Kaupthing Edge CHAPS Transfer

Options

Comments

• R4CHY_3
    R4CHY_3 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    Please add me to the list too...
    l did a chaps transfer last night to linked account. The balance is showing zero in my KE account and the £20 Chaps fee has been deducted but it has not arrived in my current account yet as of 17:51. Need it desperately as am buying a house and the rest of my deposit is frozen in my Icesave account which is causing a bit of a nightmare! _pale_
  • loveabargin
    Options
    please add me to your list I did a chaps transfer on 7/10 at 0930am but still not showing in my linked account.
  • Roberta1
    Roberta1 Posts: 649 Forumite
    Options
    Me too.

One BACs withdrawal Monday morning, another one Tuesday morning.
  • gomann
    gomann Posts: 71 Forumite
    Options
    I would suggest just settling for a sleepless night ... it will take a while for the KE(IOM) staff to process this "run".

A meaningful listing, with no disrespect to "formulaonefan", would include how long folks have been waiting. BACS and CHAPS are different, as we know - my CHAPS took from 1930 on Monday to around late afternoon on Tuesday.

Poor Tracey [or whoever] at the keyboard can only manage so much, especially with manual checking as well.

Don't create panic, Mr Mainwaring ... I suspect those poor bu66ers in Douglas are overwhelmed.
  • kasbridge
    kasbridge Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    Add me in, just joined up, very worried

£££ transaction at 13:30 Tues, not yet in destination a/c.

Thanks and hello,
    K.
  • rhinestonemaiden
    Options
    add me rhinestonemaiden - did a chaps from KE at about 4pm yesterday, amount requested shown as debited from my account as well as chaps fee, but not arrived in my linked account yet
  • gomann
    gomann Posts: 71 Forumite
    Options
    kasbridge wrote: »
    Add me in, just joined up, very worried

£££ transaction at 13:30 Tues, not yet in destination a/c.

Thanks and hello,
    K.

I'll bet £10 it will be there by 2100 on Thursday ;)

Just think of the entire loading on personnel, and computer systems, as everyone does the sensible thing and removes eggs from the wrong basket.

Remember to breathe .... ;)

I doubt my £25k emptied the safe :rolleyes:
  • pmorrison_2
    Options
    I actioned a CHAPS transfer yesterday evening, about 8pm, gone from KE balance but not yet appeared in my Alliance and Leicester current account
  • Heliman
    Heliman Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Did a CHAPS Transfer yesterday (Tuesday) at 1430, money left account straight away. Still not in my bank as of close today. Got throught to KE and got the usual quote of clearing bank overloaded, but should arrive today, IT DIDN'T. Very worried about money in transfer not being covered by FSCS. Hope somebody that did the deed on Tuesday gets good news, might make me feel better.
  • mobfant
    mobfant Posts: 293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm not too worried. It seems that CHAPS transfers are actioned manually and obviously over the last day or two they've been very busy. The money is either a) at KE, and will be transferred once they know what's going on with the ING transfer, b) at the clearing bank, or c) about to enter our accounts.
    Chippy99 wrote: »
    To anyone who has NOT yet executed a withdrawal instruction, I would be VERY tempted to sit tight if I were you.

ING looks like a safe home for your savings for the moment and perhaps the best option is to withdraw your money (if you want to) when it has formally been transfered over to ING.

I don't mean to panic anybody, but I read this on another forum:

"I transferred all of my KE savings out by CHAPS (same day transfer) on Tuesday morning (9am) and my KE account has shown the money has left the account. As of 5pm on Wed this cash has not arrived in my UK current account. This is worrying . After speaking to the FSCS, they have informed me that money in the process of being transferred is not covered under the compensation scheme. Obviously I cannot talk to KE as no one is speaking to customers ( the account is still showing the money has left) and the receiving bank tell me they can't help. Where has my money gone?

All of you who have transferred money in the last couple of days check your accounts?"

That being the case, I kindof wish I had not made my withdrawal request!

But no-one is seeking compensation from KE.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure