?" then they had a problem.

She also said that the "5%" customers had been contacted and if you hadn't been then you should expect payment today. When I put it to her that another reason I might not have been contacted was because my money wasn't included in INGs definition of "all transactions", she went a bit quiet.

I am now convinced that ING's definition of "all" excludes a LOT of CHAPS transfers that were made 6/7/8 October
  • JCB_Digger
    Options
    Hi All,

I messaged MSE Dan, who said he'll be chasing ING today about this - he'll post information on the forum as soon as he has something.

Regards, John
  • tintin52
    Options
    Just phoned the 0800 no - yes got through in under 30 secs but told to ring 0845 603 8888 as the 0800 no was only for new customers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Try 0845 848 0282 - worked for me twice this morning - less than 30 secs both times.
    CHAPS 7/10 RECEIVED 20/10 NAT WEST
  • dag_2
    dag_2 Posts: 793 Forumite
    Options
    http://www.fscs.org.uk/consumer/
    http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/landsbanki.htm

Oh, and it would appear that the "KSF Administrators" are Ernst and Young. Haven't found anything on their web site about it yet.

I think it might also be an idea to keep an eye on what ING say they're doing with Heritable too:
    http://www.ingdirect.co.uk/heritable.asp
    :p
  • jemimapd_2
    Options
    [ I would not have made this transfer by CHAPS if I hadn't needed the money at a specific time for a specific purpose and I suspect that applies to many others. Unfortunately, we seem to be the people in the worst possible situation as we are now a minority. If I 'd been able to wait an indefinite time for my money I would have left it in KE (before we knew ING was taking over) to be picked up by the FSCS like my Icesave account, and saved myself a fortnight of absolute misery that isn't over yet .[/quote]

DITTO
  • Chilledout50
    Options
    Hi all - doesn't look good from the postings.

Just had a thought re the CHAPS payments going via KSF. The motley fool article 9/10 addressed the very issue of CHAPS payments going missing and it said that KE used RBS as the clearing bank. Does anyone know different
  • helix_2
    helix_2 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Too many dates have come and gone now with promise of money being in linked accounts.

I now do NOT believe that the problem will be solved in the near future. I suspect we will be waiting weeks rather than hours or days as the solution will require further intervention from the FSCS, KE administrators and the Government.

It is the same with Icesave compensation. This will take longer than promised and will likely be months. The wheels of bureaucracy move slowly.
  • Ippylady
    Ippylady Posts: 390 Forumite
    Options
    Just phoned the 0800 no - yes got through in under 30 secs but told to ring 0845 603 8888 as the 0800 no was only for new customers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sorry - looks like lyING ING at it again, she assured me it would.
    Just rang back......blah blah blah,
    Now been given a number which will take you through directly to a "supervisor"
    0800 376 6400
    Let's see if this works.............
  • poodlediva
    Options
    My money (chaps transfer Tues 7th, 9am) is still awol too. I spoke at length to drippy Karl and pathetic Alastair at ING this morning. Both were hopeless. All they could boast was that 95% of customers were alright Jack. They insisted the other 5% have been contacted about their 'situation'. I certainly haven't although I have seen the fob off letter on this thread. When pushed, both admitted that they are as much in the dark as we are and basically can't give any information as they don't have any.

We MUST get the media involved now and do all we can (FOS? FSCS?) to bring this to a conclusion. I am up for marching somewhere with media involvement. I am at the end of my tether and a complete wreck over this. I can't remember the name of the guy who's been collecting names and email addresses, but I think we should all start emailing eachother to form a plan. Are there any solicitors / experts on this forum who can advise?
  • kasbridge
    Options
    All,
    Being as we are likely to end up talking to the administrators I put a call into them, guess what - voicemail!

I left them a polite non-specific message to call me back, will report back as and when (if) they do.

If any one else fancies calling them the main KSF switch is 0203 205 5000 ask for the adminstration team.

Cheers,
    K.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family