Options

Comments

• moola_3
    moola_3 Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    TypeR wrote: »
    FSA - Useless, we can't help you.

Who's up for calling the Police?
    We should all individually be getting in touch with various media. Treasury rescue package for KE savers in tatters. Questions the media could ask ING: is this connected with the Dutch government bailout, how many savers are affected?
  • TypeR
    TypeR Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    POR wrote: »
    Did you not say last week that your case was being escalated up to board level?

All mouth no action I'm afraid.
  • bigg
    bigg Posts: 654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    kaylor wrote: »
    Just spoke to ING again!!! Story now is that all payments were made on Friday and some could still hit accounts today, but if not, we are probably part of the 5% not paid and will be being contacted individually either by telephone or by email to let us know when to expect the money. They are saying that the administrator's auditors are going through these payments one by one, there could be something that had jumped out to make them look at them carefully, in my case, for instance it could be that my daughter and myself transferred cash at the same time and our surnames are the same, which may have caused alarm bells and needed to be checked manually in case there was confusion over the names......OMG what next!!!

I am finding it really difficult to stay positive. No reply to my email to Alastair Hemmings!

What a load of rubbish.

Ly ING
  • bunny62
    bunny62 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    I fully agree with drmaslam, post # 5103.
    Ready to share costs for legal action if feasible.
    I got no more cash but can ask for a friend's loan.
    Perhaps if no money is returned into our accounts by wednesday (another wednesday, another friday, oh god enough waiting!) we should really consider a joint action.
    Lu
  • dutch123
    Options
    trying to stay calm & rational but can slowly feel the panic growing again.:cry:

Someone earlier had spoken to their bank and asked for them to try tracing the transaction number etc. Has anyone else tried to do this or asked their bank what times, etc CHAPS details are received if they were sent after COB on Friday?
  • kasbridge
    Options
    Sirs,
    I am one of the hundreds (if not thousands) of people still waiting for money from KE.

Despite repeated assurances that all but manually actioned telephone transfers would be paid into our accounts first thing today we have still received no monies-my own bank is a CHAPS clearing bank and has no pending transactions for me.

The ING website indicates that all but the manual transactions have now been processed BUT WE STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED FUNDS FROM PERFECTLY NORMAL WEB INITIATED CHAPS REQUESTS.

Can you please investigate, the call centre people from ING are pulling their hair out, the disconnect is as follows;

-KE call centre says speak to ING
    -ING call centre says everything is fine but payments are being done at KE with a joint KE/ING team.
    -ING call centre has no access to payment processing team and no visibility of accounts.
    -Customers cannot get access to the payment processing team.

Please can you help resolve this kafkaesque situation?

We are all being driven to distraction here, we just want to know that out missing monies are acknowledged (in writing or email) and a timeframe for resolution., We would also like ING to stop hiding behind this smokescreen of manual transactions as it is now wearing somewhat thin - these were perfectly standard web initiated transactions.

To the best of my knowledge there are well over one hundred people in the same position on just one web forum alone with funds totalling some £4M currently lost in the ether - this represents in some cases people's total net wealth.

Hope you can help,
    Regards,

******************************************************************************************
    Come on guys (and gals) get emailing.....we will not get any money today!!

[EMAIL="working.lunch@bbc.co.uk"]working.lunch@bbc.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Cheers,
    K.
  • AB31
    AB31 Posts: 73 Forumite
    Options
    TO ANYONE AT K-E WATCHING THIS THREAD

Can you please put an immediate update on your website advising:
    1. how much of the 5% residual will see payments today, Monday 20th
    2. what portion of this is:
    • manual payments resulting from telephone requests
    • CHAPS payments resulting from online BACS requests
    • CHAPS payments resulting from online CHAPS requests
  • tintin52
    Options
    Phoned contact number on their update page 0845 848 0282. Called twice this morning and both times got through in less than 30 seconds!
    I phoned second time just to check I got the same story and I did. Asked how payments were sent and was told same day value, although Dolly who I spoke too wasn't sure if these were CHAPS transfers or BACS transfers using the Faster Payments system. Either way was encouraged to get the same response that funds would be in my account today.
    Told 5% category are tranactions initiated by telephone instruction or where there is some query such as duplicate requests and anyone in this category will be contacted individually.
    Inclined to stay calm until close of play today.
    Which tel no did you phone?? Many thanks
    CHAPS 7/10 RECEIVED 20/10 NAT WEST
  • jemimapd_2
    Options
    I now feel really really sick. Where the hell is Martin in our real hour of need?
  • sph1971sph
    Options
    Katykay wrote: »
    It seems to me that there are now 2 groups of people waiting for money as follows:

1. Those who made requests by CHAPS before or around the time that KE collapsed. I have not seen any post suggesting that a CHAPS payment has been received.

2. Those who made normal BACS transfer requests AFTER KE was taken over by ING. This group appear to be the ones that have received the email from ING early today and I guess that a delay might be reasonable given the circumstances.

I believe that all those who asked for BACS transfers around Oct 6 - 8 have now received them.

Do you agree?

Additional to the above - who has received the "manual payment" email, did anyone who CHAPS before the 8th receive the "manual payment" email from ING yesterday or today?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure